GMTV and DIY nail art!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didnt see it this morning ...my T.V died :irked: :!:
but im going to check the links in a min,
As for the moon manicure I think that would look quite good in reverce just the lulina(SP) and free edge painted/covered ....i saw some one minxed just the free edge in silver lightning the other day it looked good.....i think i would like to see a reverce or normal moon manicure done with minx next! hummmm

(Dizzy wonders off to look for scraps of minx in the bin)

Just watched it through the link posted and Oh my word!!

The half moons were just stripes - no moon shape in sight! - and the lace nails :eek:!!!
I agree that the Louboutin nails done with a professional finish would look good but the DIY version was terrible!

That was terrible. My 4 year old son can paint nails better than that!!!
Here is the link I found to watch it on for all of you lucky enough not to have watched it!!!

This Morning | Nail art - ITV Lifestyle

HAPPY VIEWING!:lol:

Oh Dear !!!! That was awful .....

Can't watch it outside the UK...bummer!

Oh dear me, is it just me or did the models look embarrassed by just how pants their nails looked?? How can a 'beauty editor' put her name to all that? The Laboutin ones were passable from a distance but the others......:eek::eek:

Thank the lord that they didn't get their paws on Minx - small mercies and all that!!!

what made me laugh was when she said..."if your going to invest in this you need a little artists brush".....:lol:....how about just going to a salon professional

they all looked terrible and childlike application.

Halloween was mentioned alot, I think thats where they belong FRIGHTENING :lol:..xx

Yes, they looked absolutley awful - my dog Bob could've done better!

What on earth did the 'moons' (I use that word very loosley) look like:lol:
The lace one were horrible too, but if done using professional products by a professional would look good - like the louboutin nails - not the ones done on the programme, but done professionally.

Thank the lord Sam held his stance - and gave them the low down on Minx as a pro product!

However, look at this another way - if they are promoting nail art saying Nail Art is the next big trend in nails etc etc - it's going someway to promoting having something done to your nails - whether they make a pigs ear of them or not.
If they do mess up, which they will, it may make them look towards having their nails done professionally maybe?

OMG that was shockingly bad....if you cant do it properly just dont bother!!! i cant actually believe they put that on national tv!!!!

My mum pressed record when she saw this was on and oh my!!! I sat there opened mouthed....I've been doing nail art on my own nails since I was about 11 and never have they looked that bad!

I'm hoping this will mean more clients for me though if nail art is 'in' again!!!

Also I work part time as a bra fitter and it amazes me when they show on tv - even promoting the bras we sell they often don't fit the models correctly!

Yes I saw this, I only switched on when they had the lace on the nails, it looked awful!! Even ruth the presenter didn't seem too impressed!! I also saw the black with red underneath, absolutly terrible!!! Can't believe they put that on tv!!!!

I saw this and couldn't stop laughing. When she did the first nail with the two moons, I was waiting to see the finished product and it eventually dawned on me that the mess they had shown close up WAS the finished product pmsl.
I think that this could do the industry some good, as people watching at home thinking "I can do nails, how difficult can it be?", will see that far from producing beautiful nails, without the training, experience, and skill, they can also end up with nails that look like your 5 year old has just found your nail polish collection:lol:.
I can see viewers heading for the salon if they want their nails to look as good as the celebs did, certainly not grabbing the polish and thinking I can do that.

Yes I watched that this morning too....hilarious!! but also annoyed that they couldnt at least say one sentence along the lines of ...'' or you could have them done professionally and they would look alot better'' (they would look a lot better being a slight understatement there!!)
Girl one ''to hell with the moons...ill just blob a bit of purple in the middle...no one'll notice!''
Girl two ''The lace feels like cheese graters but I cant wait to stick some leopard print material to my nails, that'll look great...thanks for the idea..hmm wonder what else I can stick on with clear polish!''
Girl 3 ''To hell with the brush I think ill just pour the red down the back of my nails straight from the bottle!! Voila Louboutin would be so proud!''

I think it was great really actually because the point of it was to say that nail art is really fashionable right now (good good) and can we achieve these results at home by ourselves (non-pros obviously) and I think the whole nation would have concluded with a resounding NO! (good when shall I book you in then?) :lol:

Thankyou Sam for not letting them have their wicked way with Minx!

All I can say is I sure hope no-one comes in and asks for any of these.

They were awful if they were gonna do something like this on tv they should have prepared more and tested it all out and pre-cut the lace to make them look neater at least.

watching that clip gave me a good giggle.

now where did i put that fine nail art brush?

just watched the clip on the website

:| oh dear!! it was embaressing to watch, what a disastor

Lol....how on earth could those horrendeous examples be shown on TV....

What? I thought they were lovely!!! Just off to cut up a pair of lace curtains to glue on my fingers.....Hey!! Just thought, I could probably colour it in with a felt tip pen to make it a nice black instead of white....will let you know how wonderfully it works out...or maybe I'll get invited onto TV for a followup!!

I am a mixture of scared and yet excited to click on this link now...
Will I be watching through gaps in my fingers ? lol

I'll be back in a mo, off to watch x

I have watched... and yes my mouth is still wide open!
I actually do not know what to say, OMG I really don't..... that is soooooo not me lol

:grr: :grr: :grr:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back