Help LA Tan sprayed over Sienna x is this person trained and using the right solution

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cezziebear

Reaction score
Hi geeks

any advice you can give would be really helpful also i need to have a rant!!:mad:

i shall start at the begining :eek: i trained with Sienna on sunday and it was good, but due to lack of funds i bought the LA Tanning kit (it was £239) all the tans i've done so far have been really good, even if i do day so myself,:lol: the people i've taned have had compliment and given my number out all good.... so here's one of my problems local salons are charging £25 for a full body so i thought mobile i'll do £20, an party's hostess free with 5 or 6 guests £15 each ..... then a local girl is advertising full body £10 sienna x spray tan, in her home salon...i was a bit gutted then on face book a friend said they had a local girl who charges £10 full body in a party it was ok but one womans legs was white .. i didnt think nothing of the whiteness only how am i going to get clients an pay petrol at £10 a tan :rolleyes:

well i went to curry club in weatherspoons and i seen a friend and she said how was your hol lovely colour ..so i told her it was fake spray tan i said i do tanning have a party for me, yeah no prob she said .. my daughter was with me and she said as she had one (yes she was one of the first ones i sprayed after the course LA TAn 8% looks nice she's 13:lol:) so she loved her colour off she went to have food .....
as we were leaving we were outside and we got talking she's fairly pale and she went to the girl who charges £10 and she said she had the sienna 16% it looked awful she was a pale orange patchy and well she just looked bad the only way i can describe the colour was a dirty orange watery colour if tha makes sense, it looked all runny down her leg..

so after tha really long story my questions are

1. should i stick with my £20 (i think i know what i'm gonna do which is £20 but drop it if i don get any tans in my area i think it be easier to drop rather than to put up)

2. would a sienna 16% be tha light when its sprayed on cos mine was well dark when i had mine on sunday an my daughters was although it was a different brand she only had 8%

3. could she be saying she's using sienna but actually be using a different brand!

4. if my friend wants a respray 2mor would it be ok to tan over this so called sienna with LA Tanning i've told her about the disco ( they going fancy dress as the jackson 5 so she wanst to be really dark lol !!)

sorry about the really long essay but if she's saying she's using sienna an i'm trying to promote sienna and LA Tan (i've ordered some sienna now gonna try using the two brands so i can be a bit different to the salons) an they go to her and its C***P they not gonna have much faith in my sienna products are they i'm sooo P****d off :mad:

Hi geeks

any advice you can give would be really helpful also i need to have a rant!!:mad:

i shall start at the begining :eek: i trained with Sienna on sunday and it was good, but due to lack of funds i bought the LA Tanning kit (it was £239) all the tans i've done so far have been really good, even if i do day so myself,:lol: the people i've taned have had compliment and given my number out all good.... so here's one of my problems local salons are charging £25 for a full body so i thought mobile i'll do £20, an party's hostess free with 5 or 6 guests £15 each ..... then a local girl is advertising full body £10 sienna x spray tan, in her home salon...i was a bit gutted then on face book a friend said they had a local girl who charges £10 full body in a party it was ok but one womans legs was white .. i didnt think nothing of the whiteness only how am i going to get clients an pay petrol at £10 a tan :rolleyes:

well i went to curry club in weatherspoons and i seen a friend and she said how was your hol lovely colour ..so i told her it was fake spray tan i said i do tanning have a party for me, yeah no prob she said .. my daughter was with me and she said as she had one (yes she was one of the first ones i sprayed after the course LA TAn 8% looks nice she's 13:lol:) so she loved her colour off she went to have food .....
as we were leaving we were outside and we got talking she's fairly pale and she went to the girl who charges £10 and she said she had the sienna 16% it looked awful she was a pale orange patchy and well she just looked bad the only way i can describe the colour was a dirty orange watery colour if tha makes sense, it looked all runny down her leg..

so after tha really long story my questions are

1. should i stick with my £20 (i think i know what i'm gonna do which is £20 but drop it if i don get any tans in my area i think it be easier to drop rather than to put up)

2. would a sienna 16% be tha light when its sprayed on cos mine was well dark when i had mine on sunday an my daughters was although it was a different brand she only had 8%

3. could she be saying she's using sienna but actually be using a different brand!

