How are you all really finding semi-permanent mascara!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think it was worthwhile training in SPM & were you happy with the training?

• Yes I think it is worthwhile and I was happy with the training.

Votes: 39 43.8%
  • Yes Yes I think it is worthwhile but I was not happy with the training.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Yes I think it is worthwhile but wish I had trained with another company

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • No I wish I hadn't done the training

Votes: 37 41.6%

• Total voters
Hi, iv been searching the net looking for info on semi permanent mascara, I'm really interested in doing it as we do A LOT of semi permanent lash extensions in our salon n think it sounds fab, just a few questions I want a true answer from theropists rather than suppliers trainers etc... Can it course a reaction like some of the stronger eyelash glues can?? Does it feel cloggy?? Does the curl drop after so long? And can you do open eye application on your self or will it sting??
I'm really wanting to do a course but want to make sure it will be worth it
Xxxx

I was looking into doing sp mascara but wasn't 100 % on it. Glad I've waited. Going to do eyelash extension's instead. I have ound recently the eyelash perming is becoming more popular. To me, an eyelash perm and tint is just as good!!!!

Hi, iv been searching the net looking for info on semi permanent mascara, I'm really interested in doing it as we do A LOT of semi permanent lash extensions in our salon n think it sounds fab, just a few questions I want a true answer from theropists rather than suppliers trainers etc... Can it course a reaction like some of the stronger eyelash glues can?? Does it feel cloggy?? Does the curl drop after so long? And can you do open eye application on your self or will it sting??
Xxxx

I think this thread should give you a pretty good cross section of opinions from therapists of whether or not it is 'worth it' to take on this service.

As for your questions .... you should always patch test when using anything on a person's eyes. There is always a risk that someone will be allergic to a substance.

Eyelashes can of course look very clumpy if not done by a good therapist .. I've seen some shockers! They do not have to look clumpy. The better the eyelashes are to begin with, the better the look ... just like anything else.

I can't speak for all brands as they differ. With "Cry Baby", a warm shower will restore any lost curl or miss-shape from sleeping with faces mashed into pillows.:green: I wear and like this brand but do not sell it or train others to use it.

I cannot do open eye on myself and I know it would sting if I tried!

Geeg got reported to the mods. LMAO. Did the reporter not know that Geeg is a mod :lol:.

I have to say, All these semipermanent mascaras are something which have never really grabbed me. I've seen the pictures and I think the lashes are clumpy and just don't give the wow factor for me.

I get lovely results from lash tinting minus the clumpiness, so most definitely for now I will stick with this.

Geeg got reported to the mods. LMAO. Did the reporter not know that Geeg is a mod :lol:.

I have to say, All these semipermanent mascaras are something which have never really grabbed me. I've seen the pictures and I think the lashes are clumpy and just don't give the wow factor for me.

I get lovely results from lash tinting minus the clumpiness, so most definitely for now I will stick with this.

One can report a mods behaviour !! Mods are not exempt from the rules!

However I was reported for having an opinion that Cry Baby was better than another
(3 guesses) product, and I gave the rerasons why I had formed that opinion. Mods are entitled to a well informed opinion as is everyone else. I still hold that opinion and so do many others.

Last edited:

Whats a MOD? :smack:

A site Moderator ... did you not know about us?

One can report a mods behaviour !! Mods are not exempt from the rules!

Absolutely agree with you Gigi, but for goodness sake, a moderator, like any other geek would have to really overstep a mark to be reported. Of course mods should not break the rules, but its rediculous for being reported for not breaking rules in the first place and only having an opinion.

Anyway, I don't want the thread to go off track. x

Iv just read this whole thread and found it really interesting. I trained in cry baby when it very first hit the uk in May, and was convinced it was going to be the answer id been looking for. I am a lash and brow salon, so I lash, lash, lash all day. I wanted something for ladies that perhaps couldnt wear lashes, like me!
I am still pleased I trained in cry Baby, but it certainly isnt as popular as I thought it may be. Iv found that its beautiful on good natural lashes, but not so great on short, stumpy lashes. My clients have been a real mix of love and hate! I have had clients who like it, and had it reapplied, but Iv also had clients want to remove it after about 7-9 days. (average time) Some stated that it was like going to bed with their make up on, and they didnt like that feeling, others have said that it started irritating them after a few days, and others have said they love it. a real mixed review.

