Guyliner And Manscara. What Do You Think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guyliner & Manscara. What do you think?

• Noooooo! It's just sooo wrong!

Votes: 33 34.7%
  • Not fussed. Does not bother me whether they do or don't.

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • it's great! If woman can do it then men can too.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Not something I would prefer myself but don't mind if they do.

Votes: 16 16.8%

• Total voters
Anyone not working watchin day time telly :D may have just seen this as a feature. It got fairly postive responses over all but i have to say a mua did a fella's make up supposedly natural,i coud have done better. The products were nicly named and packaged,however they didn't mention price.

I personally wouldn't want my husband to wear makeup, but considering his beauty regime consists of a shower and hair wash then I don't think I need worry. He's just very masculine (dare I say rugged!:)) looking and thats how I like him.
As for my sons or anyone else well I grew up in the 80's and thought Adam Ant was lovely so it works on lots of blokes. Each to their own I say!

Okay normally i would say Nooooo but after seeing Stu on BB who wears make up and nail polish i have to say he really suits it!

I totally would!!! :lol:

I cant understand why anyone would care whether men wear make up or not. I dont have any desire to wear make up but its the 21st century and some people need to open their minds a little bit, lets face it men have been wearing make up for years and years and I dont see the need for "mens make up" why cant we just have "make up"? the way i see it, black mascara is black mascara whatever name you put on it lol.:lol:

Okay normally i would say Nooooo but after seeing Stu on BB who wears make up and nail polish i have to say he really suits it!

Me too!! :lol::lol:

Ok it suits Stu but imagine make up on Rex, these guys are two different personalities, I am sure it would not suit Rex just like that white diamond hoodie does not.

I would, just to go out (not if people thought I looked gay though). Don't see any point in the man branding (unless you are buying from a barbers or unisex salon). find it better buying Cover Girl or Rimmel from normal supermarkets/high st stores (probably think I am getting them for my other half); did get asked this about some nail products before and seemed interested when I said they were for myself...

mheh. Who cares? Saying 'sure, but not MY MAN!' seems no different than men saying 'Women should be able to wear trousers, but not MY woman, she wouldn't look womanly if she didn't wear a dress!'.

Let people be people. It wasn't long ago that wearing an earring for a man was taboo and the right for women to vote the work of the devil. If a guy wants to wear a thong on his head, who am I to try and give him a complex about it so he conforms to my definition of testosterone?

shunters off to go find purple eye shadow

Hope the purple suits :wink2:

Saying 'sure, but not MY MAN!' seems no different than men saying 'Women should be able to wear trousers, but not MY woman, she wouldn't look womanly if she didn't wear a dress!'.

Maybe so,have you been talking to my hubby ? lol But when asked for our opions,on the men in our life,surely we should be able to post honestly without having to defend our selves ??
I haven't once questioned,anyone elses reply,those who don't agree with me,i wouldn't that's their choice,surely mine is as valid as the next, regardless of whether others agree with it.Maybe it is an old fashioned even hypocrytical veiw,but it's mine :D I like my man without makeup,he likes me with it,we're happy that way :hug:

Maybe so,have you been talking to my hubby ? lol But when asked for our opions,on the men in our life,surely we should be able to post honestly without having to defend our selves ??
I haven't once questioned,anyone elses reply,those who don't agree with me,i wouldn't that's their choice,surely mine is as valid as the next, regardless of whether others agree with it.Maybe it is an old fashioned even hypocrytical veiw,but it's mine :D I like my man without makeup,he likes me with it,we're happy that way :hug:

Becki, you have summed it up so well, and yes you are right, it is your opinion about the men in your life. Other peeps are entitled to their choices and I wouldn't say their reasons are invalid. That has been the whole point of this poll ...... to see what people think of make-up on the men they know so well. Let's face it, it is one of the less seen things these days but is obviously becoming more common place.

Why would anyone care? Because we all have opinions on what we like, dislike, fancy a little of or feel uncomfortable with. Because the world and people in it are ever changing. Because we all come from different walks of life, different backgrounds and cultures. Because, as Becki rightly said, if we were all the same, looked the same, thought and felt the same, then how boring life would be.

I asked my daughter (14 yrs) and her friend (16 yrs) what they thought. My daughter said she didn't mind and that it suited some guys but not others but that it didn't bother her. Her friend said she felt a little less comfortable with it and especially would not like it on her dad, but wasn't too fussed really.

