Glitters and Nfu.Oh Glitters?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen Minx

Reaction score
Are the Nfu.Oh Glitters powders premixed already for you? Im confussed, i've been looking at their selection of coloured powders and they have cases of a dozen or so tubs and some look like glitter.

Im tired of my craft glitter and i have a dozen or so of 'DIY' pre mixed pots mixed half full with CND clear acrylic powder and im thinking what a waste of good powder! Some don't even get touched.

So whats your best glitter method of mixing and storing without getting bored quickly and without such waste. Nfu.Oh packs seem really pricey, do they seem worth it and do they go a long way?

NFU.oh glitter kits are pre-mixed and they last for ages!!! You only need a tiny amount to get a lovely result.

They are stunning too, i've never managed to mix anything as beautiful as their pre-mixed stuff...... although that could just be my glitter mixing skills!! :green:

You could always try a single bigger pot of a colour you like and trying it our before you commit to a more expensive kit? xxxx

Are the Nfu.Oh Glitters powders premixed already for you? Im confussed, i've been looking at their selection of coloured powders and they have cases of a dozen or so tubs and some look like glitter.

Im tired of my craft glitter and i have a dozen or so of 'DIY' pre mixed pots mixed half full with CND clear acrylic powder and im thinking what a waste of good powder! Some don't even get touched.

So whats your best glitter method of mixing and storing without getting bored quickly and without such waste. Nfu.Oh packs seem really pricey, do they seem worth it and do they go a long way?

I,m interested in this Karen. Why is it that you are tired of your craft glitters?

We are just about to stock a professional range of glitters as we are being asked almost daily for them to put with shellac and acrylic powders.
It seems that loose glitters are more popular so that you can mix the required amount as and when needed. Or to sprinkle into the shellac for rockstar toes etc.

I believe to mix with your pure sheer pink powders give a more definite sharper glitter finish.

Some posts from glitter users would be great.

I,m interested in this Karen. Why is it that you are tired of your craft glitters? Becuause mine don't look as good has the geeks pics on here and everyone seems to use Nfu.Oh. :)

We are just about to stock a professional range of glitters as we are being asked almost daily for them to put with shellac and acrylic powders.
It seems that loose glitters are more popular so that you can mix the required amount as and when needed. Or to sprinkle into the shellac for rockstar toes etc. Who CND?! Im gonna explode with excitment! lol

I believe to mix with your pure sheer pink powders give a more definite sharper glitter finish. I have done this before when trying to skimp on my clear but i have only done it with red and pink glitter thinking the sheer pink would be too warm for cool tones. Does this work with cool tones?

Some posts from glitter users would be great.

Thanks for your help xx

The NFU.OH pre mixed glitters are amazing, like miss Owen said that effect is just hard to get by DIY mixing, they have a huge range of pre mixed the powders there in are everything from transparent neon colors right through to the pinks and beige's of coverage foundation powders.

NFU.OH do have loose glitters that are NOT mixed in all sorts of shapes , sizes , colour there are even hologram , opalescent , irradecent, metallic they just have soooo many to pick from it makes it easy, they don't run, they don't silver when filed on they don't seem to fade or dull over time some of mine are 2 + years old and are still as bling as ever.
I use there loose glitters with shellac .

NFU.oh glitter kits are pre-mixed and they last for ages!!! You only need a tiny amount to get a lovely result.

They are stunning too, i've never managed to mix anything as beautiful as their pre-mixed stuff...... although that could just be my glitter mixing skills!! :green:

You could always try a single bigger pot of a colour you like and trying it our before you commit to a more expensive kit? xxxx
Thanks lauren i think i will do. :)

The NFU.OH pre mixed glitters are amazing, like miss Owen said that effect is just hard to get by DIY mixing, they have a huge range of pre mixed the powders there in are everything from transparent neon colors right through to the pinks and beige's of coverage foundation powders.

NFU.OH do have loose glitters that are NOT mixed in all sorts of shapes , sizes , colour there are even hologram , opalescent , irradecent, metallic they just have soooo many to pick from it makes it easy, they don't run, they don't silver when filed on they don't seem to fade or dull over time some of mine are 2 + years old and are still as bling as ever.
I use there loose glitters with shellac .
Thanks Mizzy-dizzy. I would need to use thier system too if they are pre mixed?
I wouldn't use any other system but CND for my clients, they wouldn't let me change! lol But i want to get in another system for competion nails. Not that im anyway near comp level, i mean is just to play with and learn the art of 3-d work.

