GMTV and DIY nail art!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree - they were a horrible mess. Especially the first ones. The way I understood it though, was that they were asking if you could do it yourself at home. The first woman said that she couldn't really do her dominant hand very well.

It seems a shame that this wasn't picked up more as it could have been very beneficial for nail techs. It seemed like the presenter Ruth wanted to go down that road but was stopped by the beauty editor (sorry can't remember her name offhand).

Clever geeks could be using it to their advantage right now though with a well timed, well thought out and amusing marketing email.

:eek: :eek:Well after watching that I can't think of a better reason to pay a visit to a professional nail salon....I think she's done us a favour :green:
:hug:

OMG pathetic!! - have seen my 7 year old have a better attempt than this lot!

I've just woken up from a nap and I was having a dream about it. I was going to show the clip to my daughter, but couldn't put it on because I was laughing so hysterically!

Did they not do minx last month, im sure they did, ???

I think they did hun, but a tech applied it. :)

its a wonder they didnt just get a few old kids stickers and do their own version of that too:lol:

i'm still laughing. those white and purple ones omg:lol: how funny.

i really cant stop laughing, it beggars belief that it ever got on air !
:lol:

Nadine Baggott hang your head in shame!! I was not sure what to expect when I saw this but when I watched the link I was horrified!! She said it was cutting edge!!! Also did you notice how often she said "they would be good for halloween"? Shocking!

Well I can't really see how anyone could be inspired by the results shown, to even go to a salon to get their nails done professionally!!!

The finished results were so bad and so ugly that unless one had the vision of a professional nail technician and KNOW what a good result should look like they'd never know would they?

It's quite honestly the worst bit of TV drivel I've seen in a long time. If I were any of the presenters I'd be thoroughly embarrassed to say I had taken part in it and enthused over such an appalling mess and tried to convince an audience it looked good and was 'cutting edge'. The beauty editor has lost all credibility in my estimation.

Also did you notice how often she said "they would be good for halloween"? Shocking!

Yes I found that rather odd. Did you feel that the Halloween references smacked of desperation to validate the nails?

Well I have found one bit of good from the whole thing :)

I did a Minx (toes) party last night along with mini manicures and nail art and all the ladies were talking about the program and how bad it was:green:

They all came to the conclusion they were glad they had asked a professional to do their nails as they thought they would have made an even bigger mess!

None of this is new! Us 'olduns' have been doing it for years and years! I've got loads of pictures published of all of these designs from eons ago (but I think mine look a bit nicer!) Everything goes in cycles. It's time for this type of nail design again. And it really is! The diamontes and palm trees have gone but these designs are back in. I know because I was doing them last year. (it takes this long for everything to filter down) I've even given some interviews on how to do this type of design easily.

However, I think Nadine did the industry a bit of a favour! The hard to see images showed how it should look then a quick 'how to' at home. Anyone happy with the dreadful results won't be rushing to a salon any day soon! Those that could see the difference will be in the salon

No matter how many hints and tips NOTHING can beat a skilled professional doing this. It's so easy! If you can't apply an immaculate 'moon' manicure or a 'Laboutin' the get practising! Party season is coming up!!!

This program did me a big favour today, 2 young girls came into the salon asking if I could do them a proper moon manicure 'not the mess they saw on t.v.' (their words).If I'd battery in my phone I'd have taken pics
I did the manicures and off they went happy, 30 mins later the mums of these 2 girls phoned to book appointments...so 4 new clients out of a 'mess' :lol:.
Thank you Good morning :green:.

QED (takes me back to my college days)

It means:
Q.E.D. is an abbreviation of the Latin phrase quod erat demonstrandum, which literally means "which was to be demonstrated". The phrase is written in its abbreviated form at the end of a mathematical proof or philosophical argument to signify that the last statement deduced was the one to be demonstrated; the abbreviation thus signals the completion of the proof.

Perfect example of what has been said on this thread!

for those of you who haven't seen

This Morning | Nail art - ITV Lifestyle

...arghhhhhhh! awful!

what a shamble they've made of the Louboutin manicure and the lace looks just dreadful and tacky

They have got their half moons the wrong way round! they used a straight edge sticker oh my word! And the LB black/red looks like shes put her fingers in a blender, oh dear.

*kids dont try this at home* lol

This program did me a big favour today, 2 young girls came into the salon asking if I could do them a proper moon manicure 'not the mess they saw on t.v.' (their words).If I'd battery in my phone I'd have taken pics
I did the manicures and off they went happy, 30 mins later the mums of these 2 girls phoned to book appointments...so 4 new clients out of a 'mess' :lol:.
Thank you Good morning :green:.

aww cool! have you got any pics of hows your looks at all?

Makes me feel a whole lot better about my paintwork, crikey how bad were they, I had to watch it in silence as Im at my desk at work so was trying to lip read, the nails spoke volumes though, what a mess the lacy ones looked like the poor girl had all finger nails shut in a door:green:

Latest posts

Back