I have found the voting really interesting. Prior to starting the poll I actually thought the voting would be more in favour of 'nooooo' and 'not too fussed'. In actual fact it is more even amongst the four options than I ever thought it would be and may still change.

Personally for me on the men in my life, it's a 'no'. I would not like it and I know they would not and this is my personal opinion. However, if a male client came to me and asked for make-up to be applied, I would happily discuss his wishes and willingly apply the make-up.

Thank you for your comments and voting. Feel free to add more.

Last edited:
This is not new, I had a boyfriend in the early late 70's early 80's who was always stealing mine so I bought him his own. He was going through a "Cure" phase. Then I went out with a new romantic who had more make-up than I did and I used to "borrow" his blusher :).

Then it was fine as it was part of a total look in both cases, but I dont think I would like my hubs to wear it to work, he works in an office, wears a suit, shirt and tie, it would look very odd on him anyway.

If a young guy wants to do it then thats fine.

Trish xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My hubby is lovely just as he is

If done properly (and if it suits them), men look hell sexy with eyeliner....... reow!

It was suggested by my wife to try a light silver/gray eyeliner on my inner lid edges to help counter the redness from some late-night work. It looked completly natural and helped make my eyes look a lot more 'rested'. It did not solve the late-night work issue though...

I have not tried mascara. I have not felt the need due to my naturally darker eyelashes.

I have worn nail polish on my toenails though. I received a pedicure a while back and the nail tech suggested I use clear polish to help keep the nails from drying out. My wife actually suggested I try colored polish because she saw it on some celebrity guys and like it. Silver was the color of choice, and I have to say that I did like it as well! I may try black as well as dark blue soon because I think those are colors that a man can get away with too.

It was suggested by my wife to try a light silver/gray eyeliner on my inner lid edges to help counter the redness from some late-night work. It looked completly natural and helped make my eyes look a lot more 'rested'. It did not solve the late-night work issue though...

I have not tried mascara. I have not felt the need due to my naturally darker eyelashes.

I have worn nail polish on my toenails though. I received a pedicure a while back and the nail tech suggested I use clear polish to help keep the nails from drying out. My wife actually suggested I try colored polish because she saw it on some celebrity guys and like it. Silver was the color of choice, and I have to say that I did like it as well! I may try black as well as dark blue soon because I think those are colors that a man can get away with too.

Well it sounds as though you have a fab wife! Nice one :)

Does make me laugh though, make up for men, face cream for men :rolleyes: if its none sented, does it matter? or is man skin different to girlie skin:smack:

It is actually! And it does have different requirements to a womans skin. It's thicker and ages much slower for a start.:hug:

If a guy wants to wear a thong on his head, who am I to try and give him a complex about it so he conforms to my definition of testosterone?

Ah, but would you fancy him with the thong on his head, this is the question!:lol::lol:

For me, if my hubby came to me with eye liner, or any other make up on for that matter I just wouldn't be able to fancy him cos I'd be laughing too much. However, if either my son or step son wore it, it really wouldn't bother me. It just doesn't push my buttons iykwim!?:green:

My wife actually suggested I try colored polish because she saw it on some celebrity guys and like it. Silver was the color of choice, and I have to say that I did like it as well! I may try black as well as dark blue soon because I think those are colors that a man can get away with too.

Great to see more men trying new things like eye make-up or nail polish but I don't see why we should be restricted to colours like black and blue. Why should guys be excluded from bright, attractive colours like pinks and reds?

:confused:

Great to see more men trying new things like eye make-up or nail polish but I don't see why we should be restricted to colours like black and blue. Why should guys be excluded from bright, attractive colours like pinks and reds?

:confused:

Quite so! Although perhaps pinks and reds have been stereotyped as "girly" colours? Still, doesn't mean that men should be denied them though does it?

I love men that wear eyeliner and mascara......brings out their eyes......just as it does for us women!!
If one of my sons decided he wanted to do it then fine.
We are all individuals....how boring the world would be if we were all the same!
Johnny Depp...Pirates of the carribean......yes please

Attachments

• johnny.jpg
    johnny.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 104
And another thing...don't always believe what men tell you.
My mum always told me "never trust a man who's eyebrows meet in the middle"
I'd been married to my first husband ages before I knew he plucked his eyebrows:lol::rolleyes:
.....and yes they did actually meet in the middle.....:)

Latest posts

Back