Getting my tongue pierced

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now this is the one that i can't understand.I am in no way being judgemental so don't take it as such.Everyones bodies are their own to do with as they like as far as im concerned (after a certain age of course) ,i just want to understand because to me there seems so many down sides to something which seems to me to have little reward.

Pain, Thats temporary and once its gone you dont notice its there lisping, I dont lisp, occasional soft d but no lisp tooth erosion, mine is no where near my teeth, shorter bar seemed to solve the 'crunch' prolem risk of infection I didn't get an infection in this but did in my 2nd set of earpiercing on one side despite sticking to the instructions and not being able to eat your christmas dinner are all enough for me to think .... :eek: why? I can eat as well as the next person. I wouldn't have it done just in time for Christmas though grantedly

I love my teeth had years of authodontistry and would never put them at any risk from erosion.

Is it because it pushes the limits and it gets attention when people catch sight of it ,because its not obvious all the time..now no arguments please just tell me your points of view.I don't suppose anyone just woke up one morning and said 'ooh i think i'll get my tongue pierced just for the heck of it' so why did you or why are you and with all the possible risks that may be involved.

:hug:

I'm so jealous! This thread really wants me to get some metal in me again. I used to have a nipple piercing but it grew out - i think i may have to get it redone again. But maybe this time both.

What I would really like is a Prince Albert ... but my BF doesn't like them so won't have it done.

YouTube - Tongue Piercing

i love my tongue piercing. You cant really tell i have it done, but its one of those piercings that you dont neccesarily have done for how it looks!! I have other piercings you cant see too! lol. My bf has had his tongue pierced for about 6 years, i had mine about 3 i think. sometimes we take them out if we fancy something a bit different lol. ...Im trying to explain without going into too much detail lol.:smack:

its just under 3 weeks til christmas so Im hoping I should be ok with my eating by then at least, trust me il be having me roast dinner one way or the other!!!!! :lol:

Even if I had to sit there for ages cutting it into little tiny pieces so I hardly have to chew, I'l do it.:)

Not long to go, gettin butterflies, hope i dont chicken out haha

ive watched loads of videos on youtube like that, which made me feel better. It looks so quick and no where near as bad as i thought!!

The girl I know I couldnt tell she had her tongue pierced for ages, you hardly see it. I like that.

its just under 3 weeks til christmas so Im hoping I should be ok with my eating by then at least, trust me il be having me roast dinner one way or the other!!!!! :lol:

Even if I had to sit there for ages cutting it into little tiny pieces so I hardly have to chew, I'l do it.:)

Not long to go, gettin butterflies, hope i dont chicken out haha

lmao
look after your new baby lots, & chrimbo dinner will be no problem AT ALL!!
Hurrah!

ps: dont forget to update us :)

lmao
look after your new baby lots, & chrimbo dinner will be no problem AT ALL!!
Hurrah!

ps: dont forget to update us :)

It will have my undivided attention :lol: You should have seen me when I got my belly done. It was treated like the queen an was sprayed twice daily with antiseptic spray and kept clean at all times haha

Il defo keep you posted, just under an hr to go. Be back on later tonight probably :eek:

It was treated like the queen an was sprayed twice daily with antiseptic spray and kept clean at all times haha

watch what ur spray in in your mouth!! lol.
warm salt water is the best thing!! swill it round your mouth after every meal, it reduces swelling too.

watch what ur spray in in your mouth!! lol.
warm salt water is the best thing!! swill it round your mouth after every meal, it reduces swelling too.

agreed! juust dont swallow (gag) :)

*wanting a new piercing/tat really badly, now*

We should start a group Apex!

I got it done! was so quick!!! he put a 20mm bar in, it feels massive. I can talk fine really. no lisp, its startin to swell a bit now and get achey. been taking me tablets, having ice cold drinks and guna try some ice now. il have to crush it 1st tho I recon.
Feels mad having it!!
Gettin it done was no where near as bad as i thought. the clamp defo hurt more, even though it wernet bad pain really.
Feel proud of meself for bein brave haha lets see how the next couple of days goes. They have a supply of mouthwash so bought some of that and got two big bottles of dentyl out the shop. cant wait to get my smaller bar in haha
Hes said to come back in 2 weeks but if the swelling has gone down by the end of the first week cudnt i go back then?
x

We should start a group Apex!
Sounds fun, but I'm so lazy :)
Do you fancy getting one started, I promise to visit every day & lend a hand xx

Hes said to come back in 2 weeks but if the swelling has gone down by the end of the first week cudnt i go back then?
x
Yeyyy,well done you :hug: !!

As for your bar: tbh if you change the bar early, you will
a: probably need to buy another smaller bar like a week later, &
b: possibly irritate it, making the swelling take longer to calm down.
If the long bar is'nt causing you probs, its best to wait.
Best to just baby it, & wait.

Welcome to the clu-uuuub! x

x

just be careful as changing too soon can hinder the healing process.

well done for being brave!! ;)

just be careful as changing too soon can hinder the healing process.

well done for being brave!! ;)

I originally had mine done about 10 years ago. I had to take it out last November for a visit to hospital and then had it repierced when I got out. I changed mine that afternoon. I couldn't handle the long bar being in. It made my tongue ache because of holding it awkardly in my mouth because of the length.

The first time I had it done, I went home and ate fish and chips for lunch and then had dinner that night. I've never had any problems with swelling or eating.

I carry a heap of bars and balls with me at all times just in case something happens to any of my pierceings.

Don't change your bar too early, don't forget what I said, my tongue the swelling went down, then it swelled up again. Best do exactly as you were told, that guy/girl spent x amount of money and time training in their field, same as you in yours. They know best.

BTW, I'm really annoyed with this thread, I so want my tongue pierced again!:green: I did really like mine, wish I hadn't had to take it out. I can't have it while I'm at college, but maybe I'll treat myself after I qualify. My BF don't like 'em, but might change his mind once it's been done for a while IYKWIM:smack:

OH, BTW I was just reading a site on advice for tongue pierceings, it says to stay away from ice cream, as the dairy can introduce bacteria that can cause infection. It says to eat ice pops instead. Any views on that? It does sound logical about the dairy thing.

Yup I was told not to eat icecream intially, just crushed ice. I also was warned which mouth washes to avoid. I had to buy a different one as my regular one was the wrong type. I have to say when I changed my bar to a shorter one the relief was immediate as I think part of my problem was the angle the long one was at a lot of the time.

I feel like I could go shorter still, my bar is only 12mm now but still have loads of space. Not sure what the ideal is.

Well done though!! :hug:

From what I remember when I had mine done, there comes a time where it just becomes impossible to keep the 20mm bar in your mouth any longer because your tongue has settled back to its normal size and it's naturally time to change the bar. If in doubt pop back in to see them and they'll advise you but I changed mine after a week. You'll feel on top of the world when you get your smaller bar! Though I do agree with previous comments about switching bars too soon as you may need to go smaller again. After my 20mm I went down to a 14mm but gradually went down to a 10mm and then a 8mm but that's all personal preference.

Latest posts

Back