HELP I'm addicted to training!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedAdmiral

Reaction score
You may think this is funny but I am seriously addicted to training!
I have just been offered a place on an amazing training week with CND to do all my masters in one go and I'm sooo broke! have no clue how I'm gonna fund it but I'm determined that I'm going to be there. I will beg, borrow or steal to go and have even considered selling my Gucci collection on ebay :smack: Havent told Himself yet He thinks I'm nuts!
Anyway I just wanted to know if you think this is normal cos I'm starting to wonder if I have some psychological disorder...............:rolleyes: Will it ever end? Will I ever own a house or get married?

You may think this is funny but I am seriously addicted to training!
I have just been offered a place on an amazing training week with CND to do all my masters in one go and I'm sooo broke! have no clue how I'm gonna fund it but I'm determined that I'm going to be there. I will beg, borrow or steal to go and have even considered selling my Gucci collection on ebay :smack: Havent told Himself yet He thinks I'm nuts!
Anyway I just wanted to know if you think this is normal cos I'm starting to wonder if I have some psychological disorder...............:rolleyes: Will it ever end? Will I ever own a house or get married?

I know how you feel. Feels a bit that way to me at the moment too. I'm wondering if my earnings will ever outweigh what I'm spending!! Far, far away from any masters courses though, so yes, go for it if you've got the opportunity. I would..

WOW thats a fantastic opportunity even if you are paying for it.
I love training in the beauty industry and if it were not for the financial side of things I think I would be classed as a "JUNKIE".
So I don't think you have a problem lol education education and more can never be enough in my mind and plus you have worked hard to get to the level you are at now so why wouldn't you want to become the best at what you do, I know I strive for that (in my own little world)

The best of luck to you enjoy. xx

not the response I was looking for :lol: I know its all about oppurtunity and being better which will eventually make me a millionnaire but I'm 7 yrs in and not a yr goes by when I dont learn anything - its something I pride myself on but my friends def think I'm a nutjob who'd rather sit in a classroom than have an extra holiday!

This may not be the place to confirm your addiction as we are all obviously in denial, but 7 years in lol maybe you could start up a AA type group for Beauty & Nails Training Junkies,
I will become your first member -

Here goes I never thought I`d be doing this

"My name is Karen and I am a training addict"

That feels much better.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: xxx

if i was you id get your gucci stuff sold you sound like you want the training more so id go for it, you can never do to much training :green:

not the response I was looking for :lol: I know its all about oppurtunity and being better which will eventually make me a millionnaire but I'm 7 yrs in and not a yr goes by when I dont learn anything - its something I pride myself on but my friends def think I'm a nutjob who'd rather sit in a classroom than have an extra holiday!

You go for it hun! If you really want to do it, then you will find a way :) Personally I too love learning and education (just finshed CND Foundation and have just enrolled as a hairdressing apprentice for 2 years to run alongside :green:) and I love this quote by
B.B King
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you"

And Nike "just do it!"

:green:

xx

hi Good luck with your masters course.. Hope i will be good enough in a few years to beable to do that too lol... xx

I can't believe you have just started this thread... Just 20 mins ago I was having a quick sneeky look at your profile (OMG I just love your work and your salon is GORGEOUS) anyway, I was thinking " wow this girl has SOOO much training and was just sitting here feeling bad that I've only done a few courses and thinking it's time I got more training under my belt. I think it's brilliant you want more .. I'm jelous! (in a nice way of course):hug:

I completetly understand, untill recently (divorce) I was completly addictied to training, I am getting withdrawel symptoms now, sell your stuff and go for it:)

I luuuurrrvvve learning!

I attend about 4 courses a year, keeps me fresh and in love with what I do.

the night before a course I can't sleep I'm so excited!

I've got 2 training days lined up for November as I'm having product training for my body/skincare range! Won't sleep for a week! :green:

I woke up this morning with a huge smile on my face and real excitement in my belly about going off for a week and coming back laden with certs and CND knowledge that is priceless!
I will catalogue my goods but hopefully it will NEVER come to that!!!:Scared:

"My name is Karen and I am a training addict"

I'm loving this... I would have no shame in admitting this!

Also the Nike quote says it all really doesn't it? What are you waiting for... 'Just do it'. :green:

Latest posts

Back