Girlfriend buffer / glossing buffer questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Emmsybabes~

Reaction score
Hello peeps...
I have a question

I know one of these is a NO NO with oil.. Is it the girlfriend or the glossing block ? or is it scrubfresh ??? I know there is some rule to it :confused:
Does one ruin the material or something ?? arrrrghhhh I can't remember :grr:
Which is where all you lovely people come into it :green:

I have tried to remember and have done a little search, but I cant find the answer I am looking for (and I know I will get distracted on other threads and don't want to because I need to go practice more nails lol)

I just use the glossing buffer on its own.

HTH

Yes but isnt it that with the glossing buffer, you buff in solar oil with the 2400 side of the koala, then lightly remove excess solar oil with a little scrubfresh on a lint free pad,
then bring to a high shine with the glossing block....

So is it exactly the same with the girlfriend too ???

Emms I'm not sure hun, but the grey side of the girlfriend is the same material as the side of the koala that you use with oil. Hopefully someone will put us right.

I know that the glossing buffer is a definite no-no for oil.:)

I've just finished the 3rd day of the foundation so I may be able to offer my wisdom :green: We applied the solar oil and buffed with the 1200 side of the koala..then removed all traces of the oil and finished with the glossing buffer board. What a shine that gives...its brilliant! :hug:

Em neither the GF or the GB like Solar oil.

However if you get traces of Solar Oil on the grey side of the GF you can give it a quick swipe with Scrubfresh to 'refresh' it.

The GB really really doesn't like solar oil though and you will ruin it if used with solar oil xxx

Last edited:

However if you get traces of Solar Oil on the grey side of the GF you can give it a quick swipe with solar oil to 'refresh' it.

The GB really really doesn't like solar oil though and you will ruin it if used with solar oil xxx
HOOOOOORAAAHHH

I knew I Wasn't making it up lmao..

Thankyou EVERYBODY :hug:

(Do you mean scrubfresh lol

Refresh the Girlfriend with Scrubfresh! I find my last a while, the Glossing block doesnt last so long but is amazing anyway!
xxxx:hug:

However if you get traces of Solar Oil on the grey side of the GF you can give it a quick swipe with solar oil to 'refresh' it.

HOOOOOORAAAHHH

I knew I Wasn't making it up lmao..

Thankyou EVERYBODY :hug:

(Do you mean scrubfresh lol

Yes :lol: wiping it with solar oil wouldn't really help now would it PMSL!

well solor oil totally ruined my glossing block!!.......and i spilt scrubfresh in my bucket bag and it (not sure of the right word) but it sort of melted /stuck aload of white blocks to the bottom of it....all ruined. So i dont know whether either of them are any good for your buffers. Not heard the bit about the girlfriend and solor oil before....

on the long grey side of the girlfriend buffer, as has been mentioned before, you can give it a quick swipe with some scrub fresh, but dont use scrubfresh or solar oil on the glossing buffer.

Emms I'm not sure hun, but the grey side of the girlfriend is the same material as the side of the koala that you use with oil. Hopefully someone will put us right.

I know that the glossing buffer is a definite no-no for oil.:)

Actually the Koala 1200 grit grey side has a protective coating on it and that is why it can be used to buff in the oil, the only other one that has that is the 1200 side of the Boomerang board.
The grey side of the Girfriend does not have this and is in fact a much finer grit, 12000 if my memory serves me right!:eek:

As Hope and others have said the Girfriend, like all buffers actually,does not like oil, but can get a new lease of life with a wipe of Scrubfresh.

Last edited:
Not to doubt you izzi, but I have always used the 1200 side of the Koala to buff in the Solar Oil. Is this wrong?

Actually the Koala 240 grit grey side has a protective coating on it and that is why it can be used to buff in the oil, the only other one that has that is the 240 side of the Boomerang board.
The grey side of the Girfriend does not have this and is in fact a much finer grit, 12000 if my memory serves me right!:eek:

As Hope and others have said the Girfriend, like all buffers actually,does not like oil, but can get a new lease of life with a wipe of Scrubfresh.

I stand corrected :lol:, thanks for that, I did say to Emms that I wasn't sure.

Not to doubt you izzi, but I have always used the 1200 side of the Koala to buff in the Solar Oil. Is this wrong?
You're right Sheryl, it's the 1200 side of the Koala to buff in Solar Oil :green:

I stand corrected too:o but you knew what I meant lol....I think we all were a bit sleepy this morning :lol:
Glad you didn't quote me and I could edit myself better mate!!!!

I am more confused now than I was to begin with lmao...
Its not hard to get me confused though...it all becomes clear in the end :green:

Thankyou everyone :hug:

I am more confused now than I was to begin with lmao...
Its not hard to get me confused though...it all becomes clear in the end :green:

Thankyou everyone :hug:

Lol the long and short of it is,ONLY the Koala likes Solar oil :green:

Lol the long and short of it is,ONLY the Koala likes Solar oil :green:

Now I've got a mental image of a cute little Koala bear swigging a bottle of solar oil! Haha! :lol:

Latest posts

Back