Gems on kids nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tipsbygm

Reaction score
Its half term my little girl and her best friend always have me pretty their nails up but it never lasts.:cry: I don't usually do natural nails so wondered if anyone has any ideas how to keep gems and varnish on. It could be just how it is with children but i thought i ask ?

I would use a good topcoat like Out the door!
This seema to do the trick for me.
hth xx

:lol::lol:Ive just finished doing my daughters funnily enough,I painted them in varnish,stuck the gems on with nail glue,then painted round the gems with topcoat,she probly will have picked em all off by tomorrow eve though.

But like you say its half term, and she knows its the only time she can have her nails done,but boy dont they fidget.!!

Thanks i will try out the door see i have better luck.
Debbie yes i know what what you mean they do fidget.:)

i think its a combo of things.
kids nails are generally thinner and more flexible so that means the coating is broken down more easily with all the movement.
as well as that they fiddle with them and put their fingers in their mouths without realising what they are doing.
i always use nail glue and topcoat around too. its as much as you can do really. dont waste your swarovski gems on them, go for cheap acrylic rhinestones.

same here my 13 yr old stepdaughter and her mates chip away at me to gem n art their nails up ...i put a double lashing of out the door top coat on them ..& yup i use cheap nail gems & decals on them saves me wasting my swarovski ones....
jane x

VTCT L2 BEAUTY THERAPIST
VTCT L3 HOLISTIC THERAPIST
VTCT IHBC L2 NAIL ARTIST/TECH
STUDEX CERT EAR PIERCING
VTCT L3 DIP HEALTH,SAFETY,SECURITY & EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS

Insanity is hereditary. You get it from your kids:eek:

Id stick the gem into tacky enamel and then top coat, they will never last long on kids nails, so dont worry too much about it! :hug:

Id stick the gem into tacky enamel and then top coat, they will never last long on kids nails, so dont worry too much about it! :hug:

This is how i do it on kids nails with lots of top coats on.x

Thanks for your replies i do only use cheap gems or just alpha jewels i just wondered if i was missing something that might keep them on longer. I will try more top coat next time its a case of getting my daughter to sit still long enough. xx
Thanks

I usually do my little girls nail with either glitter or decals the decals aways last the longest as they are flat and once you have put topcoat on she can't pick at them also glitter can't really be picked once sealed i do put stickers on but have to put a few coats over then to stop her picking i am suprised at the moment as i did her nails with gem stickers a week ago and they are still there shock!!!!

I put them into tacky enamel and put a thick coat of top coat on - seems to do the trick xx

Latest posts

Back