Home Alone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clairelee69

Reaction score
hi, as some of you may know i am 17. my mum, dad and sister have JUST gone away for 2 weeks to mexico and i am home alone.

i absolutely hate sleeping at home by myself.

has anyone got any tips for me including quick meals for me to make

claire

we're in the same boat! my husband and sister in law left this morning for pennsylvania (for an entire week)... leaving me and my daughter here by ourselves. Kylie is asleep, as usual, and I'm awake... in the middle of the night... as usual! i'm going to be sleeping in my den, with all 4 of my dogs, with the tv on. that way i'm not alone!:eek:

what kind of foods do you like?? i'm a pretty good cook, and i can help ya' out there! :biggrin:

Hi Claire

Bless you honey.... if you lived nearer I'd let you stay with me and my hectic family :lol: .

At our other house (about 5 years ago my hubby worked nights for a year and I spent the entire year sleeping on the sofa. hated sleeping on my own, so I know how it feels. Pleased to report I no longer feel like that where we are living now....

Do your neighbours know your parents are away? If your neighbours know, then it is reassuring knowing they are listening out for you. You will be fine :hug:

What sort of food so you like? Do you prefer meat meals or pasta etc?

Trilite Girl said:
Hi Claire

Bless you honey.... if you lived nearer I'd let you stay with me and my hectic family :lol: .

At our other house (about 5 years ago my hubby worked nights for a year and I spent the entire year sleeping on the sofa. hated sleeping on my own, so I know how it feels. Pleased to report I no longer feel like that where we are living now....

Do your neighbours know your parents are away? If your neighbours know, then it is reassuring knowing they are listening out for you. You will be fine :hug:

What sort of food so you like? Do you prefer meat meals or pasta etc?

i like almost anything butt i am not a very good cook.lol

My hubbie is often left on his own as I am a stewardess in my other job!! I leave him lots of ready meals that have the instructions on the back - really easy to do. Baked potatoes are easy, with beans & cheese, tuna & mayo etc. Pasta is quick (about 10 -12 mins in boiling water) and you can get plenty of jars of sauces from the supermarket.Good luck, I am sure you will be fine. Let the neighbours know though - they will keep an eye out also.

Hiya

Just pop round your friends or relatives between 5 and 6pm ... thats what time most people have tea...they are bound to ask if you would like to join them as your folks are away. Other than that...i am sure you would be ok living on beans and toast...egg on toast...etc for a while...till they return...and then i suggest you spend some time in the kitchen with your mum to learn some basic cooking skills...cos you wont be at home forever....

As for sleeping alone...i don't like this much either..try leaving the TV on downstairs...hearing the TV will feel like when someone is still up after you have gone to bed. Have a nice milky drink and read a book for while...You'll soon feel sleepy and just nod off.

You will be fine Hun...don't worry. xxxx

you can't beat a good triple decker sandwich made with toasted bread with cooked chicken and salad!

clairelee69 said:
i like almost anything butt i am not a very good cook.lol

snap!!!

my mom and dad have gone away for a fortnight yesterday and im a crap cook. :(

microwave meals rock though!!! lol. and i can actually ue the microwave, kinda!! lol.

as for clothes its a good job i have a hooooge double wardrobe full of freshly washed and ironed clothes cuz im crapo at that game too!! lol. ill make someone a very good housewife one day - OR NOT!!!

xx

im 21 and rubbish at being on my own

make beans on toast or pasta in boiling water till soft with a jar of pasta sauce from sainsburys or something thrown in- they taste good. if asll else fails toast and cereal!

chicken too- im sure mum has a ribbed pan thingy- bung the chicken on then sizzle for 10 - 15 mins till brown/burnt yummy

Oh bless you claire!

I too dont particularly like being at home on my own, especially late at night, as im a wimp and get scared! Juat make sure that when you are in the house in the eve, you lock the doors and windows straight away, that way you can feel comfortable knowing you wont mistakenly leave them open when you go to bed. As for the food thing, i would stock up on lots of microwave meals, and bags of salad, then all you have to do is bung the meal in the micro, and chuck the salad on your plate, hey presto! Or pasta is a safe bet, with a sauce, or just cheese on top, or a cheese sauce with cheese on top! Dont fret though, you can always stay on the nail geek site all night then sleep during the day!

Hi Claire! Where about in yorkshire do you live?

My daughter Gemma who is 23yrs old is on her own too, She has two boys 4 and 3 yrs who are on holiday with there other Nana in Cyprus for 4wks.

She is so lost and missing them real bad, but thought it would be good for the boys to go and spend sometime, not to mention have a great time/holiday with there Nana aunts and uncles from there dads family (She and partner seperated reasently).

She is staying with me at the moment but would love some company. She is having meals with John and i from time to time, So i dont see why we couldn't do the same for you!

If there is anything i can help you with just shout. You are more than welcome to join us too.

luv 'n' hugs
xxxxxxxx

i live in pontefract

Have you got a mate or a boyfriend that you could ask to stay with you? You could turn it into a little holiday of your own.

Get ya mates round, have a party and wreck the joint !!!! thats what i would have done at your age.....lol xxx

alana said:
im 21 and rubbish at being on my own

make beans on toast or pasta in boiling water till soft with a jar of pasta sauce from sainsburys or something thrown in- they taste good. if asll else fails toast and cereal!

chicken too- im sure mum has a ribbed pan thingy- bung the chicken on then sizzle for 10 - 15 mins till brown/burnt yummy

i dont like being on my own either....

........cooking for 1 isnt quite the same when my parents go away

im the pasta cooker too.... nice pasta, chuck in half a jar of pesto sauce maybe cook some chicken to mix in with it cover with loads of cheese and yummio din for 1 in no time

and if all else fails get a pizza delivered

ooo totally for lazy ppl too ready made cheesy mash with Walls microwave sausages... soooo quick to make.... dont you just love microwaves...lol and nt forgetting tinned spaghetti (sp??)

or you could do the other thing and mash the pots yourself and grill ya sausages!... all quite easy to do....

i discoved the walls micro sausages when my parents went away back in april/may.... fab for a quick sausage sarnie with load of ketchup........mmmmmmmmmm

okay its too late for me to get hungry all this food talk.... must go to bed

nite

Jess
xox

yep pasta never fails for me either....or a nice ploughmans/salad is quick and easy......

Or i love brushetta.....french stick...rub with garlic...bung on some chopped tomatoes....few herbs...drizzle of oil....wack under the grill 4 a bit....YUM YUM sorted!!

Ambxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ummm Minkus that sounds very Mediterranean ... and very tasty :)

Hi Clare, just wondered how you were getting on?

Trilite Girl said:
Hi Clare, just wondered how you were getting on?

my boyfriend slept monday but had to sleep by my self last night and i **** my self.

im sleeping at my grandmas tonight

still having food delivered.lol

Nail FX said:
Ummm Minkus that sounds very Mediterranean ... and very tasty :)

so you can see where i get my size 8 figure from then !! lmao 16 and burstin out of it should have been italian love all their foods!!

You should try my meatballs stuffed with mozarella in a arrabatia sauce!

amb x

Latest posts

Back