***HELP PLEASE! my HVLP shadez tanning gun is leaking! ***

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerry-Ann

Reaction score
I have just bought a Shadez tanning machine, and done my first tan- very well actually! :) but the cup is leaking tanning solution from the top where it twists on... I've tried twisting it tighter, and I've been really careful to ensure the seal is secure, but I'm still getting tan everywhere! Has anyone else had a similar problem? If not I'll have to send it back but they're so slow at delivering I'd rather try to rectify the problem first...

I have just bought a Shadez tanning machine, and done my first tan- very well actually! :) but the cup is leaking tanning solution from the top where it twists on... I've tried twisting it tighter, and I've been really careful to ensure the seal is secure, but I'm still getting tan everywhere! Has anyone else had a similar problem? If not I'll have to send it back but they're so slow at delivering I'd rather try to rectify the problem first...

You will have to get in touch with your supplier flower. I trained a lady not so long ago that brought the same machine to train with and we had the same problem, it did leak quite a bit actually, my floor is laminate and it wiped up without a problem but it would be a problem on carpeted flooring. It may be something as simple as having too much liquid in the cup.. ??

Good luck .. I hope you can get it sorted :)

There has been a few posts on the geek about probs with that machine.

Do a search hun, you might find a thread already on it...

xx

or it could be shaking the cup about too much when tanning
i did this once and couldnt work out why it was dripping a lot,
i learnt to keep my wrist still and move my arm lol
hth xx

Make sure it is done up tightly, don't tip the cup and don't fill it too full. Why not tie a sandwich bag over the cup just in case you don't remember to do all these things. :hug:

Ah thank you girls, loving the sandwich bag idea, at least that will keep me going if it turns out I do need a replacement... How much liquid should I be putting in my cup? I was using less than 100mls, but needed to top up before I finished the tan! (although a lot of that was lost to the floor! :confused: )

HI. yes. I have this problem with mine. It seems like there is a gap in the gasket where it fits onto the bottle. She will try to help you if you contact her.

I have sometimes put a little bag over it so that it does not drip onto the carpet, but it doesn't solve the problem.

HI. yes. I have this problem with mine. It seems like there is a gap in the gasket where it fits onto the bottle. She will try to help you if you contact her.

I have sometimes put a little bag over it so that it does not drip onto the carpet, but it doesn't solve the problem.

She sent me a replacement gasket but it didn't fit and I couldn't get the bottle to go on. So I am going to try to resolve the problem myself. until then i will be using a bag.

She will try to help you though.

She sent me a replacement gasket but it didn't fit and I couldn't get the bottle to go on. So I am going to try to resolve the problem myself. until then i will be using a bag.

She will try to help you though.

This needs looking at if its a design fault.. dripping from the bottle is just not acceptable. I would be worried to death in a clients home using this if there was a possibility of dripping. I wouldn't ask for a replacement as soon as possible from your supplier and using a bag over the bottle might be a temporary fix.. but it can't look very professional??

exactly, I'll call them today. On the bright side though, i've just switched from Naturasun to Tantrick! can't wait to have it delivered! woo hooo! x

Last edited:
I had this problem with mine and contacted Shadez and he told me there had been a problem at the manufacturers and the threads were too small or something. Anyway, he is posting me out a new cup and Im just waiting for it to arrive. Give hime aring or send him a message on here. xxx

thanks carrie im sorry about all the problems with the cups ! yes we are a small company but i would not say that out customer service was shocking as i dont know of the problems till you contact me ! i have spoke to my suplier who has told me the cups we manufactured with the wrong thread !! if you want new cups for the units please ask.

Ah thank you girls, loving the sandwich bag idea, at least that will keep me going if it turns out I do need a replacement... How much liquid should I be putting in my cup? I was using less than 100mls, but needed to top up before I finished the tan! (although a lot of that was lost to the floor! :confused: )

I don't thing it apropriate or fair for me to pass comment on your machine itself(although I would strongly reccomend you contact your supplier and request a complete new gun be sent out to you today) however I couldn't but help noticing your using in excess of 100mls per spraytan.

This is a lot more than you should be using and therefore you could well be loosing profit and potentialy oversprayed customers etc.

Have you had proper training as yet???

Good luck with solving your machine problem..:hug:

Yes over 100ml is a lot. I only put 100ml into my cup and am using 40ml per tan, but am aiming to get to about 30ml but I am new to this so am happy with 40ml at the moment.

Can I please ask if your spraying with yoru machine vertical or horizontal as I have had mine set to horizontal but have just found out that maybe that is wrong from spraying down the body - oops lol. I havent had any complaints though. xxx

Are you sure it is the pot and not from the trigger, on mine there is a nut that you have to tighten now and again (me thinks design fault) but any way i was losing loads of liquid i also thought from pot then i remembered what they said when i purchased it i tighten the nut and bingo no more leaks.

i have used this machine and it is fine. as long as you do not over fill and be very careful when screwing the cap on it will not leak. it is a very good little machine when used correctly.

Thanks for all your help geeks, I have contacted Shadez, and there is a problem with the most recent batch sent out. All sorted now, new one on the way! Other than this little hitch it is a wonderful machine - love it ! :smack: xxx

Yes over 100ml is a lot. I only put 100ml into my cup and am using 40ml per tan, but am aiming to get to about 30ml but I am new to this so am happy with 40ml at the moment.

Can I please ask if your spraying with yoru machine vertical or horizontal as I have had mine set to horizontal but have just found out that maybe that is wrong from spraying down the body - oops lol. I havent had any complaints though. xxx

It should be vertical for spraying up and down :hug:

Latest posts

Back