Having a hard time getting clients to like hard wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aj1

Reaction score
I am using the perron rigot blue and I am not having any luck with my clients preferring this wax to the current strip wax I use. Most are saying the pain is the same for the facial area. Even some of my regular brazilian girls prefer the stip wax and for 3 times more money for the perron I'm questioning whether or not to go back to the strip wax,. I even feel more comfortable doing a brazilian with strip than the hard but then again I am not used to the waiting the wax to set up either. However, my initial reason for the change from strip to hard was for the clients comfort. Ughh.. I'm so confused, it must be me, my inexperience with it I don't know, I find on some people too the brows look tidier with the strip. Does or did anyone feel this way, it is very frustrating when for years I have used something and then to switch over and not have my clients rave is sad. They hate the flicking and I find it takes ages to dry, my application doesn't seem to be too thick and yet if I do really thin, it leaves little blue marks are over their vajayjay. Please help..

Thanks,

I'm with you on the hard wax. I prefer strip, and at the end of the day it's preference that we go with.

I only use hard wax for intimate waxing because i still love my strip wax for the face. I would use it on older clients, chins and such.

What made you decide to change your wax?

I use the perron rigot euroblonde. Have you tried it? It's more of a honey colour so there is no staining and it dries quickly and pulls off really well. My clients absolutely love it and people will travel a good bit to come to someone that uses it.

Do you think that you might need to do a refresher course in it? I trained with Kim Lawless and she was fantastic and made everything so easy. I find the hard wax much quicker than the strip.

However, there are geeks on here that do all their intimate waxing with strip wax and wouldn't waver. Jaquelineanna i think might be one of them. Have a look through the search bar, there are quite a few threads talking about which type of wax is better for hollywoods and brazilians.

HTH xx

Hi, When you say the 'Blue' wax from Perron Rigot which one to you mean? Have you done any training with the products or did you just buy them in? We have been using the Perron Rigot ever since we opened and I can honestly say that I would never dream of going back to strip waxing on intimate areas.
It sounds to me like you would benefit hugely from a Perron Rigot discovery day and maybe some more training. Are you using the Jasmine oil to create a barrier between the skin and the wax? this massively reduces discomfort to the client.
We wax all day everyday and we are constantly getting clients raving about the wax and how much of a difference in sensitivity it is.

In terms of the time it takes to set, maybe your strips are a little too thick, you can use Perron Rigot much thinner than you think, we tend to put a couple of strips on at a time, this really helps to speed things up as by the time you have aspplied your second strip the first is dry and ready for removal.

The flicking up of the tab shouldn't be a huge problem either, if you end your strip on a non hairy area then you can get that flick much easier and without sensitivity to the client.

Hope this is helpful? and let me know if you need any more advice! :)

I see you're in Canada so you'll be using the Cirepil Blue which isn't available here in the UK. However, it sounds as though you need training to do Brazilian waxing with hot wax.

It's an amazing wax and once you master the skill, you'll reap the rewards. Much better for your clients too as there's no soreness immediately after waxing (unlike strip wax).

Contact Perron Rigot and ask for your distributor and trainers for Canada.

I see you're in Canada so you'll be using the Cirepil Blue which isn't available here in the UK. However, it sounds as though you need training to do Brazilian waxing with hot wax.

It's an amazing wax and once you master the skill, you'll reap the rewards. Much better for your clients too as there's no soreness immediately after waxing (unlike strip wax).

Contact Perron Rigot and ask for your distributor and trainers for Canada.

Hi Kim, are you sure Blue is not available in the UK? I know a lady that uses it though I use Euroblonde.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Hi Kim, are you sure Blue is not available in the UK? I know a lady that uses it though I use Euroblonde.

Yes I'm sure it's not. :)

You might be thinking of Berins Blue? Could that be it?

I use both for all waxing and leave it to my clients to decide which one they want. The majority of my clients have come to me for Hollywood and Brazilian from other therapists who use the non strip wax. They have had bad experiences with the non strip with therapists not pulling cleanly enough and picking at the leftover wax and hair afterwards.

If a therapist is trained properly and continues how he/she was trained there should be no picking etc but unfortunately this does happen. As I use both waxes and have used creme wax for over 15 years now, I find that I can get the same results with both and none of the pain or discomfort afterwards that we often hear about. Some of my clients do prefer the non strip wax and I use it for them if that is what they want.