Cream puff Shellac and Milk candy NFU.OH glitter
mizzy_dizzy-albums-shellac-picture28270-shellac-milkcandy-i-going-add-some-stripes-define-glitters-diagonal-but-left-can-add-later-if-i-get-bored-liking-now-though.jpg

mizzy_dizzy-albums-shellac-picture32772-shellacart.jpg

fads and touch of 3D with Pre mixed NFU.OH
mizzy_dizzy-albums-nail+art+2-picture28567-a.jpg

mizzy_dizzy-albums-nail+art+2-picture30750-lol-just-noticed-wet-paint-lol.jpg

have you tried the Nail Graphix glitters. i know you can add your acrylic powder into them. i use them with gel
check out the nail graphix social group!:green:

I'd say a word of caution when using NFU....

They're seriously addictive and bad for your wealth! :lol:

Not yet tried NfuOh glitters but EZFlow are worth having a look at too.

I also have a load of NSI coloured glitters but the colours tend to run a little (iykwim?)

:)

Cream puff Shellac and Milk candy NFU.OH glitter
mizzy_dizzy-albums-shellac-picture28270-shellac-milkcandy-i-going-add-some-stripes-define-glitters-diagonal-but-left-can-add-later-if-i-get-bored-liking-now-though.jpg

mizzy_dizzy-albums-shellac-picture32772-shellacart.jpg

fads and touch of 3D with Pre mixed NFU.OH
mizzy_dizzy-albums-nail+art+2-picture28567-a.jpg

mizzy_dizzy-albums-nail+art+2-picture30750-lol-just-noticed-wet-paint-lol.jpg
Lovely work mizzy dizzy. I spent hours looking at these on monday afternoon. I have your website saved to my favorites for quick reference lol. Im not stalking you, i just like to admire your work now and again. :green:

sorry girls just to gatecrash!!

but are the nail grafix glitter pre mixed or just loose glitter you mix yourself?

ive done DIY craft glitter mixing with ok results but not as good as the NFU.oh glitz!
i think the key is u need super fine glitter and the craft stuff is just not up to scratch!
Thanks xx :)

but are the nail grafix glitter pre mixed or just loose glitter you mix yourself?

ive done DIY craft glitter mixing with ok results but not as good as the NFU.oh glitz!
i think the key is u need super fine glitter and the craft stuff is just not up to scratch!

It's loose but it comes in a big enough pot to add your acrylic powder to it!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek ..... Oh yeah!! Lovin the app!!

i second that..Give Ezflow a go! they have so many different collections and the pots can be bought seperately I love them. I only have 3 pots though but i've used them elsewhere.

When i've moved (if i move) going to buy some :D

Nail Graphix allow you to use your own brand of powder so no need to worry about mixing and changing monomer.

I have tried multiple brand of glitter including self mix. NFU Oh glitter is quite special , if you look carefully at the shine of the glitter it may have gold or purple or green irredescent to the light apart for the color of the glitter itself. It is a little to get a nice combination of mixing to get the three dimensional look and the correct shine(irredescent) that you want. This include choosing th variety of Nfu to be used together.

If you look into some of Youngnail video then you will see some sample that you may need from 3-5 glitter of very small size to larger size to get a nice look ( not a one or two glitter same size mix)

I think the Young Nail new acrylic glitter mix (don't remember the name) look so great for dark color.

Getting readymix glitter may not only be glitter and clear, sometime you have to addd color acrylic and still get trnsparnet look which is difficult, if you use color drop the consistency is not there.

Just short for NFU you need to look at the real color looking in the web is not similar to real color, you can't see the shine effect on the light and color combination . unless you have a picture and you send to the sales to let them tell you what color that is.

Nfu come in glitter alone and glitter mix with acrylic , same exact glitter number.

Lovely work mizzy dizzy. I spent hours looking at these on monday afternoon. I have your website saved to my favorites for quick reference lol. Im not stalking you, i just like to admire your work now and again. :green:

Awww thanks hun :)
All my salon boxes wear delivered here from England yesterday :) so I'll be able to do loads more soon ! , I've missed all sooo much :)

Awww thanks hun :)
All my salon boxes wear delivered here from England yesterday :) so I'll be able to do loads more soon ! , I've missed all sooo much :)
I did wonder why your treatment list has got smaller then i read you moved to germany. Does that mean if my hubby gets posted to germany i won't beable to take my nail stuff with me? :eek:

Sorry its gone off topic!
Now back to talking about glitters. :)

No Hun you can bringing it :) alot of it is hard to get here so bring it all.
I brought my shellac , Gelish , Minx and DD with me in the car , I sent everything else with the house movers it all came yesterday! "1 and a half months later lol"
So I will now be able to add the full treatment list, if u look on my site the adress on the list you see on the menu says tempery ,
Look down the menu at site map click that it shows my full list :) I've just revised it all updated some treatments and put it in $ € & £ ! lol

Latest posts

Back