Help why do acrylic nails turn yellow?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samantha Fay

Reaction score
Hi, i have had a problem with one of my clients nails going yellow and would like to know the reason why this would happen please.:confused:

Is the natural nail going yellow from acrylic or polish, as prolonged usage of polish can turn the natural nail slightly yellow, of which sometimes can be buffed off or left to grow out.
hth
x

Hi thanks for answering, all i have been applying is acrylic and a sealant. as far as i know my friend has not been appying any other nail polish. This is the second time that it has happend with this particular person x

if you have a look through ( search ) you will find loads of reasons for this to happen anything from smoking to contamination of yoyr brush x

What products are you using?, in your profile it doesn't mention any nail training so its hard for us to judge the situation

if its natural polish - without base cost - that causes yellowin

if you applying enhancements - your brush may be comtaminated - that causes yellowing

i aint read the whole thread tho............

hth

:hug:

if you are using a top coat over the acylic instead of buffing this can sometimes turn yellow as if they smoke or from something in their everyday lives can turn it yellow......is the yellowing removed when you file over it???
The other things that it could be are quality of the producats that you use or contamination.

Sorry to jump thread but how can you find out if its your brush that is contaminated and how do you sort it out, do you bin it?

Use fresh monomer at beginning of service, clean your brush in fresh monomer at end of service, check the hairs of your brush for lumps of product or stickiness.

Sorry to jump thread but how can you find out if its your brush that is contaminated and how do you sort it out, do you bin it?

Dip your brush in fresh monomer and then wipe it on a white tissue. Contamination will show as a yellow mark on the tissue. IMO you need a new brush - HTH

Dip your brush in fresh monomer and then wipe it on a white tissue. Contamination will show as a yellow mark on the tissue. IMO you need a new brush - HTH

Can you not try to soak it in monomer over night ,wouldnt that shift it?:rolleyes:

Hi, i have had a problem with one of my clients nails going yellow and would like to know the reason why this would happen please.:confused:

If it's only happening with one client the chances are it is something SHE is doing, and unlikely that your brush is contaminated (although do check that!).

I use glaze n go topcoat over L&P enhancements and have a couple of girls who use tinted moisturiser, tanning creams and dye their own hair. This tends to discolour the topcoat and it just files off at rebalance time. I have another lady who is a heavy smoker and a couple of her fingers are always discoloured.

Hope this helps

Can you not try to soak it in monomer over night ,wouldnt that shift it?:rolleyes:

Would this work on a contaminated brush please? as iv got one brush i use for practice and this has a yellowing on the pad when cleaning thats why i dont use it on clients is it savable or doomed?

Latest posts

Back