How are you all really finding semi-permanent mascara!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think it was worthwhile training in SPM & were you happy with the training?

• Yes I think it is worthwhile and I was happy with the training.

Votes: 39 43.8%
  • Yes Yes I think it is worthwhile but I was not happy with the training.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Yes I think it is worthwhile but wish I had trained with another company

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • No I wish I hadn't done the training

Votes: 37 41.6%

• Total voters
Have recently trained in SPM and have tried this on about 20 clients , 3 clients asked to have it removed within the 24hrs, A few were underwhelmed by the product , I think it would be aimed at clients who don't wear much makeup and are having a lash tint and just want a bit more ? .... I wasn't too impress with the training and after care service , we are trying to achieve a NATURAL look with the lashes and promoting the product like this , just wanting to know if anyone has achieved this by mixing less powder and having a thinner consistency ? and suggestions would be appreciated ...

We have stopped offering SPM entirely. Like a firecracker that never went off.

I did my training in august, did lots of people to start with but only one or two actually liked it. Because of this I've decided to stop offering it. Complete waste of money, won't be jumping on the band wagon like that again!

I did my training in august, did lots of people to start with but only one or two actually liked it. Because of this I've decided to stop offering it. Complete waste of money, won't be jumping on the band wagon like that again!

Snap!

so glad i looked around as im thinking of doing the course with couture as it only 42 pound for the kit and 40 i think she said for the training but that's because i trained in there semi permanent lashes i watched them at the show an i thought theres was good and its low investment but wnt be able to do it now till after xmas

In know you don`t always want to hear form a trainer but felt I should offer my opinion on the SPM. I have been using it in my salon for a while and offering training courses.I totally agree that it is very important as to how you market it. No hype or very disappointed clients. It can irritate the lashes if your client has eye sensitivity as it feels quite hard and very tempting to pick! It does stay on and is waterproof so great for holiday time or those that find applying mascara either time-consuming or difficult (need the glasses!):biggrin: However, no length so to speak so lash extensions would be better for these clients. Personally I think the formula will be improved making it more user friendly but it certainly has a place.
There are several methods of application and I have worked on developing my own quick and easy way - visits to the haberdashery!
On a serious note, do patch test before applying!

There are several methods of application and I have worked on developing my own quick and easy way - visits to the haberdashery!

Kim,

Do you have any tips you can share with those of us who are already trained but looking for ways to improve our application?

I so wanted to do the training to offer SPM last year and started saving for it. I read quite a few threads about it on here and spoke to a few companies directly. In the time it took me to research and make my mind up, a friend trained in SPM and had been offering it for a few months, so I asked her for her opinion on the product. She was so unimpressed with it that it changed my mind completely.

I trained in dermal rolling a few months ago, at one FIFTH the cost of the spm, and the treatments net me three times as much as doing spm would. I think you have to look at the ROI carefully when choosing new treatments. I had recouped my initial outlay within three treatments.
After much deliberation I won't be offering spm; it's not a high enough margin!

Hi lynne, could I asked you where you did the dermal rolling course please? Sorry I know its not related to this thread but have been looking at the different courses on offer and am trying to decide which is the best. thanks tinaxx

i did the course last year and it wasn't cheap, im not impressed with it my customers have wanted it removed i don't promote it and i find myself trying to talk the customers out of it, wish i had done more research on it .:sad:

I trained with crybaby last year. My honest opinion is its not as popular as I would have liked, but I wouldn't go as far as to say I regret doing the course. It's defiantly has its place. Since gaining experience doing clients, I instantly know who will like it and who won't, whose lashes it will look great on and whose won't, I'm honest with my clients. I don't big the treatment up, I tell it like it is and let the client make the decision for themselves. Clients who I find like it the most are:

Older clients who can't see to do their own mascara:
Clients who depend on glasses, who can't see without them to apply mascara
People with good strong lashes, whether short or long
WEDDINGS!

Clients not suitable:
Those with sensitive eyes
Pickers..(you know who they are!!)
Clients with sparse lashes

Simple as that, I tell them it looks exactly like mascara, no more, no less. With the added benefit it will not budge!! HTHs!

i was not impressed with the 10 min i was given to do 1 lash.. then sent packing after spending £££££ it does not last 3 weeks in my opinion a weekend is ok, then it dries and goes flaky . all the people i used it on .. fruitless effort to regain my training costs back.. hated it and wanted it removed. i tried to get a refund after training but no way were they gone do that ???

i have a nearly full bottle if anyone wants it.. :cry:

What are the benefits of smp over ordinary eyelash tinting?

i find this an interesting thread and glad i came across it this morning .

my personal opionion is i like myscara , i like the fact of having no black eyes , and having open eyes (im not a heavy make up person) but ..... would i pay for it as a paying client ?? ......hmmm not really if it was a product lasting 4-6weeks then maybe

from my clients views iv had a lot of interest in the treatment but not one of them have returned back for a second treatment , im glad its not just me as i was starting to worry it was me , i have done it on staff and its been fine but i think the real reason people arnt returning as it doesnt last very long or long enough for them and the price and who can blame them .....;)

I am offering crybaby, done the course a year ago,have had lots of clients had it applied, they have came back for it to be applied again and recommended friends, I think it's great ! Agree not for everyone,and it certainly last usually longer then 3 weeks,. Took some getting used to lots of practice but it has done my business well :))

I recently had crybaby mascara applied to my lashes and i thought the idea was great and i really did enjoy not having to put on any mascara but after 1 week my lashes felt crusty and started to pull and hurt.
I ended up using my lash extension remover to remove them because i could no longer stand the discomfort.

I had them done in NY for $50 for top lashes only which i think was very well priced for Manhattan. I wanted to do the bottom as well but the girl informed me that it would sting ALOT so i opted not to do it.

I would definitely do it again if i was going on vacation only because i can not do extensions on myself and all the salons in my area that do ee are incredibly expensive but Its not something I would do on a regular basis.

I trained in Myscara in October last year, and it was very slow to start and I worried I would not re-coup my costs. I also had ups and downs with the product while I was getting used to it. This year however I have become more confident with the product and am producing a much better final result.

I added Myscara onto my website and I have had a lot of clients come to me recently for the treatment from outside my normal catchment area (up to 8 miles away) as there are only a limited number of therapists. These new clients have then also had additional treatments with me which obviously has brought in extra revenue. All have said that they wanted Myscara initially for their summer holidays as they had heard about it and loved the idea. All loved the final result too (whether they will still be happy with how it wears I am not sure as yet!)

I also have regular clients who love Myscara, but having said that I also have clients who have had the treatment and not liked it! Overall I am glad that I trained and offer Myscara and do think it is a great treatment when done well and is a quick treatment to do with practice.

thanks Angelina, I had £700 put by for training in either crybaby or k lawless waxing & intimate waxing - cant afford to do both.
I think I will leave it another couple months before making my final decision, although I'm guessing waxing will be quiet once summer is over

kim lawless everytime ... i hate myscara ! I'm busy with waxing all year round.. once you find a good waxer, you return every 4-5 weeks its my best revenue and kim as amazing.. waxing is not a fad its a way of iife x

Latest posts

Back