Help with waxing longer hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I ask if there is a particular oil to use?? or am i being plain stupid

If your waxing line doesn't carry a specific depilatory oil, you can use any light massage oil, Debra - almond, grapeseed, etc. Steer clear of the heavier ones like avocado as they are more difficult to get the right amount on the skin. It will take practice, but worth the time and energy!

Thanks guys. SO much help. Didn't know if I was doing the right thing by clipping the hair (my client was looking at me like I was crazy) but I advised to her to not wait so long before her next wax :p

I'm glad I was on the right track. It's nice to have this forum to ask for advice in these situations since I only work with one other esthetician and she's usually too busy to help me with anything. So I'm glad you guys are here!

I've never heard of using oil... sounds a lot easier though, and cleaner, I'll have to try it! thanks guys! :hug:

Don't bother with those little ladies bikini ones. Just get yourself a decent pair of clippers with different size comb attachments. I just bought a fab one from John Lewis for £20. They have all diferent ones. It's mains operated, cordless and very powerful. xxx

Thanks Brow Queen,
Luv Mrs Bean! xxxx:green::)

Ok here goes nothing, I used to use pre wax but haven't in ages. I just use a light coating of oil and then begin with the waxing. So the dumb question is why pre wax? To cleanse the skin and then we oil it, made no sense so I stopped using it. Someone enlighten me please and thanks!!

Ok here goes nothing, I used to use pre wax but haven't in ages. I just use a light coating of oil and then begin with the waxing. So the dumb question is why pre wax? To cleanse the skin and then we oil it, made no sense so I stopped using it. Someone enlighten me please and thanks!!

For me it's all about having a controlled environment to work with - a blank 'canvas' to start from, if you like. The pre-wax cleanse removes any body lotions, perspiration, skin care products, soap residue, makeup, etc, so that I know I've got the perfect amount of oil on the skin and nothing else.

There have been times when I've forgotten the cleansing step and it's been just fine, and times when it hasn't (particularly in hot weather). But if it works for you, more power to your waxing elbow :D

Andy x

Andy, you're a smart man, I like you, that made total complete sense! Thanks so much for replying:hug:

hi guys i am new here and i am doing a course next month for waxing, and man I've got some great tips from you all.... I'm really going to try the oil, you are all so helpful :)

HI ya

Iv just started waxing in college and just wanted to know which make or name of oil you use? Do you just apply it on the areas to wax then apply the wax, strip then presto?

In college we have the muslim strips but teacher says you can get paper ones which are easier to trim for lip wax etc is this the case for professional waxers?

Also when waxing the leg do you start at the ankle going upwards or go across as my teacher says you can do both. sorry iv jumped in on this thread but i find waxing interesting as thought i would hate it but you get a lot of job satisfaction as its quick and the results are good (I know I nedd to get out more lol:lol:)

cheers:)

In college we have the muslim strips but teacher says you can get paper ones which are easier to trim for lip wax etc is this the case for professional waxers?

Also when waxing the leg do you start at the ankle going upwards or go across as my teacher says you can do both. sorry iv jumped in on this thread but i find waxing interesting as thought i would hate it but you get a lot of job satisfaction as its quick and the results are good (I know I nedd to get out more lol:lol:)

cheers:)

As regards the strips I personally prefer the paper ones but my colleague prefers the muslin ones - try them and see how you feel.

your second point - can you please explain what you mean by going across the leg? You have to remove the hairs against the direction of growth - apologies if I misunderstood.

I know what she means. You mean in a herringbone pattern yeah? Straight down the centre and slanting sidewards on calves.

Let the leg fall naturally, don't try to turn it round if say the knee falls to the side. The front of the leg is what you see. Cover the entire front of the leg from under the knee to the ankle with wax and remove as quickly as possible. xx

I know what she means. You mean in a herringbone pattern yeah? Straight down the centre and slanting sidewards on calves.

Let the leg fall naturally, don't try to turn it round if say the knee falls to the side. The front of the leg is what you see. Cover the entire front of the leg from under the knee to the ankle with wax and remove as quickly as possible. xx

I always did sections at a time (like the lower shin (R & L), then upper( R & L), then knee). Is it faster to just cover the entire area with wax first and then just give'er? Is that what most ppl do, am I just wierd? lol

Cover what you can see with wax and then remove...........much quicker and known as 'speed waxing'.

Cover what you can see with wax and then remove...........much quicker and known as 'speed waxing'.

damn school. why dont they just teach you things properly in the first place? haha.

thanks BQ!! :hug:

Latest posts

Back