HD brows..fab or total fad?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like great value Sarah. Oh I think ill call tomorrow and see if there is any places left. :lol:

I'm SO excited!! Really can't wait :) Yes you should!! One full day is the threading technique, and the second day is putting all of the techniques together xx

I'm SO excited!! Really can't wait :) Yes you should!! One full day is the threading technique, and the second day is putting all of the techniques together xx

Im getting excited about the course now :lol: Full day of treading sounds brill, as I have not got a clue about threading. Oh def going to book this course... Thanks Sarah...

Leonie xxx

Im getting excited about the course now :lol: Full day of treading sounds brill, as I have not got a clue about threading. Oh def going to book this course... Thanks Sarah...

Leonie xxx

No, me either. I just can't wait to be able to do it. Let me know if you do book it and then I can look out for you :) xx

No, me either. I just can't wait to be able to do it. Let me know if you do book it and then I can look out for you :) xx

Me too, just would not feel confident with the basic training we got to go shaping eyebrows. Cool hun, i will. :lol: xxx

I'm with you, Persianista ... (Dawn, I believe...)

I think that it's another garra rufa fish lark ... over and done with ...

My commercial antenna is calling HD brows as a fad. Training costs are high because they know their "moment" is gonna be brief.

im having hd brows tonight i originally looked at having them done last year but talked myself out of it, since starting in nails and tanning myself i thought sod it im having it done, excited and nervous as i've never had waxing or threading done, always tweezed! eeeeeeek!!

Soo Sarah!

How did you get on, Im dying to know?? I want to be able to do this myself!!

:)

Soo Sarah!

How did you get on, Im dying to know?? I want to be able to do this myself!!

:)

I haven't done it yet lol, it's not for another 3 weeks!! Xx

I think that HD brows is yet another fad. If you are a qualified therapist you will already know to tint,wax thread and use an eye pencil. It's a lot of money for something we already do. Good for short term. But not a stayer!! Invent your own system!

Ah sorry Sarah clearly losing my mind!

Be sure to let us know though ;)

Well guys, update for you all!! Did the training last week... It was good, but too overpriced. I think I'd cry if I'd paid for hd training... Here's a few pictures of family and friends that I've practised on. Let me know your thoughts and opinions please... I use He-Shi tints but I think they're very dark :-/ xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337797638.200711.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337797647.801639.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337797647.801639.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 99,691
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337797657.079060.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337797657.079060.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 3,964
At our Salon, we call this a tint and shape (which includes your choice of either waxing or threading and tweezing for cleaning up stray hairs) = $60

No big price tag.​

At our Salon, we call this a tint and shape (which includes your choice of either waxing or threading and tweezing for cleaning up stray hairs) = $60

No big price tag.​

Thanks for replying :)

Lol I'm rubbish at conversions, what would that be roughly in pounds? I charge £9 for a tint and wax, and I'll be charging £20 for Wow! Brows which will be; consultation (assessing face and eyebrow shapes), measuring brows, tinting, threading, waxing, tweezing, trimming and then pencil and powder if the client is growing their eyebrows out thicker.

If I'm 100% honest, in hindsight, I should have just booked into a threading course, which works out cheaper. But hey ho, I guess you have to take risks with courses!! Xx

Threading has taking off at our salon. Our girl is booked non-stop. I'm letting my eyebrows grow so she can do them. She may tint them to.

I did the HD Brows Training in Yorkshire last week. I have my first client on Wednesday next week but feel very confident in doing the treatment. Loved the training, the trainers were very helpful and although an intense 2 day course I went away feeling confident and remembering everything.:biggrin: Yes it was expensive and I had paid for this myself but hopefully it'll be worth the cost in the long run

However, I recently qualified in semi perm lashes and she wants them doing along with the HD Brows ( roughly 3 hours treatment time in total )
Feeling rather nervous about the semi perm lashes.....but going to allow myself 2 hours and not rush it....

x

Agreed!
This is a fad that will go as fast as it came! In my opinion I don't like HD Brows, I think they look really false, I prefer the brows to be perfect but natural looking it's more attractive, my clientele think the same!

HD Brows CAN be done to look natural though, and natural is better in my opinion otherwise they look too much like the "scousebrow" which is awful! I did 2 models on my HD Brow Training and was told not to overdo it with the tint times and palette make up, and to be fair you hardly use any palette.

Whether its a fad is unknown as yet, but lots of people are jumping on the bandwagon with courses "similar" to HD Brows at a fraction of the cost....time will tell I guess

x

At the start of this thread i said I do a similar treAtment for £15 and it works find. However I have now changed my mind, the amount of people ringing me for hd brows and when I say no but I do something similar they don't want them. They want hds. So I now have myself booked for 2 weeks time

Everyone who had my similar treatment is really excited and wanting to book for HDs.

Hi Hollygold

Will you let us know how you get on? Its a course I want to do when pennies allow for it!

Thanks

xx

At the start of this thread i said I do a similar treAtment for £15 and it works find. However I have now changed my mind, the amount of people ringing me for hd brows and when I say no but I do something similar they don't want them. They want hds. So I now have myself booked for 2 weeks time

Everyone who had my similar treatment is really excited and wanting to book for HDs.

Let us know how you get on!

Hi Hollygold

Will you let us know how you get on? Its a course I want to do when pennies allow for it!

Thanks

xx

They are actually really good as I thought that but I payed £600 (including vat) for just booking then I have the rest to pay now (2 weeks before) and the waiting list for them is so long that it hasn't taken me long to save to be able to pay the last bit off. Hope that helps. Seems easier paying it that way. X

Latest posts

Back