Help!!!..sudden lifting and young nails pink

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riss

Reaction score
Hi! I am currently using Young Nails products and recently switched over from Creative. I loved Creative, but had heard a lot of good things about YN so decided to give it a go. A few questions...my clients typically have no lifting with the protein bond for the first 2-3 months, but after that, they have horrible lifting! I have watched my prep and still am baffled! I have "heard" that the nails can become immune to primers and such? Anyone know anything about this?
Also, I love the variety of pinks and whites that CND offers...Young Nails doesn't have all of those options. Anybody know a nice pink that YN has? I DO NOT like their frosted pink or plain pink! I like a little more of an intense pink...something not to milky looking. Any help would be sooo appreciated! I am frustrated! :)

Sounds like your answer could be to change back to CND... you seemed to like everything about that product and not much of the YN.

I agree with Mel .. what is the point of struggling along (and more importanly loosing clients) using a product that is not performing the way you are used to.

NOTHING but the most extraordinary product that out performed what I use would make me switch.

The day I see anything that out lasts or out performs CND will be the day I change to another line.

I agree. Your answer will be to change back unless you want to invest further in YN-education, as it seem like you got on well with CND.
And if it's the variety of colors in YN that caught your eye, just remember that you can create almost any color yourself with CND. And CND works fabulous with the glitter YN does (the ones just glitter and not powder)

Hi I would change back as Creative offer more options.. xx

Have you looked at the MSDS sheets on these products? I find those really, really helpful. I am learning about the chemistry from Dr Schoon's book "Nail Structure and Product Chemistry Second Edition". It could just be one ingredient that is different in YN that is making all the difference. CND Brisa and INM Integrity have a pretty close composition. I haven't checked out YN yet - they are next! Can't get one for LCN online which is kind of frustrating! LCN actually posts on their website that "Acrylics contain harsh chemicals that can damage natural nails, and have strong, unpleasant odors". Ok with the vapour smell - but I have e-mailed them and asked them which chemicals in acrylics damage natural nails? Can't wait for their response!

Have you looked at the MSDS sheets on these products? I find those really, really helpful. I am learning about the chemistry from Dr Schoon's book "Nail Structure and Product Chemistry Second Edition". It could just be one ingredient that is different in YN that is making all the difference. CND Brisa and INM Integrity have a pretty close composition. I haven't checked out YN yet - they are next! Can't get one for LCN online which is kind of frustrating! LCN actually posts on their website that "Acrylics contain harsh chemicals that can damage natural nails, and have strong, unpleasant odors". Ok with the vapour smell - but I have e-mailed them and asked them which chemicals in acrylics damage natural nails? Can't wait for their response!

Just beware of playing bathroom chemist. All acrylics have a close composition!

Just because several products contain many of the same chemicals, does not mean they have the same formulation! This is a very important point to know if you are not a scientist ... you can make hugely wrong assumptions because you really do not know what you are looking for. Plus not every single chemical has to be listed on an MSDS either.

Think of a cake and its ingredients: flour, butter, sugar, eggs..if you add any more of any one of the ingredients than the recipe calls for, you will get an entirely different cake when it is baked!! A tall fluffy one or a flat pancake. Formulation is everything. It is formulae that are patent protected.

Another important point is that chemicals are only harmful if you handle them the incorrect way. Handled with knowledge and care, chemicals are not harmful.

LCN are hypocritical as they also produce a liquid and a powder that smells like any other acrylic monomer. I'm sure when promoting these products, instead of their gel, they do not make statements about harsh chemicals that damage nails. :eek:

I have liked Young Nails and the nails do look good...but I just can't get around the lifting thing? Any YN users out there or is everyone CND?

I would like to add to that that I'm no longer CND user (well some bits and pieces I still use), but would still recommend going back if you had no problems.
I was lucky to try another topbrand and find it even more compatible to me (well clients too) than CND, but if I had encountered your problems, then I wouldn't have hesitated to change back. I

Otherwise spend more money on education with YN would be an option for you.

Sorry I can't help with the lifting problems, I don't know YN methods that good.

I do agree Gigi, I am certainly no chemist! I just like to know what chemicals are in the products I am using; to try and be better informed. I agree with your statement that LCN are hypocritical re: acrylics. I just wish there was some way to let EVERY Nail tech/Esthetician in the province of NB know that this propaganda is WRONG.

hiya hun

there is a more intense pink its called french pink, have u got your ratio correct babe,

Exquisite Touch...do you mean my liquid to powder ratio?? I have their french pink...it looks milky to me.

Hi! I am currently using Young Nails products and recently switched over from Creative. I loved Creative, but had heard a lot of good things about YN so decided to give it a go. A few questions...my clients typically have no lifting with the protein bond for the first 2-3 months, but after that, they have horrible lifting! I have watched my prep and still am baffled! I have "heard" that the nails can become immune to primers and such? Anyone know anything about this?
Also, I love the variety of pinks and whites that CND offers...Young Nails doesn't have all of those options. Anybody know a nice pink that YN has? I DO NOT like their frosted pink or plain pink! I like a little more of an intense pink...something not to milky looking. Any help would be sooo appreciated! I am frustrated! :)

Riss welcome to the site honey I am glad you like YN products. I need you to go through your prep darling so I can have a look at what you may or may not be doing to try to help the lifting problem.

I have been using YN now for over 4 year and have had no lifting problems. YN Moto is we'll stick with you and that isn't only for support but the product aswell.

As far as pinks go we have a range of colours which can be mixed with blushing girl and sissy salmon to create cover pinks, I like to mix these with the French pink to create a more intence pink. (watch this space though for new colours comming soon.

If you are still in need of some help you can PM me

hi sweet

Only reason i asked about your mix ratio was when i first started using YN I worked too wet and got lifting, so i went back to YN and had a trouble shooting day with Clare Kelly where it all made sense. I now let my product do the work for me No lifting.

Have you done the YN conversion course? It really is worth doing it,
I trained with Young nails product at college and then went on to do more training from there.

Also in your title it says Nsi pink.... Is it Nsi pink your using or Young nails pink. French Pink is a very intense pink, Frosted pink is milky pink.
I use French pink for most of my enhancements as it brightens up the nail bed adds colour. Like sparkly bits said you can custom blend adding sissy salmon and blushing girl to french or frosted pink.

I would contact head office or sparkly bits and go on a trouble shooting day they are really fab,
lets us know how you get on
Debx

I'm confused ......... the title mentions lifting issues and NSI pink, but you talk about young nails and lifting.

The obvious answer is to go back to what you used when you didnt have lifting.

You can "make" just about any color you want with the Creative kits anyways (and I don't use Creative).

AS far as nails becoming "immune" to anything sounds like the advice given by a company or tech that's not quite sure whats going on, (and it sounds like an urban myth).

I am not sure why the title says NSI pink...I put a different title and this is the one it got changed to :) Sorry for confusion!

I am not sure why the title says NSI pink...I put a different title and this is the one it got changed to :) Sorry for confusion!

I'm not aware that anyone has changed anything. would youlike me to change the title for you?

sorry...my fault...i added the pink gel bit as it was part of your thread and helps with searches, but got the wrong brand name...changed for you now...sorry again x

Latest posts

Back