Glitter Sculpt

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UKRed

Reaction score
Wow, beautiful! I know a lot of people who would like that design on their nails. Very nicely executed!

Sorry, did tick the box to "save" my ratings!

Can't comment professionally as I don't do enhancements but they are so pretty!:hug:

I always love a glitter nail, must be the bling girl inside me!
Lovely colours.
Now for the critique bit.....

Zone 3 needs to be more refined, making the product disappear, as I could see the 'ledge' on a couple of nails.
Smiles could be more smiley and slightly higher up so as to cover the natural nail smile.
The pinky nail in the 2nd pic looked a little 'hippy' at the Z 1/2 area.
Sidewalls were not parallel.

To change these I would...
Zone 3 - apply your bead slightly lower into zone 2 and push up to the cuticle line and pull back down to create a softer graduation iykwim.
Smiles - Bring your smiles ears up more at the side, place the bead into the middle and push up to each side wall, then go back in with a wiped brush and tuck the smile into place. Think about custom blending to elongate the nail bed if needed.
Pinky - having placed the bead into the centre and push the smile up into the side wall ear, then bring your brush to the side an sweep it down to push it back in/on to the nail, reducing the width at the smile.
Sidewalls - Use you file on finishing straight up and down each side wall - look at the whole finger and try to keep it parallel to the opposite sidewall.

It's not as easy as it sounds, as with glitters, like me, I guess you are scared of filing into the the glitter turning it silver!

All in all , they are not bad,, but the sidewalls are uneven on each nail, which does not make them all look the same.

Thanks everyone, I am trying my best to get my apex and smiles better, the side walls are a bit rubbish because I can't file very well on my own nails, but thank you so much for your advise Bev! I will take it on board and try to improve xxxx :hug:

Thanks everyone, I am trying my best to get my apex and smiles better, the side walls are a bit rubbish because I can't file very well on my own nails, but thank you so much for your advise Bev! I will take it on board and try to improve xxxx :hug:

You are very welcome hun, that's what putting your work up for critique is all about, learning & making it better if it can be done.
Good on yer - looking forward to seeing the next lot.
xxxxx

I am so bad with enhancements, I had to 'infill' them tonight because they lifted a bit so I kinda helped them off lol (only the clear!) :irked:

Bev: How do I make the apex better without making the enhancement look too thick or uneven?

I am so bad with enhancements, I had to 'infill' them tonight because they lifted a bit so I kinda helped them off lol (only the clear!) :irked:

Bev: How do I make the apex better without making the enhancement look too thick or uneven?

You need to 'see' the nail, see what it needs to look like, before you've applied product - this sounds very much like 'The Event' but that's how I try to work - and as Roxanne Valanoti says, the apex should be 1/2 way down the nail - as from the free edge to the cuticle - look at the nail from all angles & decide in your head where it should be.
Then, consider the angle of your brush - when applying into zone 1, it needs to be angled at approx 45 degrees with the brush handle coming downwards, zone 2 should have the brush kind of straight on, flattish to the nail & zone 3 would have your brush angled again 45 degree ish with brush handle upwards. Working this way helps you to work with the shape of the c curve of the nail, and help place the apex in the right place.
Check out Gigi (geeg's) tutorial on here about brush angles - it's well worth a read.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for being so patient with me Bev, looking at my pic have I got ANY of the apex right on any finger? :o I feel so stupid asking these questions as I actually passed my exam

Thanks for being so patient with me Bev, looking at my pic have I got ANY of the apex right on any finger? :o I feel so stupid asking these questions as I actually passed my exam

Could you get another piccie with a side shot to show the apex? Otherwise it's a bit hard to judge. I think the only apex I could see was on one thumb which looks a little flat but it's very hard to judge from the piccie.

Love the colour combination btw :hug:

Without looking at it from the side, it's difficultto say with the pics you've put up.
The apex does not have to be like a mountain in the middle of the nail though!
Just a gentle graduation.

Latest posts

Back