help ; susan molyneux range

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracys Beauty

Serenity Beauty Boutique
Reaction score
hello
been trying to find a good facial range, at the mo im using one from ellisons but wont a better quality range, i have heard a lot about sm products on here and sent for a samlple, it came today and i thought it was great, the start up is about 500 for a lot of products, what does everyone think about the range and is it worth the price

thanks tracy:)

Hi ya
I asked for a free sample and ever since they have rang me on a weekly basis this weeks phone call was to tell me if i hadnt ordered by 30th Nov the 599 price range was going up to £995 and then would have to pay extra for training
Not sure whether it was to get me to purchase but it didnt work
I have a tendency to switch off and be instantly put off by a company that mithers

hi thanks for replying
i was told that aswell about the kit price, i was going to order the kit next week but i want some advice before i spend out that sort of money. wot did you think of the samples?
tracy x

When I placed my opening order with Susan Molyneux, the start up cost was definitely higher than £599. This was approx two and a half years ago.

From memory, they had two offers available (these are approx costs) and one was mostly salon use stuff with one days training, for about £800 plus VAT and the other included more retail (as well as the salon sizes) and two days training for about £1100 plus VAT. (The training is very good by the way.)

It may be that the £599 offer currently available was always a special offer and was always due to end. Or it may be that they have revamped their starter package ?

I love Susan Molyneux as a salon brand, my clients love the aromas, it's very affordable to retail and I can honestly say I have never regretted taking it on.

With regard to what Exquisite Touch has said, about getting phone calls, I just wanted to say I have never found them remotely aggressive in their marketing, in fact the girls are always lovely.

When choosing a brand there are many factors you need to consider. Relatively, Susan Molyneux's opening order is affordable. I also like the fact that it is manufactured in the UK, they operate a no air freight policy, all the packaging is recyclable, the ingredients policy means that there are no artificial perfumes, mineral oils or lanolin. No products are tested on animals, or raw ingredients. (There is a difference here... as some companies say their finished products are not tested on animals but choose not to say anything about the ingredients.)

So my vote would be a yes, but what other companies are you considering? Maybe jot down the differences between companies, and see how you feel about them then xx

hi zo zo
thanks for the info
they said the 599 start up will end in dec so i want to get it soon as really. i loved the samples and the girl i spoke to was really helpful, i have read about sm products on here and about environ and eve taylor,but liked the sound of sm products, if i buy the kit i can atend the training in london in april as i cant make it in january because i have another course on that day,
so looks as tho i will be a sm geek lol x
thanks tracy x:)

Maybe training differs from region to region and also dependent upon which SM range you take on but my training was pretty pants.

Before I signed up to SM the girls on the end of the phone couldn't have been more helpful but after I bought into the brand, zilch, nada, nowt, not had any contact with them unless I have made it.

They also suggested I take stock on that I had a feeling wouldn't sell but because SM said they were their best sellers I took their advice and how many have I sold of this top selling item - NONE! So make sure you know your clients and what they will want and don't listen to any sales pitch, you know your customers best.

If have even had to call them to ask for their latest offer brochures, newsletters etc.

I am now taking a look at environ also.

hi jo
im only going to buy the kit for my use, i havent got the money to buy the retail kit so they wont be selling me anything i dont need, thanks for your comments and i will let every one how my training went and wot i think of the products .
tracy x:)

Hi I also use sm and to be honest their products are good, but beware the training it a bit hit and miss. I went to Cheltenham for Renu training and it was great, really in depth lots of info. However when I attended the London training for special masks it was pants, rushed over not shown all the masks, but having said that I really like the products. Also have to agree they have never bothered me unless I contact them. One thing I will say is whatever range you decide to go with is do your research, as a few years ago I spent a lot of money on training with Bio Sculpture and Creative and then realised that I am allergic to nail products (I only do natural nails now) so research well and hope it goes well lots of luck,
regards andi:hug:

thanks for all your help everyone
tracy x

Hi there

I've been using SM products for 6 years now (start up cost was in the region of £300 at that time).

I've just taken on Eve Taylor products (www. evetaylor.com) - they are gorgeous!

Check out the skincare kit which is good for mobile therapists and for owners just starting up. You have to get a trade account.

What I like about ET is, there's no minimum order. You only have to pay postage if your order is under £100.00.

Can't comment about the training yet because I haven't got a date but hoping to go early next year.

Have to say, ET's customer care is, so far, the best I've ever experienced.

Good luck, Tracy!

Hi there

I've been using SM products for 6 years now (start up cost was in the region of £300 at that time).

I've just taken on Eve Taylor products (www. evetaylor.com) - they are gorgeous!

Check out the skincare kit which is good for mobile therapists and for owners just starting up. You have to get a trade account.

