Help! Problem With Spray Tan Cup Spillage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniR

Reaction score
Hi, I have been spraying for just over a year. I am now self employed and things are steady for me at mo. I went and done a client yesterday and the screw on cup is leaking from the top. I have tightened it - loosened it - tryed all sorts of things but it is still leaking. WOT CAN I DO!:cry:
I have a T100 HVLP.
Min

Best thing to do is contact your original supplier, and see if they can supply you an new cup.

Hello

have you tried plumbers tape it is a white streachie tape that is water proof plumbers use it and you can get it at B&Q not dear you get a small roll and it last for ages :)

Just wrapp it round the bottle where you scre it in you may have to renew it when you use it but it will not leak

Alternatively you may need to spring for a new one (no pun intended) :cry:

regards Catherine

I had this problem and use the same as Catherine - you need to ask for PTFE tape - just make sure to wrap it around in the right direction - you don't want to be screwing the bottle onto the gun and have it unravel the tape!

Jackie

I use a small sandwich bag around mine to make sure it doesn't leak. Also make sure you hold it upright. :hug:

It sound as the seal has gone, on some guns if you try to tighten too much they pop, once poped they will screw on but when you get near the tighten range then will open.

plumbers tape is a temp solution

also when spraying because it will not be completely airtight it will leak from the top.

give me a call i will send you out a new cup and seal this will solve the problem xx pm me your number or il call you. x

hi
used to have this problem aswell and tried new cup, new seal and tape
i found the only way to stop this was to only put the amount of tan needed for that application in the cup. never fill it and try keep it as straight as possible.
hope this helps
ciara

Girls Girls Girls!!!! You should never have to use tape on your equipment!!!:eek:

Best thing to do is contact your supplier sounds like there is a fault to me.

Sounds like you need a new cup. I had this problem tried alsorts to correct it then on closer inspection the top of the cup had worn sligtly so that was causing the problem. Lucky I had other cups.

I would change the washer in the cup lid and buy a new cup pronto! The thead has more than likely worn down.

Prevention is better than cure and take it from someone who knows, tan solution spillage is not easy to clean up!! ... :eek:

Latest posts

Back