Glitter addicts are us

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Acrylic glitters.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my god I'm a glitter addict - I literally come home and find it all over me. Ever since christmas, the number of requests for glitter tips and gel has remained really high.

Hi I'm still training with gelish at the mo, but last night i dug out a load of craft glitter that i had lyiung around.

I tried to do some glitter on my pop sticks but i had problems can anyone help.

I did colour (neutral colour as my colour selection is tiny at the mo)
cure for 2 mins
then patted glitter onto the sticky inhibition layer but when i went to add the top it off i tried not to drag the brush but just float it over the glitter but some of the glitter moved a little and some ended up on my brush.
Then last step cure for 2 and wipe.

I dont want to contaminate my top it off brush with glitter, so what do you ladies do? Do you pour a little top it off into a dish and use a separate brush or is there a way of using your topio brush and not contaminating it?

also do you always use a colour in the same shade as the glitter or can you do foundation, glitter then top it off? if so wouldn't you need 2 layers of glitter to make it more opaque.

Also are these nails called Rockstars or is that term only used for glittery toes?

xxx

Im presuming you did your base coat aswel? So its base coat, cure, colour, cure, then i press glitter into the tacky layer of colour until its all covered, then use a soft fan brush to remove any loose glitter and from the cuticle area and fingers then top coat and cure (x2 if required). You may get 1 or 2 elements of glitter onto ur brush but i wipe this off on the couch roll/lint free pad. HTH :)

Im presuming you did your base coat aswel? So its base coat, cure, colour, cure, then i press glitter into the tacky layer of colour until its all covered, then use a soft fan brush to remove any loose glitter and from the cuticle area and fingers then top coat and cure (x2 if required). You may get 1 or 2 elements of glitter onto ur brush but i wipe this off on the couch roll/lint free pad. HTH :)

I would do a base coat but as it was a pop stick i didn't bother, thanks for the steps.

I have a spare topcoat that i use for glitter nails only.

This is my collection of glitters made up of Irresistibles and CND. I much prefer the consistency of the Irresistables as they are much finer so completely cover the surface.

picture.php

This is my collection of glitters made up of Irresistibles and CND. I much prefer the consistency of the Irresistables as they are much finer so completely cover the surface.

picture.php

Hi can you PM me the price and size of the Irresistible glitters (I cant get an account with CND yet as I haven't got my certificate yet, gotta wait 6 weeks :sad: )

I did these on my mom tonight! Took two hours but I'm in love with them!! :Love:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363478940.841019.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363478940.841019.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 450
Wow, double amazeballs!

Wow! Now that's impressive!x

Individually placed hex glitters! It took an hour each hand, I had to have a food break in between haha! xo

Wow! Well done. I have a food break inbetween doing my own too ;) xx

My new glitters!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363530890.498611.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363530890.498611.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 306
Mine today

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363594790.439053.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363594790.439053.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 273

Latest posts