Help with The short natural look

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sian1979

Reaction score
well just after a bit of advice please. Yesterday i did a set of nails using soft white and warm pink opaque.
Its the first time i have used the soft white and i found it quite hard actually to get the whites consistent....on a few i felt they went a bit patchy in places......dont get me wrong was pleased with the overall outcome but just wondered if anyone had also had the same problem and/or how they do it. They are the widest nails i have done so far and found it quite hard on the pinkie to get them looking slimmer.(especially as she wanted them so short).
Also because the whites were quite small i was getting into a right old mess as the beads were so big, but still ended up with not enough product.
I know i am waffling on now but i just had so many niggly problems and was getting really frustrated.
I have attached a pic for you to see......but its not the best view for a critique which is why i havent posted it there.
Thanks for your advice and help in advance

Attachments

• pics 010.jpg
    pics 010.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 258
I too have this problem but I've never tried CND soft white, only NSI. My clients don't mind though as the think it looks even more natural. The only things I can think of are working too wet, or using more than 1 bead to do the white (without completely covering the first lot of white iykwim). Sorry I can't help more, I'm only recently qualified. Nice pic tho,well done! See what you mean about the wide pinkie!

i actually think youve done a good job there flower.

just make sure your RATIO is right, if this is off, it will cause marbling probs

if you want to make them look slimmer, just (its what i do) pinch ever so slightly at the hips, and that should sort the fat look out, hth

well done tho

:hug:

i like !
sian - did you use a different colour in zone 3?

I like them . I always have probs with soft white being patchy so I will be very aware of my ratio as Peter Pan says and hopefully that will help

are these tips or sculpts.
With tips I just use natural tips with a natural or blush powder, then use other colors when it's time to rebalance.

are these tips or sculpts.
With tips I just use natural tips with a natural or blush powder, then use other colors when it's time to rebalance.
They are clear tips, with soft white in zone one, opaque pink in 2/3, i did put a sheer pink over the top i thought it looked a bit dark.
I didnt think of using natural powder to be honest, got a brand new pot of it as well, But i did extend the nail bed slightly as her natural smiles were quite flat, i thought that this would make them appear slimmer which is why i went for the opaque pink. But i wanted to try the soft white so sort of used this as a trial.
Thanks for your help everyone

I agree, watch your mix ratio. Do a test bead first to be sure when you are getting shadowing with opaque colors. Also,if you felt like it was a "bit dark" next time try mixing 2/3 opaque to 1/3 sheer pink and see if that helps. Or if you want it even a bit brighter try adding a sprinkle of red, yellow or orange depending on the skin tone. You could even do almost a half and half mix and still get a fair amount of coverage. I do that often. If you were trying to lighten up the soft white try adding a bit of clear and maybe even a TINY pinch of yellow.

HTH
Mastiffmom
CND Grand Master

Hi Sian, I do a natural tip on my mum and I use a custom blend. She really likes the look, although it has a very different 'Feel' for me on application. Using it slightly drier helps a bit and I need to push it up more at the point where zone 1 meets zone 2, then faff about with it from there to get the smile 'Dense' enough to provide good coverage. Hths.

Incidentally, I think you've done a good job. It's not easy when someone only wants a short nail and they're a bit wide anyway. You can only work with what they've got. You're a nail technician, not a miracle worker!! :hug:

Latest posts

Back