Hospital Appointment Total Nightmare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicky

Southern Geek
Reaction score
Hi All

I had a Hospital appointment today and had to see the consultent that nearly killed me. I've been putting off going for weeks and new that i would have to face time at so point.
My sister came with as i still cant drive that far and i was so nervous going into the unknown i guess. Got there and his very over friendly PA completely ignored me, even to the point of covering her face as she walked straight passed me ! As if i didn't know it was her..lol Then the man him self walked passed me twice and did the very same thing :evil: I paid a shed load of money to be treated like this but hay ho.
Finally got in to see him and did that man skirt around the issue that cut my spleen in 2. He asked how i was, any pain, was i working etc then asked if he could feel my tummy and look at my scar. (this is the best bit)
After he did this he sat down and started drawing a picture and writing, i asked if there was a problem to which he said YES, I'm now peeing my pants.
After a few minutes of him not saying anything he tells me he thinks i should see a plastic surgon and have that " VERY UNSIGHTLY SCAR" removed, i was in shock..! that "VERY UNSIGHTLY SCAR" that he had made. I was so mad i started crying and let the Dr himself have it with both barrels. I don't think iv ever screamed at a person like that before i was and still am so angry.

Everything came to ahead and in all i am no longer seeing this man and will be seen by one of his colleagues next time.

What is it with some people, this guy should take a good look at there bedside manner. Another cracking comment was " don't you think you should start moving on" OMG the guy nearly killed me 7 weeks ago...lol

Thanks for listening, needed to vent my anger xx

have you reported him? this should not be left you should sue he souldnt be allowed to get away with it docs in the uk think there untouchable oh not surprised your angry chick hugs xx

Good for you Vicky, glad you gave him the full force of your anger. Was going to say glad you vented your spleen but didn't know if you'd see the funny side, but now I've said it oops! You've really been through it, I'm surprised you didn't throttle hin, insensitive git! :hug:

omg vicki , i dont know what to say to you , but you did right to rant and rave if it only made you feel better, this is awful will you be able to complain about him???big hugs to you hun
nikki

I tell ya now if i'd had my spleen to hand i would have slapped him with it ! lol

Sassy Hassy said:
Good for you Vicky, glad you gave him the full force of your anger. Was going to say glad you vented your spleen but didn't know if you'd see the funny side, but now I've said it oops! You've really been through it, I'm surprised you didn't throttle hin, insensitive git! :hug:

OMG what a total w....r i can't believe his gall! No apology nothing?? I should take it further imagine his next patient may not be so lucky!

Poor you i do hope you feel better soon and that he gets his just desserts!!!

Aww Vicky :hug:
I cant believe what you have been through and then to get treated like that by this man!
Im even angry on your behalf!
My son had an accident 4 years ago that put him in a wheel chair for a few months and basically tore our family life apart (he was in my ex's care at the time of the accident, then while still in wheelchair my ex abandoned him). Everytime I receive a solicitors letter about it, I have to leave it for a day or 2 before I can open it..it makes me that ill as it brings it all back...so what Im trying to say is... I can only begin to imagine how angry/scared/upset you must have felt in this mans prescence today!
I think you were very dignified for far too long and Im sooo glad you let him have it in the end!
Cant you do something about what happened to you?
Have you taken legal advice?
And if you do need surgery on your scar...will it be free??? it bloody well should be.

this so called doctor wants bloody striking off if you ask me - how dare he come out with bull like that about your scar when it was him to inflicted it in the first place - not to mention nearly ending your life - i thought all doctors were supposed to take an oath regarding preserving life not trying to end it..........get this idiot reported to the medical board

I have seen a solicator but too be totally honest i know things go wrong with ops but the spleen was never mentioned and all i wanted was a heart felt "sorry" someone to step up to the plate and say " it was my fault" but i guess i was asking way too much. I was even sent home with the wrong tablets for god sake.I did get a kinda sorry today, he said " sorry for not saying sorry"...what ever that means..lol
I just hope he learns from this, i dont think anyone has ever fronted him before, and i shocked him. I didnt even say the F word...lol

OMG Thank god you're ok. I think i would have said more then the F*** word. :hug:

Consultants think they are Gods and, quite often, they are butchers and others are sheer miricale workers. I know. Acknowledging their errors can save a lot of anguish. I am glad you stuck up to him but wish I could give you comfort. At least you won't need to see him anymore and hopefully his colleague will be more professional and help you. Good luck and big hugs :hug:

Hi Vicky,

I'm not familiar with the background of your operation, however, from this thread if I was you, I would not let this lie.

He has obviously made a gross error whilst performing the operation and then to top it off, he is being very blasé about it.

I would definately go see a solicitor and report him to the medical board. Don't let him get away with it !!

River

Speak to one of those companies that offer compensation for an accident or medical negligence they will tell you where you stand.

Good on you for giving it to him how dare he tell you to move on the b***** cheek of the man , you deserve compensation for what has happened to you vicky, i know you just want a sorry but surgeons cannot let this happen again and it will if he is not stopped.

Just remember we are right behind you with moral and physical support if you need it babe.

x

i agree with everyone else on this one you HAVE to take it further. My mother in law had a botched hysterectomy they made lots of mistakes , it took a couple of years but she got paid out handsomely for there errors.

They shouldnt be allowed to get away with this.

Be strong and go for it.

ambx

It's strange how people find apologising such an alien concept, they think it's an admission of guilt and will then be punished! But as they say to err is human, to forgive is divine, but how can you forgive if they haven't shown remorse for what they have done? I'm getting very religious in my outlook now oops.

But I'm like you Vicky, often all I need is to hear that little word sorry and that's enough. Means more than all the money in the world.

Im so sorry to hear of your ordeal with this so called consultant. i agree with the other girlies, you must pursue this further. Consultants seem to think that they're a cut above the rest and should be looked apon as gods (most of them anyway). Just think his next paitent may not be as strong as you to stand up to him.

Good luck

Well he's probably not going to apologize to you as then he will be admitting he has done something wrong!

I wish i had put in two complaints about various doctors. The first was when i was preg and told that the pains i was suffering were perfectly normal and that i shouldn't worry about it. I then went on to have an ectopic pregnancy and nearly died! The second was after i had had my first child but suffered another ectopic pregnancy and i went to see another doctor about about birth control (2 weeks after ectopic, nearly died that time as well) i told the doctor that we were going to wait a while before trying again (after the hospital had stated it would be ok) and the lovely doctor turned around and said that if i wanted to make my child an orphan to just carry on and try again. Left the doctors in tears thinking i would never have another child. Gone on to have a lovely little boy.

So i think you should put in a complaint about your doctor cause i really regret that i hadn't.

Its suprising how many other people this has happend too or they know of someone where things have gone very wrong.
And you so right Sassy, Sorry would have meant so much and i think a few years ago it would have been said without hesitation. Maybe its the changing world we live in or some Dr's really do think their god and don't have to apologies for their actions.

Yesterday completely floored me. I know how bad the scar is i have to look at it every day, and yes i agree with him it is very unsightly but now that is part of me and something I'm still trying to deal with. How any descent human being could make that remark is beyond me and even now i sit here shaking my head. I really hope something good can come out of whats happend.

Thanks for so much for all the support girls, i really need it at the moment :hug:

hun you need to complaine, you are human you have feelings and you should never have been treated the way you have, i wish i had complained about things that happened at the hospital when i had my daughter but i was left to ill to think about it, 4 years after she was born i had to have a full hystorectome at the age of 23 due to the hospital balls up and even now i still have problems.

you have a voice and it needs to be heard, good luck hun:hug:

Latest posts

Back