Handcream for this cold weather?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tog

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend me a heavy duty handcream to use this winter? My hands are really dry right now, and my usual Nailtiques one is not quite enough.
I used to order a large pot of cheap and cheerful plain, thick, white hand treatment cream from Ellisons which was great but they discontinued it.
Any ideas?
As long as it's good, price is irrelevant to me.

CNDs Solar Butter. Fab for exceptionally dry hands x:)

A FANTASTIC hand cream thats excellent for this time of year is 'Hemp Hand Protector' from The Body Shop.
It will sort out even the most dry cracked hands imaginable!
Its is a really really good product!

Matt. x

Burts Bees hand repair cream is one of the best ive used x

Thanks Christine, Matt and Orchid, I am going to try all of those, I'm a bit of a handcream junkie.
Orchid, where are Burt's Bees based? I expect they have a website.

I use Liz Earle's Hand Repair and L'Occitane, also like Molton Brown but have run out :)

Solar Butter and Burts Bees are firm favourites of mine:hug:

Thanks Geeks, I'm keeping a list of all your suggestions and going to work my way through them all x

I was going to say SolarButter too. Was this a professional post or a personal? I was just suprised at some of the answers - love the products but these are consumer priced as opposed to fabulous trade prices and many are again - PL hand creams. Just a thought.

cuccio body butter is lovely. i have very dry skin and also get excema and am using cuccio on my hands at the mo. honey and milk, or the pomegranete and fig are my favourite for their moisturising properties and smells.

I adore the cuccio honey and milk body butter. It is thick, creamy and lovely. My skin always feels great after it.

I do love the body shop hemp cream as well though.

Don't forget to put cotton gloves on after your handcream for at least 20 minutes, makes a big difference xx

Great thread!

I love hand creams, my ultimate favourite hand cream is dermalogica multivitamin hand & nail treatment it feels like silk on your hands and smells lovely like creamy lemons. I would definatly bump this to the top of your "to try list":)

Another very good one is OPI Avoplex high-intensity hand & nail cream.

Liz Earle hand repair and L`Occitane hand creams are also really good.

:hug:

Last edited:
A FANTASTIC hand cream thats excellent for this time of year is 'Hemp Hand Protector' from The Body Shop.
It will sort out even the most dry cracked hands imaginable!
Its is a really really good product!

Matt. x

This really IS a brilliant hand cream and it's also great to clear up any Psoriasis or Dermatitis

Latest posts

Back