Help with leg waxing for regular client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenny2

Reaction score
sorry guys this is a long one

Hi guys, i wondered if u could help me as i am slightly baffled as to what to do. I have a regular 4 weekly lady client whome i have raised concerns on skin geek about before.

This lady inparticular has very course dark hair all over her body. Well i say all over, her leg hair thickness and over all look is very similar to that of a male. She also has very excessive hair growth on her eyebrows, were they literally grow thumb length for the width straight accross as a mono brow .
She also is quite a sensitive lady as has quite allot of broken cappillaries on her legs and has been treated for varicouse veins some years ago. ( I hear some of u scream that is a contra-indication to treatment) The veins all though apparant are not raised and having experience of working with such ladies ( Students, i have to say please do not work on ladies with varicouse veins, unless u have had advanced training or a vast waxing knowledge:green:)
She also has difficulty with her hair when died, as the grey roots show through a week after treatment. The hair dresser has commented that she has particulary course hair.

This lady has been coming to me for over four months now, and has only missed one of her four weekly appointments and had to come on her sixth week. The lady concerned loves her new legs once waxed and is very pleased with the length of time between re-growth although some concerns in regards to her holidays in june. She advised me on her last treatment that she was concerned that when she went away she would have know choice but to shave whilst away on her two week holiday and really does not want to. I asked how long she was going before she see's visuall re-growth and her responce was one and half weeks and that they are very apparent:confused:.
Obviously i would be expecting after over five treatments that she would be going at least 3 weeks before visual re growth. I did advise my lady when i first treated her after she explained her concerns and embarasment, along with her weight gain that she should visit her gp and explain the situation.( I was concerned for thyroid, ovarion cysts, hormonal difficulties, which could have been a possible explanation ) Her results came back within the normal range, although her thyroid was slightly raised but nothing that would require medication.

I began waxing this lady two weeks, three and then to four. After she explained her re-growth after such a short time and what did i suggest, i actully wished at this point i had kim sat on my shoulder wispering in my ear as simply did not no the answer. I had variouse ideas but was not complatly sure hence my need for your guys help.

I have questioned my waxing technique as on close inspection of the hairs after waxing i noticed that u could see lots of little black dots, which obviously is hair, hence the week and a half re-growth. I wondered whether i was actually breaking allot of the hairs at the level of the skin. But although i will not rule this out that it may be something i am doing that is causing this to happen, ie not removing close enough to the skin etc:confused: I actually feel that the wax is not strong enough to shrink rapp the root of the hair to remove all the hairs with out snapping at the level of the skin. The reason i wonder this is that i have allot of waxing clients, one of which who has ovarion cysts and produces more male hormones than female and her legs after treatment are as smooth as babys bums after treatment and she actually now has minimum re-growth at four weeks, but then again maybe it is my tech with this specific lady, although i use exactly the same removal tech.

At present i am using perron rigot blue oceon and have tried berins blue on her bikini area and am experiencing the same problem. So guys please can u advise me on were i am going wrong, if their is anouther wax that i could use with this lady. I know perron rigot have a mens range of waxing products and wondered whether this may answer all mine and my ladys prayers, or if u can think of anouther reason.

Ps can i just comment kim hun, since i trained with you and offered an extensive treatment menu, my skills have been tested to the max, as have found that allot of my ladies that come are either very embarressed or have medical or hormone problems. Kim i love u babe and would not be were i am today, but i will say i am starting to dream about hair and problamatic hair, from ladies with hairy bottoms to those people that require confident handling lol:lol: ahhhh,

Have you ever bought up the subject of laser treatment with her.Obviously you don't want to be losing her as a client but she sounds like she could be ideal for laser.It may not remove it completely but it can considerably weaken hair and slow down regrowth.

Hi Gill to be honest it has not really crossed my mind if i am hoest. I think this may be due to my lack of knowledge and experience in this area. I have assumed that only small areas would be done to achieve results and that it would be quite painfull, expensive and a lengthy treatment. Do u have a link hun to a reputable person or formative web page were i can research this hun. In regards to reffering my ladies on, i have done this a few times as i feel that it is my responsibility to give the best possible advice i can to help my ladies.
Love jennyx

Hi Gill to be honest it has not really crossed my mind if i am hoest. I think this may be due to my lack of knowledge and experience in this area. I have assumed that only small areas would be done to achieve results and that it would be quite painfull, expensive and a lengthy treatment. Do u have a link hun to a reputable person or formative web page were i can research this hun. In regards to reffering my ladies on, i have done this a few times as i feel that it is my responsibility to give the best possible advice i can to help my ladies.
Love jennyx

I don't Jenny, but maybe someone else who uses it may be able to help.I have never had or used laser but i do have a few clients that it has been sucessful for.
It is of course better for smaller areas but also really weakens growth in large areas so even though they still have waxing the hair is in a more normal state and they have been very pleased.
It is expensive but many places do good discounts on courses.

Last edited:
How long is the hair when you wax it ?

I have a few clients with very strong hair and I get better results when the hair is longer, I usually get them to start coming evey 6 weeks.

I had one client stop coming as she started using a hair minimiser from boots and it was literally an overnight sensation !! Good for her but not so good for me as she found she didn't really need to bother having them waxed anymore :eek:

I would wax her legs with non-strip for the next few appointments. I don't think you'll get the breakages with non-strip. And thereafter try Berins Ease - it's industrial strength :lol:

Oh Jen.....are they all seeking you out? :)

Well, you know that I wax men all day long and I only ever use Perron Rigot Cristal Ocean for strip waxing with no problems at all so I wouldn't change wax.

My guess is that this lady is hirsute so her hair is very similar to the strength and texture of male hair.

I would wax her every fours weeks and if there are loads of new hairs just below the skin (black dots), then I would leave it five weeks.

Of course the aim is to get the hair in the same growth cycle but you can only do what you can do. As you know, I often say that theory is often very different to reality.

Is your wax as hot as possible without it burning? That's how I like to work as the wax is nice and thin and runs to the base of the hair and it's heat opens the pores. Give your strips just one very firm rub and remove the strip flat, not upwards. xxx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back