Help- dilemma what should i do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emerald

Reaction score
Hi i am currently mobile (doing makeup, spray tanning, nails, manicures, pedicures) but i have agreed to take on a room in a place on a % basis. They said to help me out they would do the pricelist for me, now i have been in and discussed the pricelist and what i said has been totally disreguarded and i have been left with a pricelist with random treatments on that i dont even do and it is awful colour. I have told them i dont like it but they have yet to write back, i feel upset like an employee not a business renting somewhere. I dont know whether i have made a big mistake. Pm if you want to see pricelist and give feedback.:cry:

Would it not be better if you did the price list yourself?? It sounds a bit like they want an employee but without all the hardships.

Stand your ground if you decide to go ahead! Have you signed a contract yet??

Thanks for the pm.

Eugh, have to agree not very well designed at all not a massive fan of those greens, but not as bad as it could have been! She hasn't included all your services either.

Basically tell it to her straight- thank her for her pricelist but say you want to use your own promotional material and prices it is important for you to be able to continue self employed and mobile if you so wish. A discrepancy in your prices will also make working in two places hard. If she wants to run the show then you will not actually be self employed or in control which is obviously what you want.:hug:

:irked:Thanks weezie, the green is bad. i wouldnt mind but i had actually spent an hour going thru the prices and what i do but obviously wasted my breath. SHe hasnt emailed back when i said i didnt like it and would rather do my own pricelist

Would it not be better if you did the price list yourself?? It sounds a bit like they want an employee but without all the hardships.

Stand your ground if you decide to go ahead! Have you signed a contract yet??
Havent signed contract yet no, but maent to start saturday

I haven't seen the proce list but the green maybe came from your business name.

When I was renting I always provided all my own promotional material, products, yellow pages, everything apart from booking which the salon girls did as and when clients rang up. I don't think that in the eyes of the tax man you'd be truly self-employed if this wasn't the case.

Good luck when you speak to them about it :hug:.

the green came from there name the whole page is tinged green

If all you are doing is renting a space from her, I can't see why she is sticking her nose in, oops I mean "helping" produce the fliers. It's your business and treatments so stick to your guns.

Hi Emerald Alarm bells are ringing here - This has to be sorted before you start otherwise you could have interference all the way along. I am a fan of paying a set rent and keeping things separate but I know that a lot of people pay a percentage. It must be very clear about what this means to both of you. It sounds like she wants an employee without the full implications. Hope it resolves for you. :hug:

Hi I can see why you feel like an employee and not your own business - you are just renting space off her, even in a percentage situation. If I was letting space on a percentage basis I would expect the therapist to provide pricelists etc and decide on her own treatments.

Perhaps you could ask her if she will be sorting out your tax and national insurance because if you are carrying out treatments that she has decided then technically you are like an employee - she may see sense and hand the reins back over to you.

Update. I decided not 2 take on the beauty room, i emailed the woman and told her 2 forget it, thanks for all the replies it helped me a lot. I realised i did not want to rent off someone that wants to take over

I think you have done well to sort out the niggly things and finally make a decision thats right for yourself! I recently visited another centre (a new place just opened) although the place was out of this world, there was something quite not right about it, i couldn't put my finger on it but decided against it quite quickly. If you have a gut feeling then stick with it and find somewhere else! I'm sure something will come along, they say good things come to them that wait xx good luck:hug:

I'm glad you came to a decision that you are happy with, I bet that's a big weight off your mind. :hug:

Latest posts

Back