Glammy Geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Just got 2 seconds after catching up from my quick trip down to London earlier this week where I got to hook up with Marian Newman for the star studded Glamour Magazine (the Glammies) at Barclay Square Tuesday night.

The day was spent prepping up some of the honorees with Marian Newman making sure Desperate Housewives star Terri Hatcher's fingers and toes compliment her fantastic frock whilst yours truly wormed his way through the hair dressers and make up artists to make sure Sex and the City's Kim Cattrall was similarly seen to.

Afterward were the awards hosted by Jonathan Ross (Woss) with highlights being Usher getting Man o the year, Terri Hatcher landing Woman of the Year and Kim scoring Theatre Actress of the year.

Other winners included JK Rowling, Rachel Stevens and Tamara Mellon from Jimmy Choo.

After the awards - the champagne was popped, music was turned up to max (literally) and everyone let their hair down to have a good time until the clock stuck 12 and everyone started stumpling out to try and catch their limo before it turned into a pumpkin.

The day was great but the party at night even better. Big thanks to Marian for dragging me down from Leeds and making me get whats left of my hair down for a truly fab and memorable night.

Wow, how fantastic - I have just read about the award winners in the new Glamour. I'd love to go the the awards, lucky you Sam.

how exciting,you are so lucky. meeting stars, drinking champers.:cool:

You lucky sod!

Excellent, How exciting!

Sounds like you all had a busy , but fabulous time?

Hob nobbing with the some of the rich and famous eh! must have been a great buzz, i bet you where exhausted when you got home, catches up on you doesn't it? (Partying through till the early hours offen does) lol

I am pleased you had such a fab time with Marian and company, can't wait to read all about it?

luv 'n' hugs
xxxxxxxx

sam, it makes a change for you to be rubbing shoulders with the glam people in stead of samantha!
i'm glad you got the chance to go, mind you you have had a taste before in the US, backstage at the grammies.
glad you had a groovy time

The Nail Geek said:
.... whilst yours truly wormed his way through the hair dressers and make up artists to make sure Sex and the City's Kim Cattrall was similarly seen to.
OOOh, err, Sam!!! :eek:
Sounds like you had a fantabulous evening, you big name dropper you :wink2:
Really though, it sounds like it was a super event ... great to hear you njoyed!

How funky!! I read who the winners are in this months Glamour...did you meet Gwen Steffani?!?! Lol!

Sounds like yah had a freakin' brilliant time!! I'll keep an eye out for the nails in the photos in next month's issue!

xx

I have never bought Glamour magazine before but will certainly be buying next month's. Their sales will go through the roof - not because of all the stars featuring in them but because all us geeks will be buying a copy to see the fab nails/work that you and Marian produced. It sounds a fantastic event!

There was a possibility that Ms Cattral wanted a 'Custom Blend' so....who better??? And GMG did do a pedicure on her at the Grammies :cool:

I was hoping Mrs Geek could make it (cos she does love a 'red carpet' ride ;)) but I mamnaged to 'walk the walk' with my partner Sam McKnight (running over Laura Bailey's toes with my kit on the way :o )

I do have to say Geeks that GMG was a perfect 'arm candy'! Several of the girlies that I knew whispered "Well Miss Newman, just who is THAT???)

Great 'do' and I managed to drag GMG away before he got caught up in the 'celebrities falling into cars' period in Berkeley Sq (he wanted to watch but it really is not 'a good look'!!!!)

Thanks Sam. 'Good job' :cool:

wow....bet it was great....come on spill....are these celebs as nice as they seem on tv or are some of them propper diva's....? who was your fav.....? and who wasn't....? do you ever find yourself star struck...? do you take it in your stride....? so many questions i know but i love all this kind of thing....xxxx

mum said:
but I mamnaged to 'walk the walk' with my partner Sam McKnight (running over Laura Bailey's toes with my kit on the way :o )

Sorry Marian but I couldn't help laughing at this - kind of brings the whole thing back down to earth, we are only human at the end of the day!!! :lol:

Sounds like you had a fabulous time. Did you meet any of the Glamour team? I used to work with Rebecca, she's one of the beauty writers & is really sweet.

mum said:
There was a possibility that Ms Cattral wanted a 'Custom Blend' so....who better??? And GMG did do a pedicure on her at the Grammies :cool:

Sam and Roxanne V eh, some people get all the good techs workin for em....
Kim is far too lucky...

mum said:

I was hoping Mrs Geek could make it (cos she does love a 'red carpet' ride ;)) but I mamnaged to 'walk the walk' with my partner Sam McKnight (running over Laura Bailey's toes with my kit on the way :o )

I do have to say Geeks that GMG was a perfect 'arm candy'! Several of the girlies that I knew whispered "Well Miss Newman, just who is THAT???)

Great 'do' and I managed to drag GMG away before he got caught up in the 'celebrities falling into cars' period in Berkeley Sq (he wanted to watch but it really is not 'a good look'!!!!)

Thanks Sam. 'Good job' :cool:
Marian you are funny - I think he loved the 'arm candy' comment!! Those jeans he had on were too cool!! He had a fab night with you - thank you for looking after him bless ya xxxxx

Oh wow!!!! :) What an evening!! I envy you guys for going, glad to hear you had a fab time!!!!

xxxx

I envy you :mad: Can't you take one off us with you next time you're going:Grope:
pick me,pick me......

Thanks Geeks for all your posts! There are some bonuses to my job (after all, travelling is not glamourous and celebs are just people!!!)

Have just spent 3 interesting, if tedious, days on a commercial and ALL the gossip mags are always circulating as the 'world news' of the day. In Star (????) mag which is like Heat or something (celeb pics and not a lot of words) there was an incident that I recognised. I think it was Cat Deeley and Tamsin Outhwaite (or Denise van Outen or one of them!) hugging. Me and GNG were just behind them and I said, "Quick, move, there's a camera!!!"

Obviously not quick enough cos there is a bit of my face and GMG's shoulder!!! OMG! Caught on camera when I try so hard to avoid them :lol:

NailGlitz said:
I Hate Nails

???? why ???? i dont get it ....

xxxxx

Latest posts

Back