Hair extensions...so angry!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxkatie_oxx

Reaction score
Hi all,
I went to have a spray tan done at a lady i found on gumtree's house, she also did hair extensions, i asked her how much it would be, for a full head she said £200, I asked a few other questions about them. I've had them done a couple of times before so I semi new what I was talking about. She said they were human hair, indian, and should last about 3 months. I said great, she did them there and then and they looked fab! Until i washed them, they went dry, knotty and I couldnt run my fingers through them at all. I have left it a couple of weeks and I cant bear having them in any more. I called the lady that did my hair, she told me that i was using the wrong shampoo and that i need to pay £60 to have them removed!!! I went to the hairdressers near to me that have been diong hair exts for 15years and he said they were synthetic, and that there was no way any hair dresser could do a full head of human virgin indian hair exts for that price!! He also did a test which proved they were not real hair.
I am so angry, theres nothing I can do about it either. Just wanted to let you know and vent my anger. I am having them done again, by a balmain, pro in a hairdressers tomorrow so will let you know how that goes. Does anyone have/had done balmain hair? How is it for you? x

Hi all,
I went to have a spray tan done at a lady i found on gumtree's house, she also did hair extensions, i asked her how much it would be, for a full head she said £200, I asked a few other questions about them. I've had them done a couple of times before so I semi new what I was talking about. She said they were human hair, indian, and should last about 3 months. I said great, she did them there and then and they looked fab! Until i washed them, they went dry, knotty and I couldnt run my fingers through them at all. I have left it a couple of weeks and I cant bear having them in any more. I called the lady that did my hair, she told me that i was using the wrong shampoo and that i need to pay £60 to have them removed!!! I went to the hairdressers near to me that have been diong hair exts for 15years and he said they were synthetic, and that there was no way any hair dresser could do a full head of human virgin indian hair exts for that price!! He also did a test which proved they were not real hair.
I am so angry, theres nothing I can do about it either. Just wanted to let you know and vent my anger. I am having them done again, by a balmain, pro in a hairdressers tomorrow so will let you know how that goes. Does anyone have/had done balmain hair? How is it for you? x

Hi thats awfull, I would speak to the person who did them and complain again or contact CAB they are really good at helping?
I am interested in getting my hair extentions done again, I am local to you and live in Addlestone. Just wondered where you were getting them done and how much they are charging? hope you dont mind me asking.
:p

She shouldnt have claimed they were human hair if they were not, give trading standards a call. Surely you would have alarm bells ringing at that price tho? If something is too cheap, it is normally fake.

Hi
I would go back to the hair extensionist and ask her to send the hair back to her supplier who should check the hair out with them it could possibly be a bad batch of hair.

The only test you need to do with synthetic is basically cut a bit of the hair and put heat on it and if it shrivels up its definetly synthetic, it also has a very high sheen on it and looks like dolls hair is this what this looked like?
I would contact the hair extensionist and discuss this with her. There is a lot of brands now selling hair with silicone lining on it, as soon as its washed the silicone disappears and the hair can matt and tangle, it needs to be replaced everytime the hair is washed. I have found a great silicone spray if anyone is interested.

Can you contact the hair extensionist and discuss this with her or have you already done this?

Last edited:
lancashirelass, could you tell me the name of the silicone spray as I looking for something like this.

Thanks

Hi all,

for that price it is possible to do indian remy hair depending on how much you want to earn from it... i suppose i could with my supplier as i order alot of hair.

but there is a huge difference in indian remy and indian virgin hair so depends which one she said it was as youve said both types..
virgin hair woud never be for that price anyway..
and i use any shampoo on either of those hair types and they are fine.

if it was fine until you washed them then chances are its neither tbh.. and probably just normal hair you can buy on the high road which goes horrible once youve washed it.

sorry to jump on but where could i get proper remy hair?? sally's don't stock it and i am wary of buying on the net!!!!!!!!!

Any reputable hair merchant will sell it.

Thanks guys, this helps alot, iv had them removed by a different hair dresser now. I'm so angry,and there really isnt anything i can do. She is never gunna give me my money back. she quotes on her website "

We specialize in fitting natural, virgin, remy, full cuticle, 100% real Indian human hair.

