Have you found you like extending the nail bed??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1999judy

Reaction score
Whether with a colour or a custom blend??
It can get a bit addictive sometimes as so many people don't have beds to die for.
And it is SO easy to get a great smile.
What's your opinion??

It can get a bit addictive sometimes as so many people don't have beds to die for.
What's your opinion??

:lol: I have to say Judy I love extening a nail bed to and yep most people dont have nail beds to die for

I looove the extended look, or even just the look of a neat and tidy nail bed color with opaque pinks. My only issue is, I love doing the YN-type reverse where you do your pinks then the white, and if a little white goes over the smile it's okay, it cleans up when you file revealing the sharp smile. Sooo sorry for waffling on, but it has been bugging me when I think about it too much :lol: I am wondering if I have extended my client's nailbed and done the white, should I cap in clear? Otherwise will the white not just "snap" off from the pink since nothing is under it? Will this make "uncovering" the smile impossible??
Sorry, not trying to steal your post Judy, it's just been one of those OMG I'm losing my head on this kinda things :hug::hug:

I have done the reverse application with a nail bed extension and haven't had any problem with the white snapping off. The l&p creates such a strong bond that I haven't had this problem at all. Hope it helps!

What's your opinion??

Yes I love it now!!
Once I had been shown by your bessie mate Anthony it just clicked, reverse application, and his gold & tourmaline mix was just a revelation!!!!

Me too, I love it! It can enhance the appearance of nails so much, I was just saying to Marioned today that I always seem to do this on my nails now as as I have wee short horrible nail beds :irked:

The other thing I think is fantastic with being able to offer this service is that it sets me apart from the white tip half way up your nail brigade :lol: You can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, when extending a nail bed.

Fab thread hunny:hug:

oooommmggggg YES !!!
I LOVE custom blending love love luuurrvvveee iiitttt......

I always have from the minute I saw about it on here and thought oooooooooo how cool is that !

And I have to say, I didn't think there was much more to it than extending the nail bed and covering marks etc....UNTILL The Event !
And I learned how to also create loads of colours using Gel too...

And then all the colour theory from the event and the CND dvd I got...
there is sooo much more to custom colouring than just extending a nail bed... God yes I love it.. and I want to learn ALL of it :green:

I looove the extended look, or even just the look of a neat and tidy nail bed color with opaque pinks. My only issue is, I love doing the YN-type reverse where you do your pinks then the white, and if a little white goes over the smile it's okay, it cleans up when you file revealing the sharp smile. Sooo sorry for waffling on, but it has been bugging me when I think about it too much :lol: I am wondering if I have extended my client's nailbed and done the white, should I cap in clear? Otherwise will the white not just "snap" off from the pink since nothing is under it? Will this make "uncovering" the smile impossible??
Sorry, not trying to steal your post Judy, it's just been one of those OMG I'm losing my head on this kinda things :hug::hug:

Hi Kit

I have been doing the YN reverse application the last 4 years know as tought here in the UK by the YN Team and love the result and Always sculpt using this method.

I Have always only used pink/frosted etc with which every white usually xxx white or speed and not caped in clear and never have any problems with the white snapping off.

I have 2 clients on a dog groomer and the other a florist who are very hard on thier nails and we never have a problem with snapping of the white.

Hope this helps:hug:

Me too, I love it! It can enhance the appearance of nails so much, I was just saying to Marioned today that I always seem to do this on my nails now as as I have wee short horrible nail beds :irked:

The other thing I think is fantastic with being able to offer this service is that it sets me apart from the white tip half way up your nail brigade :lol: You can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, when extending a nail bed.

Fab thread hunny:hug:

I couldn't have put that any better fif

i love it :)
although i dont do cb yet but i would love to eventually i just need to perfect the things im doing first before i add anymore to my list.
i have quite long nail beds anyway but im finding i even prefer the look of opaque on my nails aswell.even if you dont need the opaque to extend the nail beds i still prefer the look it gives of the nail beds as they just look so perfect and healthy.
its the best thing since sliced bread :lol:.xx
i also agree,this is a great thread

I use the CNd opaque when I am doing my own nails all the time, even though my nails beds are a fairly decent length. I just put the smile line where I would normally, then use the coverage powder.

This means that I don't have to change where the smile line is for a few weeks longer than normal, and for the first few weeks have a normal length of nail bed, then for the next few I have an extended nail bed. I just need to rebalance with clear. I'm a bit lazy, as I hate doing my right hand! LOL

Since The Event I haven't done my own nails any other way, I have over done it a couple times, like with my Christmas nails. Mutant nail beds didn't come into it but still, I love it! Those opaque pinks have really opened up a new side of things for me. xxx

i never do a set without custom blending!!

Yes, always use cb on myself and clients (if they pay for it). :D

I can't wait to have a go with all these opaque powders and custom blends :green: I best get reading through the threads on how to go about it!! :irked:

oh...and I have to agree, great thread Judy x

Last edited:
I only use opaque gels now/and or custom blend. My own smiles are truly awful and opaques have improved the look so much I wouldn't use anything else:)

After reading through this it's fueled my fire even more. I am going to have to get a cb course under my belt later this year I think.:idea:

I love CB'ing with gel tho I havent really got my teeth into l&p, I have a mix with the normal flawless pink and still use that. I'm finding that I'm just adding opaques into my usual gel service and not really charging extra unless I have to 'create' the colour specifically. I wanted it to be clear that all CB were extra but I'm more matching the pink to the client than CB'ing :rolleyes: Anyway yes I love having more colours to choose from and this def is the way forward

I custom blend nearly every client (there's always one eh?) and have found the job 100%easier with CND opaque powders even though I've always loved mixed and blending I know they have made the job much easier for us all I guess.
benefits?
much more than just for nail bitters or extending the nail plate, using the custom blend powders gives you design freedom, sets you apart from the 'norm' ,enables you to create natural looking nails that suit the clients and clients love them as the 'look' last longer between visits (no free edge showing!) and love the fact that blend is 'theirs'

Idon't know how I managed without them ! lol

is it profitable for you clara or is it just the way you do nails now (each client has their own shade of pink)?

Latest posts

Back