Getting my tongue pierced

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The girl that does the piercings wont be in on saturday now :cry: so Ive got to try get it done after work on Friday if I can finish early enough!

Ive already got my supply of ice cream in :green:

What size is the bar that they put in at first?

Defo wont go near noodles or spaghetti!!!:lol:
Il have to stock up on some ibuprofen. Is your speech really affected at first? I answer the phone in work most of the time and there is a few letter s's in the title haha

Im off over the weekend so thats not too bad.

is it best to go back to the piercer to change to the smaller bar or is it ok to do it yourself.
x

My speech was affected. I'm told that mine wasn't too bad but two weeks after having it done my Mum knew as soon as she heard me something wasn't right and that went for my neighbours too. I can still hear a difference now but only because I know. I dont lisp at all but sometimes words with D's in sound funny :lol: There are times when as I speak I feel the ball go between my tongue and the roof of my mouth towards the front. It gets much better when the bigger bar is swapped out but even though I dont work I am very glad I had mine done during the school holidays where most of the village was away so not many heard me speak until about 3 weeks after it went in by which time I sounded much better. :lol:

Can't give you any advice as I've never had it done. You are a braver girl than me:lol::hug:

My speech was affected. I'm told that mine wasn't too bad but two weeks after having it done my Mum knew as soon as she heard me something wasn't right and that went for my neighbours too. I can still hear a difference now but only because I know. I dont lisp at all but sometimes words with D's in sound funny :lol: There are times when as I speak I feel the ball go between my tongue and the roof of my mouth towards the front. It gets much better when the bigger bar is swapped out but even though I dont work I am very glad I had mine done during the school holidays where most of the village was away so not many heard me speak until about 3 weeks after it went in by which time I sounded much better. :lol:

How long have you had yours done now?

About 4 months now I think x

my mum will notice straight away. Shes always said not to get it done. shes a nurse and comes up with horror stories. Not told her Im gettin it done. I'm 23 and shel still tell me off for gettin it done haha

Last edited:
I say go for it! I got mine done about 5 years ago and didnt find it sore at all at the time! The guy doing the piercing was more worried about my friend who was watching (and fainted!). It swelled up quite a bit but gargling with salty water kept it nice and clean! It did hurt for the next week or so when I tried to eat! The worst thing about the piercing is when you crunch it between your teeth by mistake, that made my toes curl!! It never really had much effect on my teeth enamel!

I loved this piercing so much but took it out a few months ago. Just got annoyed with it one day! And my boyfriend didnt really like it! I still feel like its there sometimes...its like if you lose a limb and you still think its there.

I say go for it! I got mine done about 5 years ago and didnt find it sore at all at the time! The guy doing the piercing was more worried about my friend who was watching (and fainted!). It swelled up quite a bit but gargling with salty water kept it nice and clean! It did hurt for the next week or so when I tried to eat! The worst thing about the piercing is when you crunch it between your teeth by mistake, that made my toes curl!! It never really had much effect on my teeth enamel!

I loved this piercing so much but took it out a few months ago. Just got annoyed with it one day! And my boyfriend didnt really like it! I still feel like its there sometimes...its like if you lose a limb and you still think its there.

My toes curled then when you said bout crunching it in between your teeth by mistake!!!:|
Yeh recon I would absolutly love that piercing. Your poor friend :lol:
not sure what my boyfriend thinks, he says its my choice my body but wont say if he likes them or not :rolleyes:
If he doesnt in the end I might if hes lucky take it out but at least I can say I got it done.:green: think he would just have to like it though.

Would you ever get it done again?

She the worst thing was then she tried to eat noodles two days later, all the noodles wrapped around it and she felt queasy!! LOL

LOLOL the same happened to me, I had made spag bol for that night :green:

My toes curled then when you said bout crunching it in between your teeth by mistake!!!:|
Yeh recon I would absolutly love that piercing. Your poor friend :lol:
not sure what my boyfriend thinks, he says its my choice my body but wont say if he likes them or not :rolleyes:
If he doesnt in the end I might if hes lucky take it out but at least I can say I got it done.:green: think he would just have to like it though.

Would you ever get it done again?

I dunno...maybe? I really loved it but as Im getting older Im becoming more of a chicken and think I'd be too nervous! Especially as someone mentioned earlier that they cant use numbing spray anymore !!! :suprised:

My swelling went down, then came back again, so bad that you could see the indent of every one of my teeth on my tongue! I took the bar out then, I got scared that I'd suffocate in the night. I did really like having it though, and I did used to play with it, rattling it along my teeth (I know that was really a bad thing to do!)

Anyway, I only had mine for 3 weeks. I sometimes think about trying again, as I did really like it.

Good luck, hope it goes well, sounds like more good stories than horror stories so far!:hug:

I have one! I've had a bunch of piercings and my tongue was probably the least painful of everything. I've had it for about 8 years now and it's only been out twice when they made me take it out to have my babies. I actually ended up having a job interview the day after I got it done, and did well, got the job :) I love it, no problems or anything, just make sure you have the ice cream handy!

The girl that does the piercings wont be in on saturday now :cry: so Ive got to try get it done after work on Friday if I can finish early enough!
I'm just finding out the address of an excellent piercer in your area, I'll edit when I find....
Ive already got my supply of ice cream in :green:
Good Lass!
What size is the bar that they put in at first?
usually 22mm long, occasionally shorter, it'll be shortened to between 14mm & 18mm (depends on a few things, lol) after approx 2 weeks.
Defo wont go near noodles or spaghetti!!!:lol:
I personally found chocolate to be a horrible 'mare, burning, claggy horror, lmao
Il have to stock up on some ibuprofen. Is your speech really affected at first? I answer the phone in work most of the time and there is a few letter s's in the title haha
If u can have about 3 days off, that would be superb, otherwise you will have one achey, mother-luvvin tongue to deal with.
It can be done, but best not too talk too much.
Oh, & 's' will sound like 'sh' (pmsl)
Im off over the weekend so thats not too bad.
Good!

All the best x (& dont forget to drink lots of water!)

Now this is the one that i can't understand.I am in no way being judgemental so don't take it as such.Everyones bodies are their own to do with as they like as far as im concerned (after a certain age of course) ,i just want to understand because to me there seems so many down sides to something which seems to me to have little reward.

Pain,lisping,tooth erosion,risk of infection and not being able to eat your christmas dinner are all enough for me to think .... :eek: why?

I love my teeth had years of authodontistry and would never put them at any risk from erosion.

Is it because it pushes the limits and it gets attention when people catch sight of it ,because its not obvious all the time..now no arguments please just tell me your points of view.I don't suppose anyone just woke up one morning and said 'ooh i think i'll get my tongue pierced just for the heck of it' so why did you or why are you and with all the possible risks that may be involved.

Good!

All the best x (& dont forget to drink lots of water!)

Thanks for that x
Todays the day, couldnt hardly sleep cos im excited to get it done. I know you hear all horror stories but ive got to try it.

Gettin it done bout 4 o clock today. finishing work a bit early as the piercer leaves at half 4 and i dont want to be last minute.

I had a good talk with them on the phone about it too yesterday. Gettin a little bit nervous. :lol:

I was lookin in the mirror this mornin and my tongue isnt very long at all haha it hardly sticks out my mouth!! :rolleyes:

Good luck hun ... you're one brave lady!!! :eek: xx

Good luck hun, I love mine wouldnt change it for anything....x

Thanks everyone x

Ive even bought a choice of diferent tongue studs for when i can change to a smaller bar.:)

Brought lots of food to work with me so Im not starving after it :lol:

Latest posts

Back