client complaint email what do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This woman is sounding more suspicious by the minute!

yeah tell me about it and so far i have about six different contact numbers for her, the one she gave when she booked in
then the number i checked 1471 with that she phoned me on
her mobile number
the number she gave on her client record client
the mobile number she gave on her record card
the number i checked again 1471 with which was a mobile when
she said she couldnt find the salon on the day of appointment

When i asked her how she heard of me she paused for a short while then came out with yell.com which has directions how to get to the salon anyway so how she managed to say she couldnt find it again is a mystery not quite adding up somehow.

I do think there is something odd about this woman BUT i do think you should take on board some of her comments.

Firstly the hand/arm massage, you really should have asked her if she wanted one or not so I can understand her point on this.

If this client has had quite a few facials then she probably would know the term extractions, many of my clients are aware of this term.

In regards to the dermalogica massage then I can totally understand where she is coming from as I myself complained about the lack of shoulder massage on the training and have added this in to my routine as i know my clients would be up in arms if i stopped massaging shoulders etc.

I really think you should actually call her to discuss these points, they can only make you a better therapist than you already are.

I have met so many therapists that tell there clients to let them know if they have any problems then if there is a problem they don't want to know.

yes i will take her comments on board but whilst im performing the treaatment im the profesional not her and therefore had reasons as to why i didnt perform extraction over the scar tissue and tight pores on her skin.
I did say that her comments are valued but to want a refund and discount is the first ive heard in this type of industry, its not like a product your returning back.
i have ther demalogica training dvd where i do add certain shoulder and neck movements into the massage too.
has dermalogica always done the pressure point massage technique? cos she said the last time she had i was over a year ago

Hi just to update you on whats happening i really didnt think it was necessary to hear from her after the example email i sent her but shes sent me another one this morning.
It read something along the lines of that i didnt take on board the comments se said and that if she had been told what was going to happen doing the treatment that she would of declined.
She had a facial in january and it was to a high standard so what not go back there and complain about my services then?
she then continued to say she was going to contact dermalogica head office and then i should continue to work with colleagues which i feel is so undermining how dare she say that when i continuolously go on training courses which dermlogica are aware of anyway i have my rep coming tomorrow shall i discuss this with her?
she then referred to the fact that its ideal i have free car parking again and that she didnt want a full refund but a voucher towards something would of been nice as she wanted to book in for an indian head massage as that building a good client base for newly set up business is paramount.

i just feel like its abit of a threat to mention that shes going to contact dermalogica head office and then mention that she would of like a voucher off an indian head massage like shes hoping to gain something out of it, im just not convinced shes a genuine client shes trying to pick everything apart like shes really got something against me.
I spent the best part of 15mins going through the consultation card with her and i said that i will not be performing extractions over the scared area but now shes saying i did not make this clear to her as the other therapist explain every procedure to her when she had it done in january.
However she told me the last time she had a facial was over a year ago another lie there too.
What i dnt understand is why at the end of the treatment she personally asked for two of my pricelists and said one was for work friend if she had the intention of complaining on the monday.
What do i reply this time i just cant be bothered with all this hassal i should be worried about running my business not people who are trying to destroy me

I wouldn't be worried if she does complain to head office, they're obviously going to smell a rat cos she's the only person out of all your clients to complain. It would be diff. if loads of your clients were to complain to head office about you, then I'd be thinking 'it must be me'.
Reading this with interest cos once I had a £75 facial in centerparcs, and the therapist didn't perform hand massage, I removed rings etc. like she said, but left my spa band on (u know the one which admits you to use the wet faciities)I couldn't take it off cos it was paper, and would have ripped. She didnt tell me whether or not it was because of this paper band, I just assumed it was. But I certainly didn't complain. I had the full 1hr treatment and my skin looked great afterwards. I've had many a facial in lots of diff. spas, I never ask for money back if I feel they werwn't good value, I JUST LEARN FROM IT AND DON'T GO THERE AGAIN.
This woman may be a psycho trying to poach free treatments.
On the other hand, the free parking may be a bonus for her, esp. if she has mobility probs and that's why she wants to come back, and she wants you to prove you're worth going back to by making her next experience all super dooper (but NOT discounted).

