HD brows..fab or total fad?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great reply Angelina. Says it all really! Very balanced argument. Thanks!

thanks girls! so can you give me a couple of idea for names for my priclist. x

Hi Beauty Geeks!!
I'm pretty new to forums so here goes!!!.....
After waxing, tinting, trimming & tweezing clients brows for many years I have recently come across HD brows!! I visited the website & after watching the demo I was left with my mouth open, totally fascinated!!! Has anyone done the training or had their brows done???? The training is rather expensive so I really want to make sure it's totally worth it!!! Thanks gus :confused:

Does anyone have any before and after pics of these please?Xx

I do threading waxing tinting , you name it ! recentley took on illah brows ...which is a semi-permanent powder that you can use after waxing plucking ect. Has a fabulous effect and for less the price!! would definatley recommend using this product if unsure about spending the money on courses, products ect for the hd's
All my clients so far have absolutley loved the effect , sweat proof , water proof and mineral based so can be used aswell as waxing. Also comes with stencils, brushes ect so your clients can carry on the effect from home, result!!

jane xx

Thanks for clearing that up for me.....

I am a HD Brow stylist and think that everyone bad mouthing the brand should keep quiet until they know what they are slating. HD Brows r the was forward and the difference in the techniques u learn are phenomenal compared to any other training in the world. It is also illegal to use any other products with HD products that are not HD branded therefore u are breaching HD Vows and are illegally calling treatments a HD Brow. Is is worth every penny and more, I would have paid double and the training is out of this world. The secret all makes sense! Nobody can match a HD Brow unless they are a HD Brow stylist!

I am a HD Brow stylist and think that everyone bad mouthing the brand should keep quiet until they know what they are slating. HD Brows r the was forward and the difference in the techniques u learn are phenomenal compared to any other training in the world. It is also illegal to use any other products with HD products that are not HD branded therefore u are breaching HD Vows and are illegally calling treatments a HD Brow. Is is worth every penny and more, I would have paid double and the training is out of this world. The secret all makes sense! Nobody can match a HD Brow unless they are a HD Brow stylist!

Illegal??!! Lol
I did actually ask if it was ok to use my own wax and was told that they would rather I didn't but it wasn't a no. I use everything else HD but I'm not prepared to use the wax as it is too harsh on the skin.
As for saying nobody can match a HD Brow unless they are a HD Brow stylist, as I said before, that's a load of crap!
I am actually an advocate for HD Brows but I am under no illusion that it is a secret treatment or that no-one else can produce these brows-they can and they have.
I guess it depends who you trained with in the first place. I know a lot of therapists who were taught never to wax above the brow and blah blah blah, but I've always waxed above the brow.
How do you think Nilam got to do these brows in the first place? Oh yes, it's because that's how she has always done them, the same as a lot of other therapists have always done them. Do you honestly think she was the only therapist ever to do this shape and that she made this shape up? That is a little naive.
The advertising is great, the brand looks great and therapists have done really well out of it but let's not kid ourselves that you can't do the shape unless you've done their training!

Illegal??!! Lol
I did actually ask if it was ok to use my own wax and was told that they would rather I didn't but it wasn't a no. I use everything else HD but I'm not prepared to use the wax as it is too harsh on the skin.
As for saying nobody can match a HD Brow unless they are a HD Brow stylist, as I said before, that's a load of crap!
I am actually an advocate for HD Brows but I am under no illusion that it is a secret treatment or that no-one else can produce these brows-they can and they have.
I guess it depends who you trained with in the first place. I know a lot of therapists who were taught never to wax above the brow and blah blah blah, but I've always waxed above the brow.
How do you think Nilam got to do these brows in the first place? Oh yes, it's because that's how she has always done them, the same as a lot of other therapists have always done them. Do you honestly think she was the only therapist ever to do this shape and that she made this shape up? That is a little naive.
The advertising is great, the brand looks great and therapists have done really well out of it but let's not kid ourselves that you can't do the shape unless you've done their training!

Ditto

Yes actually illegal. U can be sued by the brand and have your qualification takn away from you. U obviously took nothing in from ur training or brand guidelines! Anyone thinkin of doin the course should go ahead as people like this are giving the brand a bad name. The more HD Brow stylists then the more these people can b proven wrong!

Yes actually illegal. U can be sued by the brand and have your qualification takn away from you. U obviously took nothing in from ur training or brand guidelines! Anyone thinkin of doin the course should go ahead as people like this are giving the brand a bad name. The more HD Brow stylists then the more these people can b proven wrong!

If you read what Angelina221 has posted she is for HD brows and has been in touch with them about the wax she uses.
I think if HD brows themselves did not say this was 'illegal' then it will not be.

It is great to be enthusiastic about a brand, and we love a good discussion on here, but we do like people to post accurately and factually....politely would be a bonus ;)

Why are you panicking so much? I agree you are being very naive. If you are confident you give such a unique and outstanding service, you shouldn't need to worry about anyone slating the service.

It is good to have healthy debates.

You only have to look at the old filmstars to see that make up artists/beauticians have been doing eyebrows the Hd style since the 40s the shape and strength of colour is nothing new.
Like any fashion it will also change especially as not everyone can wear such a strong eyebrow it wont be long before we are back to the Brooke Shields shaggy look of the 80s.

I think some people need to get over themselves!

I had an HD brow two weeks ago and despite hearing about this magical process, I didn't get the full however many steps it should be, she waxed, tweezed, trimmed, tinted and applied makeup but didn't thread, I had to point out some hairs that were missed and despite asking for a dark colour with NO red pigment I felt they were a bit ginger.

I have since been a model for SPMU at Nouveau (yesterday) and love my new brows.

Having said that, I feel the marketing behind the brand is excellent and that is partly why it is such a success.

Like I said you can be trained by the best using the best but if you don't cut it you don't cut it ! I tried them but thought they looked awful, like it had a permant marker on them, another person might try with a different tech and they might be fab ! You can give a hairdresser a £1000 of scissors, it doesn't mean they automatically turn into Vidal sassons ! X

HD Brow training is not for everyone so if your not trained dont slate and if you are you should back it.

People can argue and disagree all day long but we dont all have to agree, this industry would be pretty boring if we all used the same products and techniques.

Xx

If you care to take a look at the countless other threads that I have contributed to regarding HD Brows, you will see that I am all in favour of the course.
What annoys me intensely is people banging on about other therapists not being able to achieve this shape without doing the HD Brows course.
This is incredibly insulting to therapists who are more than capable of doing the HD Brow shape and have done so for a long time.
I am always honest with my replies and say things as they are. I am not going to lie.
There are people, probably like yourself, who have maybe not had great training in the first place and so when they do the course they learn something new, for them. It is not new to a lot of therapists though and to say that experienced therapists don't know about brows unless they have been on this course, is quite frankly downright rude.

You only have to look at the old filmstars to see that make up artists/beauticians have been doing eyebrows the Hd style since the 40s the shape and strength of colour is nothing new.
Like any fashion it will also change especially as not everyone can wear such a strong eyebrow it wont be long before we are back to the Brooke Shields shaggy look of the 80s.

Did anyone see Kiera Knightly on he red carpet yesterday? Not quite shaggy brows, more like tamed shaggy.

Did anyone see Kiera Knightly on he red carpet yesterday? Not quite shaggy brows, more like tamed shaggy.

No i didn't but i did catch TOWIE last night and if anyone is going to kill off the HD trend its those girls.It wouldnt be so bad if any of them had a matching pair, very strange look, i must be getting old.:).

Don't get me started on towie ! Lydia's lashes are getting wonky'er every bleeding episode !

Latest posts

Back