Got my 1st house viewing today! Bit scared!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lissy00

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Bit scared- am going to see a house later this afternoon. Probably won't be right anyway, but I've never had a house viewing yet and my stomach's all butterfly-ey!

What was your first house viewing like? What should I be asking? It's a really good price, so would be great to finally get on the property ladder (mortgage permitting of course!)

Just wanted to tell someone!xx

Good luck...you will know if it's for you straight away! Let us know your experience :hug:

I've actually put an offer in! AARGHH! I doubt very much it will be accepted, but I put it in yesterday (Friday) about 10 past 4. So obviously I didn't hear back, and now I have to wait all weekend and the suspense is gona kill me!

It's quite a complicated process with this house apparently because it's a repossession so it works differently for some reasons- I sure know how to pick em!

Me and my fiance bought our first house last year when I was 21. Because of the recession we never thought we'd be able to ever get our own house but we went to a mortgage advisor around this time last year and found that we could get a mortgage and still have abit of money left over at the end of the month. This is the second house we viewed but saw lots on the internet but when we saw this we knew we wanted it!

My house was a repossesion too and my advice to is you have to be quick with everything! Make sure you get all the information as quick as possible because repo sales work on a different time scale. Usual house sales can take a couple of months which gives you time to get all the papers,checks etc done in time but with a repo you get 3 weeks from when the offer is accepted. They can refuse sale if it takes longer than that which is scary! Also, even if you're offer is accepted the house stays on the market for viewings right up until you exchange contracts :/ it can also go in the paper and on the estate agents website asking if anyone can beat your offer. Its hard buying a repo as its not a person to person sale as you're buying it from a bank so theres no emotional aspect as they dont care they just want their money! We put in 4 offers in 2-3 weeks and it was killing me not knowing of they were going to accept or not!
Good luck with everything and let us know how you get on :) xx
Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

Had an offer accepted today!

AARGGHHHH! So excited and terrified all rolled into one!

Early days yet as with repossessions they publish how much you have offered and anyone can gazump you up until exchange of contracts!

So really hoping (and praying) that it will work out for me and that I do actually get it. Have instructed my solicitor and have to take in proof of funding etc to estate agent tomorrow. So busy day tomorrow. :D

Hi good luck, my partner and I bought your first house 8 years ago, it was the first house we looked at and we got it, we are still in it and I have no intentions of ever moving unless I win the Euro millions and might get a couple more rooms :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

I've looked at around 60 or more over the last few years, some were just to have a mosey about because I liked the look of it. The first time I looked I felt a fool after a friend was treated like a child when buying his first house at 17 cash, the younger you are the more they think you are messing about. I'm now only just getting treated seriously at 24, but until I find "the one" then I will keep looking.
The main problem I'm finding is its either a bathroom at a good size or the kitchen. Never both :( x

I've looked at around 60 or more over the last few years, some were just to have a mosey about because I liked the look of it. The first time I looked I felt a fool after a friend was treated like a child when buying his first house at 17 cash, the younger you are the more they think you are messing about. I'm now only just getting treated seriously at 24, but until I find "the one" then I will keep looking.
The main problem I'm finding is its either a bathroom at a good size or the kitchen. Never both :( x

Well in this house the bathroom and kitchen are small but not pokey. I've lived in houses with smaller kitchens growing up so pretty good really.

The waiting is a killer isn't it! Hoping I'll drop another half stone or more by the time it's over.

Latest posts

Back