A salon, literaly at the end of my road, has also just trained in Cry baby, so it may do the treatment a favour or a dis-service, time will tell lol

Im glad I trained in it, and Cry Baby was always the one for me, but it hasnt, as yet, set my world on fire xx

Xxxx

I'll try to answer as best I can based on my experiences (I am a CryBaby therapist)

It shouldn't cause a reaction as no product touches the skin. However, there are fumes to the product (just like the stonger EE glues) so it does cause stinging if eyes are opened before it is dry. For this reason, I would not recommend doing it on yourself as an open eye application. (Of course I tried it!! But WOULD NOT recommend)! LOL :eek:

If applied properly it shouldn't feel cloggy. I would describe as feeling like a waterproof mascara does. Your lashes feel slightly harder when touched but you aren't aware you are wearing it. The curl doesn't drop. The machine that is used at the end of the procedure actually "sets" the lash so the curl holds.

I have to say that I am now much happier with the product. I think I had bought into the hype a bit and just expected this "Wonder Product"

Once I had accepted that is simply a mascara with the benefit of it lasting for 2-3 weeks I became much happier about it (I dont know if I explained that very well but hope you understand what I mean)?

I'm going to input impartially no particular brand, for me I am as above always a little disappointed but I'm not sure if it's because I'm from lash extensions back ground I always expect the wow factor and the mascara just doesn't do that for me, I think like cabinkel once I accept that it is a mascara look then I might feel better about it, from a personal wearing point of view I love my normal mascara I apply daily or my extensions but again as already said it is fab for glasses wearers, my clients will not switch to the mascara they love their extensions too much some have lower lashes done but for those that have had the mascara they soon switch to the extensions or dont have it reapplied, I also prefer a lash perm and tint over the mascara. I'm not saying there isn't a place for spm because I do have a few clients that do love it.

I haven't trained in this but recently had myscara applied.
I loved the bottom lashes I had 2 coats top lashes I had 4 coats and for the first week it looked ok (although a little bitty) 2nd week it started fading or whatever it does and I felt a bit fed up with it. Now into week 3 and I just have a few little bitty bits on the ends.
I was hoping this could be a treatment I could upkeep every month, with 3 kids I am always rushing about so thought it would be nice to look a little bit made up in the mornings on the school run. There is no way I could afford to upkeep this treatment, as for it to look decent I think it needs to be removed and reapplied every 10-14 days.
So from a customer view point it doesn't live up to expectation, plus it took ages to be applied, it may have been the therapist I used but it took an hour and a half. Will not be rushing back to have it done would rather have an eyelash tint TBH

Try "It's Real" mascara by Benefit at home. It lasts on me for 5 days and I can do it myself perfectly!! I would never pay for spm now. I enjoy Cry Baby but like the results of Benefit because I can do it myself.

semi-permanent mascara! IMO is bad news, it will damage your lashes...

I have recently done the training for Myscara and have to say was very disappointed with the actual product - the content of the training (in my opinion) was very basic and actually think it was expensive for what it was. I am an eyelash tech and thought that this could be an additional service I could offer but have now decided I would rather just offer lashes. The three people I tried it on asked for it to be removed in the first 24 hours, and rightly or wrongly, I made my decision there and then to stop using this product.

Sue

Last edited by a moderator:
why not just tint what are these crybabys better go and have a look never heard of it, oooooooooo excited

I'm not sure what you have based this opinion on?

Like any other product, if it is professionally applied & removed, and correct consultation and aftercare advice is given it WILL NOT damage lashes.

why not just tint what are these crybabys better go and have a look never heard of it, oooooooooo excited

Tinting simply colours lashes. Semi Permanent Mascara is a coating this is applied to the lashes and will give a mascara effect that will last 2-3 weeks

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what you have based this opinion on?

Like any other product, if it is professionally applied & removed, and correct consultation and aftercare advice is given it WILL NOT damage lashes.

Tinting simply colours lashes. Semi Permanent Mascara is a coating this is applied to the lashes and will give a mascara effect that will last 2-3 weeks

Can you let us know how it damages the lashes please? I've had clients that have loved and hated the MYscara look, but none have had their lashes damaged by using the product.

I've done the MYscara course- no problems at all. The product is applied by a professional and as far as can see the only possible damage is that the client might be tempted to pick at lashes like some do with EE. I give out an after care leaflet with all the appropriate advice. X

Latest posts

Back