4. if my friend wants a respray 2mor would it be ok to tan over this so called sienna with LA Tanning i've told her about the disco ( they going fancy dress as the jackson 5 so she wanst to be really dark lol !!)

sorry about the really long essay but if she's saying she's using sienna an i'm trying to promote sienna and LA Tan (i've ordered some sienna now gonna try using the two brands so i can be a bit different to the salons) an they go to her and its C***P they not gonna have much faith in my sienna products are they i'm sooo P****d off :mad:
I would stick to £20 I trained with sienna 12% is quite dark I haven't used 16 but read up and can go orange on fair skin. might be a bit dodgy spraying over a bad tan.

if she wants it i'll explain tha it prob wont be the best what else make me think she's using a different brand is tha she said she goes everyweek an she didnt look like umm brown, tangoed which i would expect her to be given her colouring an the amount she's been spayed with she just looked odd !! :rolleyes:

Hi I use Sienna at the moment (sampling some others to have a 2nd solution alongside sienna) I have used all % the 16 is a lovely deep brown and looks especially fab on darker skin tonned peeps although I have sprayed a fair skinned girl with it and she loved it, I would always recommend you go by what you were taught about matching solution to the skin tone, there could be several reasons why this girl had a patchy run looking tan but the first thing that springs to mind to me is ... did she get caught in the rain even if it was a quick dash to the car .... did she spill liquid on herself ? this would have caused the tan to have a run effect on the skin, Was it applied with too much solution ie gun turned up too much so going on wet then it will run on application if this was the case it would also present a case of DHA overload reulting in an orange look. I would not spray over this as you cannot patch a badly damaged tan up ask her to use baby oil prior to showering to help remove the tan exfoliate then come to you for a tan. Oh and I wouldnt change my prices if you are a good tan tech then your reputation will speak for you.

i don think she got caught in the rain as she had it today an we've had lovely weather, as for tipping something on her i didnt mention anything about the other tan but i did say i heard this girl was doing tanning an wondered what it was like an she just lifted up her trousers (they were really lose like pj's) an said this is it, i didnt comment on it as i don think it would be fair to but she didnt say she's tipped anything on it:rolleyes:

your right i'm gonna concentrate on my tan's an charge £20 hopefully if she keeps messing her tans up mine will look even better i was just worried tha if sh's saying she's using sienna an she's not then it will make my products look bad do you see what i mean sorry if i'm not explaining myself very clearly :hug:

No I understand what your saying and agree to an extent ..... but what I am trying to say is that if you as a good tan tech are using the same product but spraying top tans then who is going to get the most clients .... people will soon realise and put it down to the fact that the other tech is really not up to scratch with her application, also a lot of the responsibility is down to the client on prep & aftercare some clients just cant be bothered and therefore dont get the best out of a tan and are so quick to blame the tech, just carry on promoting yourself the proof is in the pudding. Good Luck hun. xx

No I understand what your saying and agree to an extent ..... but what I am trying to say is that if you as a good tan tech are using the same product but spraying top tans then who is going to get the most clients .... people will soon realise and put it down to the fact that the other tech is really not up to scratch with her application, also a lot of the responsibility is down to the client on prep & aftercare some clients just cant be bothered and therefore dont get the best out of a tan and are so quick to blame the tech, just carry on promoting yourself the proof is in the pudding. Good Luck hun. xx

I have to say I fully agree here(tried to rep you but need to spread some :Love::hug:)

The thing is its far to easy to drop prices when there is competition about but just remember it is very difficult to raise them again later.

There really is no point in going down this avenue in this specific case in that if the other therapist is making such a bad job the customers ,in the longer term ,will all start to drift over to you anyway.

This may take a bit of time until word gets out how good you are but when it does it will start to escalate relatively quickly.

People will,generally speaking,prefer to pay that little more to have a job well done....especially when it comes to beauty treatments.

Best to simply ride the storm...keep doing what you do which is a good job and time will prove you to be the successful one.

HTH :hug:

hiya thanks

i decided to keep mine at £20 becuase in may area an i suppose in many others that its easier to drop the price rather than raise it, well i've had some good news my friend phoned me earlier an she is booking a tan with me next friday when the one the £10 lady has done has worn off so its all looking good i just gonna make sure mine is flawless, oh an her sister is aving one 2 so thats 2 new clinets i'm so happy, but i must say thanks to all the geeks on here cos i'm forever reading the threads and it really dose help :hug:

big :hug:'s and love an sunshie to you all :lol: x x x

Hi

I tried the LA Gold out on one client & my daughter.. They love the colour. I was amazed myself lol... hth x

Latest posts

Back