Help, tooth gem glue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi i had a tooth gem on for about a year and another for 3 weeks. Try looking at your prep work (is the tooth 100% dry?) and that. Also it can be down to your clients, you can only advise them not to eat and drink for so many hours you can't make them.

lol Faye this thread is two years old :D

Lol,

only looked at the date of the post before mine!! which was yesterday!! oh well :)

Insurance for anything dental now is a big problem, so check with your insurers and get it in writing that they will still cover you for anything to do with teeth.

Last month Which? magazine did a big investigation into harm done by whitening salons for tooth whitening and it seems insurers are now running a mile from anything to do with teeth or defending allegations of causing harm.

My insurers won't cover anything to do with teeth now, so you are personally liable if sued - house, car everything could be at risk -check insurance now.

I considered swapping policy, but this is what Salon gold insurers said when I asked them for written confirmation of cover for tooth whitening and tooth gems, which their website says they cover,

"Hello Sam

Thank you for your email. However, we have presently suspended this cover
pending further decisions from our underwriters.

We are sorry we are unable to help you on this occasion.

Kind regards

Alison French
Salon Gold Insurance"

What do your insurers say today?

Would they pay legal defence costs if accused of anything to do with teeth now?

Please protect yourselves legally from such problems - it looks like there are some court cases coming up and insurers don't want to know now.

Sam.

Hi, I use the same system so....
After cleaning the tooth with the green gel (make sure the tooth has a slight frosty appearance)
1. apply a dab of bonding agent B to the tooth where you want the gem to be placed
2. then squeeze out a teeny tiny blob of bonding agent A onto pad
3. either squeeze another blob of agent B onto pad or get a bit onto the tip of a small brush
4. dip the gem into the agent B so that the underside of the gem is coated
5. then dip it into agent A (this is tricky but you can use your fingers to get it into a slightly better position after you have got a bit on the backside of the gem) Basically it should be like a sandwich once on the tooth with agent B on both sides of agent A.
6. Stick the gem to the tooth and hold for about 1 minute (you can remove some of the excess glue that sqeezes out from the sides but be careful not to take away too much, you must leave a little bit around the gem)
7. after holding for 1 minute wait about 30 more seconds before cleaning the gem and tooth with a little water on the cotton stick.

they should not eat for 1 hour, not brush theur teeth that evening and not touch it with their tongue for 1 hour.

nail glue should be safe in the mouth as it doesnt actually touch the mouth only the wiped clean tooth to where its being applied , wait till it has dried before touching it .they las ages

how bizarre to offer this kind of advice.........................
water (and saliva) will break down nailglue
this above reply should be removed , as it's quite dangerous advice

we have just ordered in some glue 2 use for tooth gems... smile gem glue, there is bond A and bond B... but no matter how i mix it, apply it, use it, the gems just dont last, one stayed on a maximum of 3 days! but thats no good! there were no instructions with the glue and i would really apprechiate some help if someone knows how 2 use this crazy stuff?! or... if there is another glue i could buy which is really good + long lasting? plz help, the smile gem glue cost £60 so im sure it must be good, if only i new how 2 use it??....xx :o :?: :sad:

well my mate did that before and she just added a little bit more that the other i think it was a cm more that B hope it works for you... or if you don't want to take the risk see if you could get a refunde just explaine what has happend that ni instructions came with it and i that a tooth gem on right now its called tooth jewel adhesive and its in a bottle igzactly the same as nail glue but its diffrent becase its its for your tooth lol . anyway i hope what i said was alot of help and im really sorry if its not.

This wont be any help to you at all I shouldn't think but I had a tooth gem put on about 5 years ago by my dentist and it wont budge!!! I dont know what they use but if all else fails try and see what they use?!?!

Snap I've had mine on for four years now, had it put on at the hair and beauty show in edinburgh, along with a friend, hers lasted 3 months!

Trish :hug:

do guys ever get these jems????

Could anyone tell me do you need training/certificate to apply these tooth gems if you want to offer it as a service in a salon or can anyone do it ? I would also be concerned ref insurance even if you were after reading some of the threads.

has anyone still got clients actually asking for this treatment? In my area you wouldn't been seen dead with tooth gems anymore. thank god.

I use to be a Tooth Fairy trainer (the one with the green gel and 2 seperate glues-all dental products) and I had my last one removed at the dentist this week on monday! was on there for almost a year, looked perfectly ok, my daughter in the stress when I told her I was gonna ask the dentist to take it off...just got bored with it!!!! Tooth underneath perfect.

I had to get my certificate, I also got clearance with insurance company and apart from going to colleges and training girls there, i might have only had a handful of clients that actually asked for it!!!:eek:

Husband is glad I got rid of it :lol:!!!!

xx

is nail glue safe wnough in the mouth?

i use normal DIY super glue and have no problems atall they last a couple of mnths and leave no marks or anything xx

i use normal DIY super glue and have no problems atall they last a couple of mnths and leave no marks or anything xx

i've had to re-read this about 10 times....are u kidding me?!! like...B & Q superglue?!??!?!

plus, this thread is nearly two years old, i'm sure the original poster has the correct mix now...

:rolleyes: re:problem with glue I use a company and product called tooth fairy tooth crystals and the crystals are swarozski they are lasting from a month to a year, i purchased the starter kit for approx £99 with the potential earnings of £900 also piece of mind, reputable company which my insurance covers.

i have heard in the past about nail glue, it might be a cheaper option but you definately wont get insurance for it. i am all for a bargain and big profit margins but never at the costof safety its just not worth it.

Hi i did use smile gems for a while do u use the green product first on the tooth to make the tooth rougher ?:rolleyes:

ok so i have been told using surgical quality glue is ok

high grade nail glue can be surgical quality low grade is not! (all depending active ingredience)

the info i was given was that as long as the glue does not leach there will be no problems (it will only leach if in contact with solvents which shouldent be in the mouth anyway (but neither should glue :irked:lol)

i recieved this info from a wholsaler of glue

but after reading all of this i feal a little uncertain and would like to no were to train and or source the correct products in new zealand

DIY SUPER GLUE !!!!!!!!!!

OH my good god

why not use polly filler and that will stop such nonsence being said.

i cant believe what im hearing .

Definatley not using nail glue.

The glue used in the pack works just as well mine stayed on for 6 months.

You have to make sure that you have preped and cleaned the tooth properly.

also to follow the after care advice properly after the first 12 hrs not eating staright away etc.

I use tooth fairy have no problems the only ones that havent is people playing with the gems before they have had time to stick peoperly.

nail glue should no be used in the mouth as it slowly releases cynide(sp) gases which over time can kill you. my friend used to do this everytime one of crowns came out and couldnt be bothered to go see the dentist and they said she was lucky to be still living.

sorry if this has scared anyone but only bonding agents that come with the kits should be used.

katielou
i used nail glue on my smile gem and i applied it yesterday, i cant get it off, will it deffinately kill me if its my first one? please im really worried now, and how will i notice symptoms if it is starting to damage me??

Are you being serious !!!!!! Nail glue!!!!!!!!

Do people nor care about there teeth enough to not use this on there teeth you may aswell have used no nails binding agent lol.

When your sittind down watching your favourite programme eating your dinner and you start secreating for every orifice and having convulsions hallucinating lol I doubt you will die lmao and how would we be able to tell you how you may die lol I think the poster meant prolonged use of nail glue lol.

I would get relevant training and use proper tooth glue lol

This has made me laugh

Latest posts

Back