How can I do Hollywood toes without being crippled?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanityVan

Reaction score
I have been doing Hollywood Gel Toes since October and am very busy at the minute doing 3-4 sets of toes one after the other, but the problem is I have a very bad back and I am struggling to be able to find the best way of doing feet without suffering myself...can any one give me some advise.
At the minute I either sit on the floor or on a sofa whilst the client sits on kitchen chair (I am mobile)

Hi Hun,
Can't really think of a good way mobile, I have a home salon, My clients sit on my massage couch in the sitting up position. Their feet are flat on the bed surface. I then sit on my stool at the end, so easy. They can even manage their cup of coffee.
The only way around this for you would be to take a massage table with you, but they are so heavy even the supposed to be light weight mobile type.
Have you tried lying on your tummy flat to the floor, I know it sounds a bit mad, but I did see some therapists doing this when painting toes in one very posh salon.
What ever you do, good luck.
Lotsa luv x :hug:

I'm mobile and at the top of my list is a pedicure stool!

Something like this:-

View attachment 6262

def rec a foot stool be really careful your back is so important m8

beat me to it...i've been looking at investing in one of them for my home salon.

I have just got mine about a week ago - my back loves me for it! I too have a home salon. They are perfect and make Gel toes and pedicures much easier!

:)

I have my client on a portable couch and I sit at their feet on a stool. Very comfy for both of us. :hug:

thanks mrsab for that reply i'll certinally be investing in one soon:hug:

View attachment 6262

If your client's leg and foot is up on this, it means the toes are pointing skywards and I for one would have a problem doing a gel French without them being flat. Probably great for pedicures though.

I've got a gardeners kneepad with a towel wrapped round it for my poor knees . . . I've tried lots of ways and this seems to suit me the best. It always makes me laugh when the client assumes it's for them to put their feet on :rolleyes::lol: But for me, there's no way round it. It is fairly crippling. Thank goodness I don't do as many of them as I do fingernails lol. (Since I lost a stone from round my middle it has been easier to double over lmao)

I have my client on a portable couch and I sit at their feet on a stool. Very comfy for both of us. :hug:
This is the way i do it too, it is so much easier when the clients foot is flat for you to work on :hug:

View attachment 6262
I have one of these and sorry but I hate it for doing Gel Toes!
I can never get the feet in the right position and it plays havoc with my back I seem to be leaning over to much.
If I was mobile I would get your client to sit on a high stool or even a table and have a stool for them to put their feet on.
:hug:

If your client's leg and foot is up on this, it means the toes are pointing skywards

I use the pedicure stool and ask the client to bend their leg that's on the leg part of the pedicure stool, if you see what I mean. Then the feets are all nice and horizontal. :green:

Latest posts

Back