It sounds like she is reading this thread!

Just reply

"Dear Mrs/Miss ....

I have taken your comments on board but unfortunately it is not a policy of mine to offer discounts on demand. I feel that I am not going to be able to help you further on this matter. Please feel free to contact Dermalogica head office if that is what you feel necessary, I will be contacting them myself to explain the situation and tell them to expect your call.

As I said before I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your treatment however it was performed correctly. If you would like the details of another treatment at booking to avoid any chance of disappointment in the future please don't hesitate to ask,

Kind regards,

......."

I personally never give a hand and arm massage in my facials and it is your prerogative to offer what you want to unless it was stated to her that she would be getting this. Even if you did want to offer her compensation then it would be for you to decide not her. I would call Dermalogica to tell them what she is doing and then they can prepare an answer to defend you.

I've had many a facial in lots of diff. spas, I never ask for money back if I feel they werwn't good value, I JUST LEARN FROM IT AND DON'T GO THERE AGAIN! Absolutly!!!!

This woman may be a psycho trying to poach free treatments.
On the other hand, the free parking may be a bonus for her, esp. if she has mobility probs and that's why she wants to come back, and she wants you to prove you're worth going back to by making her next experience all super dooper (but NOT discounted )But if that was the case, you wouldn't complain sooooo much?!:rolleyes:.

It seems really strange to me that she keeps going on about the free parking????!!!:eek:

Anyway I wouldn't let her get to you, if she wants so desperatly(sp?) to come back for a treatment then let her but I wouldn't give a discount, you have sent her an email stating the case and making it quite clear where you stand in relation to her complaint. I wouldn't get draged into a tennis match via email over the issue, you never know she could be passing them on to others, if she's petty enough to keep whinging then let her but just let it be one sided she'll soon get bored!

As for your treatment the only thing I do differently is I offer a hand OR foot massage and I usually ask them which they would like after I have put the mask on 'coz then it come as a nice surprise (don't think I've got it included on my price list) and if they have jewellery on they are then quite happy to remove it at that point!

Good luck with this one! :hug:

It sounds like she is reading this thread!

Just reply

"Dear Mrs/Miss ....

I have taken your comments on board but unfortunately it is not a policy of mine to offer discounts on demand. I feel that I am not going to be able to help you further on this matter. Please feel free to contact Dermalogica head office if that is what you feel necessary, I will be contacting them myself to explain the situation and tell them to expect your call.I totally agree with you on this but.... if she is abit nutty then she take huff of this as she may feel that you'll get your point in first and taint their view on the story!!!

As I said before I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your treatment however it was performed correctly. If you would like the details of another treatment at booking to avoid any chance of disappointment in the future please don't hesitate to ask,

Kind regards,

......."

I personally never give a hand and arm massage in my facials and it is your prerogative to offer what you want to unless it was stated to her that she would be getting this. Even if you did want to offer her compensation then it would be for you to decide not her. I would call Dermalogica to tell them what she is doing and then they can prepare an answer to defend you. [/quote]

I'd either phone dermalogica today or wait and have a word with your rep tomorrow and see what their take on it would be.

Yes there is the possibility that she is reading this well if she is then at least she knows ive sussed her out i know shes not a genuine client. I dont know what shes thinks shes going to achieve from it i'm here to stay and theres nothing she can do about it. Theres enough people to choose who they want to go too and i know my loyal clients wouldnt go anywhere else its her thats got the problem.
some places charge more than £35 and it wasnt like she had a reduced treatment time because there was no steaming/extraction still the full hour treatment plus the 15 minute consultation and after care at the end which she had the opportunity to say if there was a problem but she chose to ask me about a product.
i'd rather she didnt come back because this type of person would never be happy she'll find something else to moan about.
Dermalogica know i attend their regular training i will discuss this with my rep tomorrow its me that is their account holder not her so im not bothered by that i just think its her threat so she can get the discount she wants

I've had a further think about this and it just made me laugh. Her complaint is basically that you didn't massage her arm! It's a facial for goodness sake, therefore the priority is her face not her arm, any extra massage is a bonus. Also if she is contraindicated to steaming and extractions then you were protecting her skin!

