Had to laugh

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherries_12

Reaction score
Had a client come in for a manicure and before I could even sit in my heir she states straight away she's a mail tech and has bought her own top cost which dried polish in 20 sec flat. I said it may top dry the top layer of polish but your nails won't be dry enough to go routing around in your bag for your oyster card, car/house keys or mobile.

She then says " I've trained as a nail tech and I've used loads of different top costs to finally find a top cost that does indeed dry in 20 secs flat completely"

Not my place to argue so I just start her manicure.
My colleague who was doing a manicure on the other station next to me then asked my client what system/brand did she train in as she was interested in what experiences and wanted to swap tips etc my client was SO adamant she was full of product knowledge on all systems to with nails. And was really hyping this top coat up.

A lot of oohing and ermming went on then she said oh it was a pink and white system.

My friend persisted and dropped all the well known brands out there.
She then said she couldn't remember and she only did a one day course!!!

She had an accident and was off work because of it and decided to make extra money on the side.

But for the life of her she can't remember the brand she used or where she trained , just that it was white and pink and she doesn't do nails much nowadays.

I must say it was a cricket moment...
My client remained quiet after that.

I just laughed inwards and carried on with her manicure

Anyone else had clients who think they know everything just because they did one days training and now act like they're the fountain of knowledge ??

I've had them but it hasn't taken long to put them nicely in their place .. Maybe 2 minutes. :D

Don't you just want to give them a right good SMACK!! ??

One of my regular ladies Mrs S knows an old client of mine - who no longer needs to come to me apparantley, told me yesterday that this lady who is a know it all, is now suddenly a nail tech - har dee har, as she has bought Shellac and a lamp off Fleabay, and is now doing all her friends nails. She showed Mrs S her nails and her friends nails to which Mrs S said - oooh you have done a really good job (sarcastically), she then replied yes and it is sooo easy, to which Mrs S replied, Em must be mad, to think she has spent all that money and time on training and you have just done it without having to do all that, your soooo clever!!!
This is a woman that turned her friends hair green last year!!!
:green:
Dont you just love it that everyone thinks our job is easy - my sister thinks i spend all day filing and drinking tea!!!

Cant wait too catch up with this new 'nail tech' and really make her squirm!!! All good things come to those that wait....................
xx

There's a mum at one of the local schools who has decided to now become a nail tech. She charged pennies when she first started to build up her client base and has now trapped these clients as they are all mummies at the school and can't go somewhere else now as they don't want to offend her.

One of my clients told me tonight that her friend goes to her as she is one of these mummies but that the so called nail tech is absolutely rubbish. She really admired my clients nails and said that she wishes she could come to me for a proper treatment but she can't face offending this new nail tech.

How sad is that?

There's a mum at one of the local schools who has decided to now become a nail tech. She charged pennies when she first started to build up her client base and has now trapped these clients as they are all mummies at the school and can't go somewhere else now as they don't want to offend her.

One of my clients told me tonight that her friend goes to her as she is one of these mummies but that the so called nail tech is absolutely rubbish. She really admired my clients nails and said that she wishes she could come to me for a proper treatment but she can't face offending this new nail tech.

How sad is that?

Hmmm! Such loyalty. Not many go on paying for 'rubbish'!

I have a client who answers to EVERYTHING "Yes, I know"! I could easily behead her at least 40 times during each appointment :)

I've had them but it hasn't taken long to put them nicely in their place .. Maybe 2 minutes. :D

Absolutely geeg!!
I wasn't even in my chair or pulled the colour wheel out for her o choose her polish and she was on my back like a monkey talking about her own top coat.
Plunked it in the table with a resounding thud and was adamant because she's a nail tech she knows all the good top coats and I forgot to add she said u have to put the top coat on very thick for it To work!!!

What ideally want to know is what was this brand she used.
Black and punk or white and pink
We reeled of all the names
Cnd opi ezflow nsi ibd
All to which she said no
My mate then went below the belt and said maybe it was one of the wholesaler ones
To which I replied do they do training for one day.

Again the clint said no
"I honestly can't remember "

Like I said it was a cricket in the night. Moment !!!
Lol
Lol
She did come down a peg after that once she realised we were every knowledgable in this area and and changed the subject to something else pronto

Lol. Iv had clients that think they know it all with NO training aleast she had a day lol :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Lol. Iv had clients that think they know it all with NO training aleast she had a day lol :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

lol yes, that would indeed make her an expert!

Hmmm! Such loyalty. Not many go on paying for 'rubbish'!

Pathetic isnt it? Playground politics is lethal these days. If tech mummy sees the other mummies with nails she didn't do, well, that would be it, out of the gang. Worse than getting divorced! :Scared:

I want to know what this 'magical' top coat is. :wink2:

I want to know what this 'magical' top coat is. :wink2:

Me too, I am dying to know what this apparently amazing top coat is. Got a feeling it will be some cheap tat top coat from Sally's or worse super save or something lol.

me too, i am dying to know what this apparently amazing top coat is. Got a feeling it will be some cheap tat top coat from sally's or worse super save or something lol.

lumos is the only top coat i know that dries so fast. And maybe one that some of you do not know?

Actually guys
It was..... Seche vite top coat

Yeah well if u had heard her speak it could bake a cake and deliver your baby as well as dry nails in 20secs flat
Lol

You should try Lumos bottom and top coat.

I already have them babe

Latest posts

Back