Help!! - Coverage powders not covering

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherubs

Reaction score
I know it's something i'm doing wrong as it happens with every coverage powder that i've been trying :cry::cry: it's just not covering my free edges totally, or am I just being too fussy expecting the powders to cover fully? but isn't this what they're supposed to do!
I've sat this morning trying to work this out and my heads spinning :|:| I've got nails on all with different powders and none of them look any good :cry:

I've tried Creative Warm & Neutral
NSI Purely Pink Mask
Young Nails Frosted
Ezflow
(all with the correct liquids)!

Like I said I know it's something i'm doing wrong as lots of you use these powders with success, I just don't know what it is??

Any help or advice is really appreciated :hug:

using them with a drier mix ratio helps to concentrate the colour and provides better cover.

You could be working too wet with the powders if they are not giving the coverage that they should be hth

Ditto, I apply coverage powders to zone 2 and feather out in zone three and use a mix of coverage and my normal pink to blend to nat nail when growing out.
I also sometimes apply a really thin layer of coverage to whole nail first, then do my smile then use sheer pink to soften the coverage.

Thanks :hug: You know I was thinking that, I think I do tend to work quite wet as this was how I was originally trained :rolleyes:
Ok i'm off to try working dryer :hug:

Hi Hun,
Yes I too think you are working too wet. I am sure with the drier mix ratio you wil have sucess.
Lets us know how it goes, good luck.
Lotsa luv x :hug:

I just thought i'd let you all know how I got on :eek:

Much better coverage and so much easier to control too :):):)

Just waiting for the next hiccup now :lol:

yey ! well dne.:)

I know it's something i'm doing wrong as it happens with every coverage powder that i've been trying :cry::cry: it's just not covering my free edges totally, or am I just being too fussy expecting the powders to cover fully? but isn't this what they're supposed to do!
I've sat this morning trying to work this out and my heads spinning :|:| I've got nails on all with different powders and none of them look any good :cry:

I've tried Creative Warm & Neutral
NSI Purely Pink Mask
Young Nails Frosted
Ezflow
(all with the correct liquids)!

Like I said I know it's something i'm doing wrong as lots of you use these powders with success, I just don't know what it is??

Any help or advice is really appreciated :hug:

Hi Honey

I find with the Young Nails Frosted pink that if I add a little Blushing girl or sissy salmon the this dose the job fine

Hope this Helps
X

If you expect it then it WILL happen, the past is the past, you now know what you're doing re opaque powders and you can only get better because of it :hug:

dont think negative flower - be positive - you WILL GET THERE, we were all at your point, at one stage in our career, but overcame it

POSITIVE THOUGHTS :hug:

ive actually been reminded about positive thinking tonight by my very good pal, and she knows what she talking about - im now back up there - positive thoughts all around, and it REALLY does work

if you do pick up your coverage bead and its too wet dab off the liquid from the back of your brush you want it more of a play-do consistancy.
gemxx

I've tried mixing a little of the metallic red with the frosted, wasn't quite right and I wasn't too keen on the shimmer it gave it. I don't have the 2 colours you suggested but I do have the pastel collection by Ezflow, would you say they are similar to Sweet Pea and Gladiolas?? (if you have them)?

Hi Honey

I find with the Young Nails Frosted pink that if I add a little Blushing girl or sissy salmon the this dose the job fine

Hope this Helps
X

Latest posts

Back