Unlike all other extensions and weaves, it comes from one donor. The hair is unprocessed 100% human hair, there is absolutely no artificial or non-human hair mixed in with it. All the cuticles are intact and are in the same direction, preventing tangling and matting. The cuticle layer is still perfectly healthy and intact."

But how can it be if it only lasted 2 weeks. She wont pick up the phone and when i confronted her over text she just said the above. I dont think i am gunna get anywhere, will just have to learn by my mistakes!

The hairdresser I went to today also said she more than doubled the length of my hair which is not really the thing to do, and that the bonds where too close together, and also she gave me a full head when i only really needed half! I dont honestly know how she thinks I would pay £70 to have them removed, when they were supposed to last 3months!

The silicone spray is Lakme K-style silicone spray. I have in my aftercare kits that I sell and also sell it seperately.

You don't know that she wont give a refund until you try....I personally wouldn't be quite so accepting in wasting £200 and would do whatever i could to get that money back based on her miss-selling you what you paid for....I would ring trading standards.

If you went into a shop and asked for rice and they sold you pasta in a rice packet wouldn't you take it back ??

No your right, I am going to try!! Thanks guys xx

Joto, you can get remy godess hair from pauls hair in liverpool city centre, or from a shop again in liverpool its a little shop down a side street opposite old peacocks and the fella sells the remmy hair cheaper thasn pauls hair and will order and colour match for you, xxxx PM me and I have prices x

It sounds to me like cheap european hair. I have had the same thing happen to a client of mine, however I did immediately give her a full refund and I removed the extensions for free. It may just be a bad batch of hair, in which case its up to her to take it up with her supplier. The fact that she won't even answer the phone to you suggests that she knew that the hair wasn't remy virgin hair in the first place. You should definately pursue the matter if only to prevent other people being ripped off as you have. Extensionists like this give the rest of us a bad name!

Good luck with your new extensions, Balmain are a reputable company who will only sell their products to qualified technicians so you should be in safe hands :p

OK this is what I have said to her in yet another text message!

" Hi Kelly, just seen a very old friend of mine who infact does hair extensions, he has told me that you have used far too much hair, and that the length was too long, apparrently you can not more than double the natural hair length, and the bonds were too close together. He also said no way should human hair have gone this wat (dry,knotty ect). He has asked that you contact the manufacturer and find out if it was a bad batch of hair. I hope you understand where I am coming from, i'm so upset that both my natural and my hair extensions are ruined and have spent well over £200 doing so. I also did try to look after them by going out and buying the correct shampoo and conditioner"

What do you think?

The hair extensioniist would need to see the hair to send it back to her supplier. The supplier will then send it back to the manufacturer and they will then do the tests. I myself always test hair from a supplier on a regular basis no matter how long I have been using them. My supplier did give me a refund and was okay about it and the results where it was a bad batch of hair that had been supplied to me.

Hi all,
when hair feels so bad like that it usually means you got very poor quality hair. intact its so bad that some hairdresser cant even belive it real. synthetic hair usually cant even be blow-dried unless it mono thermal fiber.
good quality hair is vital especialy if your going to wash them and leave them in or reuse them.
balmain have been around for a while now i dont think they would sell anything bad. (hopefully)
good luck

She shouldnt have claimed they were human hair if they were not, give trading standards a call. Surely you would have alarm bells ringing at that price tho? If something is too cheap, it is normally fake.

Hi sorry but i charge £200 to £250 for a full head of hair and mine are 100% human hair you can not say that if it is that cheap it is not real as i have not had complaints i have people coming back to me all the time and my extensions are 100% human.

Hi sorry but i charge £200 to £250 for a full head of hair and mine are 100% human hair you can not say that if it is that cheap it is not real as i have not had complaints i have people coming back to me all the time and my extensions are 100% human.

Hi preciousbeauty could you let me know what type it is that you are using please :) x minky

Hi preciousbeauty could you let me know what type it is that you are using please :) x minky

Hi yes i use 100% Human Hair - Keratin Stick Tip - Asian Hair Grade A

Latest posts

Back