I think the trick is to go with your own instinct, with what your clients want you to use and what is better for them and make sure you know how to use your wax properly. I can understand that new waxers will have problems with creme wax but us old girls have been using it for so long we could almost do it with our eyes closed.

The other thing to bear in mind is who is trying to sell you what. I know this will be controversial but it is true that anyone who has a financial interest in selling you a particular wax will recommend their own and usually the more expensive one. I would too if I were selling wax so there is no offence meant by this it is just a fact. :wink2:

The other thing to bear in mind is who is trying to sell you what. I know this will be controversial but it is true that anyone who has a financial interest in selling you a particular wax will recommend their own and usually the more expensive one. I would too if I were selling wax so there is no offence meant by this it is just a fact. :wink2:

Lol. I hear what you’re saying. I think it’s important to look around and try new products to find out which ones are best for you. I’m looking forward the Professional Beauty Show to see different brands. The Perron Rigot waxes may be great but do they really justify the price? And 12 quid for 50 drip collars....really???

The Perron Rigot waxes may be great but do they really justify the price?
Yes they really do!

I don't actually know anyone that uses drip collars so I wouldn't bother buying any of any brand, so save your pennies.

The trouble is that a lot of waxes look the same but when you have to use them you really can see that there's no comparison.

You might be thinking of Berins Blue? Could that be it?

No Lynne its not Berins Blue. It's Peron Riggot Ceripil pour homme but this person just assumed its also known as Blue I guess because of the colour. I'll clarify that with Kim. Thanks.

There are so many blue waxes around at the mo. A factory in Spain manufacture them and let people brand them. Although they're ok, they're not as good as the high end waxes around.

You'll hear some say 'wax is wax'. Not so!

I only use hard wax for intimate waxing because i still love my strip wax for the face. I would use it on older clients, chins and such.

What made you decide to change your wax?

I use the perron rigot euroblonde. Have you tried it? It's more of a honey colour so there is no staining and it dries quickly and pulls off really well. My clients absolutely love it and people will travel a good bit to come to someone that uses it.

Do you think that you might need to do a refresher course in it? I trained with Kim Lawless and she was fantastic and made everything so easy. I find the hard wax much quicker than the strip.

However, there are geeks on here that do all their intimate waxing with strip wax and wouldn't waver. Jaquelineanna i think might be one of them. Have a look through the search bar, there are quite a few threads talking about which type of wax is better for hollywoods and brazilians.

HTH xx

Hello lovely ... I use Perron Rigot and have done for about 5 years now lol.

I started using Eurose but eventually switched to Euroblonde.

My understanding was always that Ceripil Blue was the same as the Euroblonde formula just with a blue colour. I never understood why it was a different colour in parts of the world.

Berins / Berodin Blue is a very popular brand in the USA. This is manufactured and sold by Lori Nestore over there - of The Whole Ball of Wax DVD. This is also sold here in the UK and I know has many dedicated fans. Lori has her own forum on her website were you an find out more about it.

And then finally you have True Blue from Outback Organics which I currently use.

I don't know who or why blue was chosen as the non strip wax of colour, but there are many versions. And not all waxes are created equal which is why it is important to try many types.

I for example like the PR Pure as a hypoallergenic non-strip wax but I know others who loathe it.

Get yourself to the Pro Beauty show if you can and try them out to see for yourself.

I love trying new waxes, I think it is healthy to try things when they first come out as things do improve with time. Some waxes suit therapists and clients and some don't and I think it helps to allow a client to choose what they prefer too.

Having an open mind is essential to get the best for yourself and for your client and never ever assume that you will be using the same wax in 10 years time, there will always be something new to try and something new to improve your treatments.:wink2:

Thanks for all the replies guys, I do like working with this wax better now and clients are liking it better now. I have not had training with the hard wax so I want to invest in the whole ball of wax dvd, is there more than one dvd on brazilian waxing, I heard there is a new one called Advanced waxing, please let me know so I can order what you all recommend.

Thanks,

There are two DVDs from Lori Nestore, Advanced Brazilian and Face and Body waxing. She uses Berodin Blue hard/hot/brazilian wax in the brazilian dvd and both blue and Ease (strip wax) in the other.

There will be a distributor in Canada where you can get your dvd or indeed go direct to Lori at www.evasestehtics.com

Latest posts

Back