Have you found you like extending the nail bed??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is it profitable for you clara or is it just the way you do nails now (each client has their own shade of pink)?

yes it is profitable for me and yes it is the way I work now !
not every client has there own pink mix but I've taken the 3 skin opaques blended each one a little more (ie warmed up the neutral a tad or cooled down the warm) I've found this covers my clients, and of course I keep note what shade the client has!! but for colour work (L&P and brisa) I often 'mix' to the clients requirements and yes I do charge more for brisa colour (add on service) and to change french colour (L&P )

Another mix you can do is half and half neutral opaque and warm opaque ... this produces a blend that is between the two and suits many many people.

Another fun thing to try is to use a little bead of soft white or 'my secret mix' and create a lunula for a very pretty effect and work your opaque colour thinly over it in a slightly wetter mix ratio. On finishing it makes a really nice effect.

I always create a longer nail bed for myself and I rebalance by removing the free edge completely every other rebalance or so and sculpt a new free edge back on again. I have never had a problem with it breaking off and I do not overlay in clear.

I never extend the opaque colour further than the end of my finger. I think it looks awful when peeps do this. Very weird.

Me too, I love it! It can enhance the appearance of nails so much, I was just saying to Marioned today that I always seem to do this on my nails now as as I have wee short horrible nail beds :irked:

The other thing I think is fantastic with being able to offer this service is that it sets me apart from the white tip half way up your nail brigade :lol: You can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, when extending a nail bed.

Fab thread hunny:hug:

Me, too! I love CB'ing! I hate the look of 'chicklet nails'. HORRENDOUS!

I have only used the opaque with nail bitters. Im not sure how much to extend the nail bed so havent tried it yet.. If there is anyone near me I would love to see reverse application done as im a hands on person, videos are great but close up and having a go is better.. Any volunteers to so me how??

so Sorry for hijacking your great thread.. xx

How do you like to apply coverage gels/l&p? Do you do a thin layer of clear on the nail first? What do you do if the client wants clear on th nail bed? Hust remove all product and sculpt it again?

I've done it on my nails only...have never offered it to clients ;)
Thanks

I would just soak off and reapply the clear
I don't use a layer of clear beneath the opaque (on l&p that is)

Last edited:
How do you like to apply coverage gels/l&p? Do you do a thin layer of clear on the nail first? What do you do if the client wants clear on th nail bed? Hust remove all product and sculpt it again?

I've done it on my nails only...have never offered it to clients ;)
Thanks

When using gel I always apply a thin layer of clear first. I sculpt a thin thin layer and then use the opaque and white sculpting gel for the final effect.

When using gel I always apply a thin layer of clear first. I sculpt a thin thin layer and then use the opaque and white sculpting gel for the final effect.
Thank you Gigi :)
When you do a rebalance do you apply a thin layer of clear on the nail again and then coverage gel?

i love using the CND neutral to extend the nail bed it always looked great. x

Just wondering what are your favourite opaque pink custom blends for gel?

Latest posts

Back