Glitter fade tutorial

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoticeableNails

Glitter Geek!
Reaction score
Hi Geeks!

I spent my quiet day having a play around and I thought I'd have a go at making a video tutorial. I got the inspiration from Layla and her recent fab tutorials.
So I got my cam & mini tripod out and had some fun.
YouTube - 2 Colour Glitter Fade & Encapsulated Flowers

Last edited:
i think its great jo - well done

That was brill! I would'nt be able to do the nail or the video. Well done, can't wait for the next one

excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep em coming!

I think i shall have a play this afternoon

Hi, Its a really cool vid cant wait to have a go. can I just ask do you put the clear on after the whole nail is done or do you put the clear on after the glitter and then do the flower and then more clear or am I just being thick.

Thanks Jo, just bought some glitter too ... going to have a play later :D

Excellent - Well done xxxxx

loualarta said:
Hi, Its a really cool vid cant wait to have a go. can I just ask do you put the clear on after the whole nail is done or do you put the clear on after the glitter and then do the flower and then more clear or am I just being thick.

You're not being thick! Most glitters need capping in clear to save the colour and sparkle of the glitter.
For this design I have laid the glitter down, added the 3D flower then capped in clear.
This way you get the effect of 3D flowers but with a smooth finish (not everyone likes the feel of 3D on their nails!)
You can do it the other way round,, where you cap the glitter then add the 3d flowers.
HTH
Thanks for the lovely comments guys
:o

:lol: thanks thats a great help. if you feel like doing anymore vids im sure they will be greatly appreciated!!

wow great thank you so much! cant wait to have a go!

That's great, thanks !

Being able to see how things are done, makes it sooo much easier to understand.

The only thing is that the video was slightly out of focus making the flowers hard to see.

River

NoticeableNails said:
Hi Geeks!

I spent my quiet day having a play around and I thought I'd have a go at making a video tutorial. I got the inspiration from Layla and her recent fab tutorials.
So I got my cam & mini tripod out and had some fun.
Then I got a headach piecing it all together in the video editing package.
I just wanna know if it was worth all the effort?!:rolleyes:

Here is the link;
Click here:Look_righ "Glitter Fade Tutorial"

What do you think?
Any suggestions?

Thanks
That was fantastic I really loved it, carry on and do more!!!!

That was great, really enjoyed it, can we have another please

Great thank you so much just what I needed as I have been reading alot about glitter recently and I am one of these people that like to see how things are done. Well Done

P.S Please do one about smile lines they drive me mad. lol

bolo30 said:
Great thank you so much just what I needed as I have been reading alot about glitter recently and I am one of these people that like to see how things are done. Well Done

P.S Please do one about smile lines they drive me mad. lol
yes a Pink and white one would be great!!! I love to watch acrylic nails being done!! I think thats what got me interested!!

Thank you! Will have a go soon. XX

River said:
The only thing is that the video was slightly out of focus making the flowers hard to see.River

I know! sorry about that!:rolleyes:
I really struggled as I was on my own whilst recording it. It was really hard to concentrate on the application and checking I was in frame and also in focus.
I think if I was to do another one then I would probably get someone to hold the cam.

Glad you're all loving it!
:Love:

Whoo hoo...you go girl!!! Fab job looks like hard work but very impressed. Must admit I'm a bit jealous cause I have just learned how to upload pics into a photo album....lol...:green:

Latest posts

Back