GMTV and DIY nail art!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good for you geeg! :)

oh and thanks for the tips on the lace manicure any links to pictures of your work mum?

Marians agent is Streeters in London.

glad i know her name now, i felt a little odd calling her mum :lol:

marian your work is beautiful and so inspiring... im a little jealous but trying not to turn green lol

Last edited:
Thanks Geeks. Any time. :)

Brilliant..!! What a constructive post Marian.

Thank you for advising us how it is done and thank you for sharing your experience.

Thank you also for correcting me and I take back what I ignorantly said about the lace, I will indeed have a go when I get the time. If it is good enough for Lady Gaga, then it is good enough for me to try...!!

My half moon and free edge may not have turned out the way I had wanted it to, but I will keep trying until I am finally pleased with it. Maybe one day I will be able to do it just as well as your airbrushing? :lol::lol:

Does anyone else have any others ideas and experience to share...? Let's turn this thread back to something interesting and useful....?
the only way I could do the half moon free edge nice was cheating... so applying the nail lacquer, thiiiiin layer, and correcting/erasing/defining with a synthetic brush dipped in a bit of acetone free polish remover.

i have no picts as it was during a polish training a long time ago and my model had ugly nails.

Thank God Sam said no to letting them DIY minx.
What a shame the show didn't think to promote professionals and recommend as an alternative that people could also go to a salon / professional to have it done for them.

With the country in recession, maybe it would do good to promote & boost the economy and small businesses as well as the "don't spend any money, just do it all yourself" speeches I'm quite frankly sick of hearing right now!!

Thanks for starting the thread geeg. I missed the show but I'm glad I've seen this via links posted xx

or just shown a konad stamping kit as a DIY they are pretty handy

I see the Lace nails are on the front cover of Scratch this month, I think they look great, Not sure who has done them does anyone know?

It will say inside the cover who did the nails but I'm aways late to get my copy here in Spain so I can't tell you at the moment. ... and if you haven't got a copy Anna then you should subscribe.

We won't have an industry magazine if peeps don't subscribe to it.

It will say inside the cover who did the nails but I'm aways late to get my copy here in Spain so I can't tell you at the moment. ... and if you haven't got a copy Anna then you should subscribe.

We won't have an industry magazine if peeps don't subscribe to it.

Are you kidding! I couldn't think of anything worse than not being a scratch mag subscriber...I practically sit under the letter box waiting for it each month :lol:
Found it...Elle Gerstein

Oh dear ! How could she keep a straight face whilst presenting that!

Absolutely awful !:irked:

Latest posts

Back