help me with my french gel glitters....:(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niksaki

Reaction score
ok ok...i know there are a million glitter threads!
however i have been trying to do this for almost two years now and all ined up with is a great big mess and really thick zone ones! :cry:
tell me how you do your french glitter gels please!
* mix with your gel?
* get a some gel then dab in glitter?
* any other ideas? im sick of them looking so thick they are awful!
Nic :) :)

I've tried two different ways.

1) mixing glitter with the gel, curing then applying more clear gel over top. No worries of filing off the glitter. Very easy to apply, less mess than the 2nd. No worries about filing off the glitter. Sometimes makes enhancement thicker than you'd like IF you didn't thin it enough in the first place.
2) curing a layer of gel, and dabbing the glitter onto the dispersion layer with a brush dipped in gel. Applying self leveling gel over it, then curing. Denser coverage. Very messy to contend with and more time-consuming than no 1. Have to take care not to file away the glitter. Provides a thinner enhancement.

I prefer no 1.

hth's:hug:

#1 for moi!! Glitter tips rock!!!!:) Keep practising. I use a dotting tool to apply the glitter as it works better than a brush. You don't even need to swipe the smile line! It is faster than applying white gel. Good luck!

thanks gorgeous ladies i will try again. :lol:

Hello everyone, hope you are all geeky!!!

Just wanted to know if you can use glitters and things with l&p?
I think they look great, I have not used gels before.

Yup, with L&P too.

I'm wondering how ti's done with a dotter though???

Can I see pics of this?

thanks!

Victoria

Just use your dotting/marblizing tool to tease and float the gel to exactly where you want it. You will see for yourself how easy it is and the results are amazing. I used to mix my glitter in small trial size pots but now I just mix it on wax paper as I need it, this way I don't have pots of glitter gel sitting around. I do have a few of the more popular pots mixed up. Give it a whirl!

waxprincess

Here was my first glitter fade. I put the glitter in my modeling gel and then put it on really thin. Then I put a thin layer of clear gel over the top. You can file right into the glitter with out many problems. Then put a top gloss on it.

When i do my glitter tips with gel, i apply my first thin layer of gel then cure, apply my second builder layer to zone 2 and manipulate to zone 3 then i wipe the excess off my brush and create a smile on my tip wiping off gel so if you turn to view the nail to the side there would be a ledge, so ive got my apex built but only a thin layer of gel on the tip, cure then pick up a small bead of gel and dip into my glitter. cure. then apply my clear gel. cure. file and shape then appy my finishing gloss. This way although sounds a little complicated is really easy and mess free and better still no thick tip!

Hope this makes sense! :hug:

When i do my glitter tips with gel, i apply my first thin layer of gel then cure, apply my second builder layer to zone 2 and manipulate to zone 3 then i wipe the excess off my brush and create a smile on my tip wiping off gel so if you turn to view the nail to the side there would be a ledge, so ive got my apex built but only a thin layer of gel on the tip, cure then pick up a small bead of gel and dip into my glitter. cure. then apply my clear gel. cure. file and shape then appy my finishing gloss. This way although sounds a little complicated is really easy and mess free and better still no thick tip!

Hope this makes sense! :hug:

this sounds like a good idea actually, i use to do this when i first started as my tips were way to thick, just wondering though for the people who first get a ball of gel then dip into glitter how dense does the glitter come out? i want a really GLITTERY look not just a little bit of sparkle. thanks i appreciate it. nic

I try not to pick up too much glitter on the ball of gel. I do one layer cure, then pick up a bead and glitter again. So ive got two thin layers with enough glitter. To make it dense i mix the glitter with my gel in a dappen dish, Just enough for the set im doing so im not wasting gel.

I use Brisa gel and this works for me.
I apply a thin layer of gel all over the nail as usual.
I mix my glitter with my top gloss and apply to the tip which keeps it really thin. I then carry on as usual with my sculpting gel and build the apex as usual. HTH

Victoria

I used to mix my glitter in small trial size pots but now I just mix it on wax paper as I need it, this way I don't have pots of glitter gel sitting around. I do have a few of the more popular pots mixed up. Give it a whirl!

Good idea!

I use Brisa gel and this works for me.
I apply a thin layer of gel all over the nail as usual.
I mix my glitter with my top gloss and apply to the tip which keeps it really thin. I then carry on as usual with my sculpting gel and build the apex as usual. HTH

I do this too. Another way I do this is build the nail as normal keeping the tip thin. Swipe a very thin layer of top gloss in a smile across the tip, dip in glitter, tidy along the smile line using my dual tool, cure, add top gloss coat over whole nail, cure, voila!

I did this on my nails yesterday and am really pleased with my smiles.:green:

Latest posts

Back