What I like about ET is, there's no minimum order. You only have to pay postage if your order is under £100.00.

Can't comment about the training yet because I haven't got a date but hoping to go early next year.

Have to say, ET's customer care is, so far, the best I've ever experienced.

Good luck, Tracy!

Hiya

I'm interested that you're moving over to E/T - are you actually stopping S/M? Is it because of their minimum order? Or other reasons? Just interested!

Hiya

I'm interested that you're moving over to E/T - are you actually stopping S/M? Is it because of their minimum order? Or other reasons? Just interested!

Hello Zo Zo

I've added ET products as an alternative to SM - not as a replacement. Sorry I didn't make it clear :)

Will see how it goes with my clients. So far, they're loving ET.

Hello Zo Zo

I've added ET products as an alternative to SM - not as a replacement. Sorry I didn't make it clear :)

Will see how it goes with my clients. So far, they're loving ET.

I seeeee:green:

I admit I have looked at Eve Taylor too but I really do get on well with SM

I admit I have looked at Eve Taylor too but I really do get on well with SM
Yep, SM are good. ET don't offer a complete range (at the moment) so I couldn't do a complete change ..... but never say never.

SM's Firming Moisturiser is my best seller and I personally would miss it big time!!! My skin loves it. xxx

hi
thanks for all this info , i also looked at the eve taylor range and it looks really nice and the price is better they have a offer on at the mo where you get the retail and pro kit for 453.95 with out vat but you gets lots more, now im really confused as i wont to get my kit asap but dont want to make a mistake in getting the wrong kit as i dont have that much money.
and do eve taylor do training ?
tracy x x

help!!!!!!!!

Hiya

I have looked at Eve Taylor, as so many people rave about it, I had to have a look at it... and I do think it looks like a good range, but.. it's not really comparable to Susan Molyneux. I don't mean any offence to anyone with this comment, it's just that the Eve Taylor range is quite small compared to S/M. For instance, S/M have their Monu range, their Renu range, their Vitru range, their prescription range, their galvaderm range, also body wraps, self tanning, mani and pedi etc etc

So, if you started off with S/M, in time you could build on what you've got by adding another one of their ranges. S/M used to offer an Open Day, why don't you give them a call and see when the next one is?

Just one other thing, and I may be wrong about this so if anyone knows one way or the other please say, but I'm sure I have read that Eve Taylor's training is only available to Level 3 qualified therapists.

Let us know what you decide!

Everything out of the delicate/sensitive range with monu sells well for me. The firming moisturiser is gorgeous, its so smooth and the skin just drinks it in. The extra rich night cream just transforms the skin overnight. I adore it. Me and my clients are more than happy with the range.

Personally ive found them to be one of the best companys regarding customer service. The one niggle I have and this has only been in recent days, is that i used to be able to buy just odd bits and pieces from Vitru (for my clients partners, relatives, my chappy etc). I rang the other day and was told I have to now spend £150 (this offer they said was only until christmas, then im guessing it will rise) on Vitru and only after that will i be able to buy the odd bits and pieces that i want.

Hi

I would definetly recommend Eve Taylor, I have been using the range for awhile now and all my clients love it. the texture and aroma,s are gorgous and the results are the best ive ever had as I use the range myself.

I also retail which does really well too, the beauty above ET is that there is no start up cost you can order what products you want and need at any time. and ordering is easy and very easy and delivery is spot on.

I got the full professional kit and retail kit including essential oil kit for just under £500, I got mine when I was at the professional beauty show so got a good discount on the day.

Ive tried susan monylex loved it but much prefer Eve Taylor as i find it nicer and easier to work with

i would give Eve Taylor ***** star for quality and price.

thanks for all your help
im still in favour of sm products at the mo, i tried the samples of sm and thought they were great and eve taylor didnt send me any samples only price lists and bits just wont to be sure of what products to use, i have just gone mobile and want to use nice quality products, also looking into doing a spa manicure and pedicure by cnd, do any of you use these products?
thanks tracy x x :)

thanks for all your help
im still in favour of sm products at the mo, i tried the samples of sm and thought they were great and eve taylor didnt send me any samples only price lists and bits just wont to be sure of what products to use, i have just gone mobile and want to use nice quality products, also looking into doing a spa manicure and pedicure by cnd, do any of you use these products?
thanks tracy x x :)

It might be an idea to start a new thread asking about CND spa man & ped, or search existing threads. Just thinking that some nail geeks might not read skin threads :)

I have just bought a CND Raw Earth pedi kit and it's absolutely lovely, a friend used the products on me (it's always good to know how things feel as the client!) and I was really really impressed. And I am a cynical bag so coming from me, that is really saying something!

Latest posts

Back