Just send one more reply like I suggested at the end you could write "I hope that we can move on from here as I really value your custom and look forward to treating you in the future." so that she is a bit pacified and feels that you are not just trying to get rid of her. She may end up being the perfect customer if she feels you can have an open honest relationship. :hug:

Having read the thread, I personally think she wouldn't call Dermalogica... sounds like an empty threat to scare you into giving her, her money back.

The only thing that I would say is, I've only ever been for facials 3 times in my life and I have never received any type of massage whatsoever, besides the facial massage. So something like that would come as a lovely surprise to me.

Having said that, if this is something you offer, you should ask your clients to remove their jewellery as it's part of the treatment. If they decline to take of their jewellery, you should explain to them that you won't be able to offer the massage treatment then and if they are OK with it, then both parties know where they stand.

Just assuming because she didn't take off her jewellery initially that she didn't want the massage isn't right (assuming I've read your initial post correctly). Even though she claims she's had many facials before, there are some idiot clients like me that don't know these things :lol:

Hope you get things sorted.

M.

I know from now i will be performing a arm and massage so its all changed for the good but it is ridicolous that she keeps emailing me regarding this, if your not happy you wouldnt go back simple as. theres something else thats eating her away about what i do.
i really dont want her back though i dont want to encourage her to come after she has undermined my skills and ability that ive worked so hard tto gain

another valid information that i forgot to mention just understood it when i read it back again what do you make of this?
she said i am taking on board that im trying to build a client base and will still recommend me to work colleagues/friends as the free car parking is ideal.
but how can you recommend me to someone why you've just complained your not happy i dont get it

another valid information that i forgot to mention just understood it when i read it back again what do you make of this?
she said i am taking on board that im trying to build a client base and will still recommend me to work colleagues/friends as the free car parking is ideal.
but how can you recommend me to someone why you've just complained your not happy i dont get it

she obviously doesnt think you are that bad if she wants discount on another treatment and is going to recomend you to others?

if i went and thought the facial wasnt very good, i just wouldnt go back, simple as that.

I have come to the conclusion that she has a parking fetish :lol:

She does go on a bit about the parking, doesn't she !! Perhaps you can offer to do the treatment in the parking area next time... it appears that, that would keep her happy :lol:

M.

Sounds like a bit of blackmail to me!! I think Weezie's advice and samle letters are perfect and I would go with them.

Regarding the massage, during the consultation stage I always explain to my clients that during the mask I will perform either a hand/arm or scalp massage, the choice is theirs. They are always really pleased to have not only the additional treat but to be able to choose it too.

yeah i will take the massage on board as i use to quietly fill in their prescription sheet during this time. yeah seems like blackmail to me too in the same email she put she was going to contact dermalogica regarding this and that she was still going to recommend me to people as she knows im building up a clientelle base.
Love the car parking idea at least i dont have to have her back in my salon lol
i have a theory that maybe she said that about recommendations so i dont think shes badmouthing me to clients if she is or so that i dont suspect shes a therapist

i take it that you checked the numbers you have against the price leaflets that came through your door? If I suspected someone of checking me out from a local salon i'd make it my sole purpose to find out for sure, i'd be driving round the other salons to see if she worked there! either that or calling the number that you have (using 1571 of course) and seeing how she answers the phone?? :twisted: sounds really fishy to me!! she's trying to get at you for a reason!

yes i did check the six different numbers she gave me against a pricelist someone put through my home door but the number wasnt the same or the name.
She paid by card and her name came up so she cant of given me a false name unless she borrowed someone elses card.
She hasnt given me a full address and postal code though, ive checked through the internet but theres so many salons in sourrounding areas but i would love to prove myself right too its so fustrating

Latest posts

Back