Gutted - window through and sign broken

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOM

Reaction score
It's only our 5th week of trading and I have this is the 2nd time our window has been smashed.
We can not afford shutters yet so we just pull the blinds down.

This time the sign as well which is gonna be expensive.

Somebody thinks they saw what happened but didn't bothe phoning the police.
man ad woman arguing, man picks up a rock and throws it... bounces off our window and he picks it up again and chucks it at the sign breaking 3 letters which are raised and halo lit.

We are insured but Excess is £250... I didn't claim last time but I have to this time.

That's us £250 down because some guy couldn't get on with his mrs.

The police are usless, have not even come to see if they can get an evidence at all!!!
We have gangs hanging about outside.
And no CCTV.

I am just gutted.
I am paying for the lack of law and order or with the absance of any proventative measures at all.

I don't know how many more times this can happen before we go bust.:cry:

Oh no im really sorry to hear that, can't believe some people are so thoughtless :mad:

Maybe you could get one of those fake cctv cameras to put up until you can afford shutters, i think argos do them.

Sorry i can't be more help but i hope the police get off their arse & do something :hug: :hug:

Maybe you need to invest in a shutter if this is the second time in 5 weeks, you may end up forking out more thanthe cost of a shutter. You could maybe go for the cheaper option of a push up rather than a motorised one.

Ahh you must be so p***ed off - I know I would be, especially in your early days when you've put so much effort in to getting the place nice - like Juliette says might be worth getting fake CCTV put in - doubt it would stop something like that happening though as I doubt he would have even noticed if it was there or not.

I hope nothing was taken? xx

That stinks...why cant people be more thoughtful with there actions...i bet they were just like "s**t we smashed that window..lets go"...giving no regard at all for you and the upset it causes....makes me mad.

Just had look in argos catalogue you can get a basic working cctv camera for £54.99.
How much are shutters ? It might work out cheaper to get them in the long run as if it happens again your insurance policy might go up ?

Poor you and your girlfriend - it makes me so angry when people are so thoughtless - they probably didn't give a second thought about what they had done and all the hard work you have put into your business.

With some of the insurance money, would you be able to get/put to, some shutters - just a thought - the insurance might be happy for you to do this as part of crime prevention!

I am sure you will succeed despite this setback and hope it all gets sorted out soon xx

So sorry to hear this, people can be so callus, they cause damage to other peoples things and don't give it a second thought. x

That's so unfair,i truely hope they get what they deserve, :hug: 's to you both !

sorry to hear this some people are real s***s....as for the police they are a waste of time they are never around when you need them and when they do turn up what do they do...jack s***....

If i had found out who did it i would go and chuck a brick through their window to see how they like it!

As an aside, the barber up the road from my shop....about the same distance as him and me to the pub (which is a dodgy pub) has had his windows done several times. I have a shutter and I come in on a Monday morning with beer stains on the window and always broken glass outside...if it wasn't for the shutter it would be my window. And honest I always have to clear up glass bottles and broken beer glasses on a Monday after the week end.

I think a shutter sounds the best way forward.If it were me I would splash out as I think you will end up forking out more in the long term than if you brought the shutter.Insurance premiums will go up if you keep claiming and much as I hate to sound negative it sounds like this may be an ongoing problem.

I'm sorry to hear about the vandalism though.Some people are jealous of other peoples good fortune and have zero respect.Think about how many lovely top of the range cars you see driving around with key marks down the sides.!!!!Same thing,jealousy.

I would be devastated if it were me this were happening to.:hug: Good luck with whatever you decide to do though.

omg, there is not much chance of the guy geting caught if the police didnt take and evedence etc but i hope cama comes round and bites him on the a**, :hug:

If i had found out who did it i would go and chuck a brick through their window to see how they like it!
a bl***y big brick......

Ahh you must be so p***ed off - I know I would be, especially in your early days when you've put so much effort in to getting the place nice - like Juliette says might be worth getting fake CCTV put in - doubt it would stop something like that happening though as I doubt he would have even noticed if it was there or not.

I hope nothing was taken? xx
no nothing was taken, the windows are fairly strong the smash but film holds the up... and silicon sealer hold's the edges to the frame.

We have got a board over the smashed one now so we hope it will be OK.

I have phoned my local counciller to see if he can do anything.
The gang problem is getting a bit bad for my area, it didn't used to be like this.

I think I will get some real CCTV but I don't think it will stop people like who did this.
And again, it costs money that I just have not got.
Opening this salon cost us everything, we have some left but we have to be really careful with it.

Shutters are going to have to be a need rather than a want though I think.

I have a motorbike I think I will sell that for the money.

no nothing was taken, the windows are fairly strong the smash but film holds the up... and silicon sealer hold's the edges to the frame.

We have got a board over the smashed one now so we hope it will be OK.

I have phoned my local counciller to see if he can do anything.
The gang problem is getting a bit bad for my area, it didn't used to be like this.

I think I will get some real CCTV but I don't think it will stop people like who did this.
And again, it costs money that I just have not got.
Opening this salon cost us everything, we have some left but we have to be really careful with it.

Shutters are going to have to be a need rather than a want though I think.

I have a motorbike I think I will sell that for the money.
aww thats terrible all becouse some bloke had a row with his misses......my partners ex owns a letting agency and she got ram raided twice then she got shutters but 6 months later they broke into the shop next door a put a hole through the wall and robbed her again!shes now moved the buissness further up the street and has no problems

I knew yesterday's taking would be down but I wasn't expecting todays as well.
It's 1:00pm and we have only took £4!!! on a Saturday which is normally by far our best day.
I didn't think a smashed window and sign would put people off so much.
It's as if people thing we are shut.

Nobody can replace the glass till Monday so that day is going to be down as well.
And if Monday is bad then bookings for tues/wed will be hit.

I have to get 2 quotes for the sign as well so that will all take time.
Salon Gold insurance people are not exactly helpfull.

I have a decent quote for a shutter though I think, £1000 for a electric remote operated.

This is a complete nightmare.

wouldnt the manual shutters work out alot cheaper for you!

Sorry to hear about this but I have to admit, the shop I work at would be out of business if we didin't have shutters. We are on a main road between a few pubs.
Hope you get it sorted and have no further problems.

Latest posts

Back