How can I keep polish on while working?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minxymax

Reaction score
Hiya!!!:eek:

Im a nail tech, i always have white and pink acrylics and am really desperate for a change!!
As the trend for nails at the mo on my clients (and i love the look) is short acrylic with dark polish on, this is what i really want!!! But because im always fiddling ablout with acetone they last two minutes...:cry:
Im thinking of doing gels on but not sure, so i thought i would ask my fellow geeks what they think and see if anyone has any fab advise, so that my nails stay looking fab!!!
Look forward to hearing from you all!!
Thanks!!
xxx

what about some coloured l & p ? I've got cnd's opaque neutral on just now and I think it looks fab, not sure what products you use but they prob do some colours? I wear cnd's red & black metro (with sparkle in) As like you I would just end up in a mess with polish on lol hth xx

soak off coloured gels

I think colored gels or colored powder is a great idea. But, if you WANT polish on your nails...try the Graham plastic backed pads for removing client's polish. Also, when filing, I use the rubber finger thingies (don't know the technical term) you can get at an office supply store. They really save my nails when filing my client's nails.

HTH and best of luck! :)

use a gel topcoat, chemicals won't harm it

im with nailzoo on this.
i would either use coloured gels or use a gel topcoat,just make sure that the gel topcoat is for use over nail varnish for example nsi glaze n go is for use over gels or acrylics it is not suitable for use over polish,you would need to use there gel topcoat called thermoshield over polish this doesnt have a tacky layer to remove after curing so your left with a high shine.
star nails also do one its called quattro its for use with gels,acrylics and polish but its nearly double the price of thermoshield and it does have tacky layer to remove you can buy it from sallys.:)

Hi,
I use handsdown discs! they have plastic backing and tab to hold they are fab...this is instead of cotton wool discs and when I do a soak off I wear gloves untill done the soaking bit! :)

gels it is then !! thankyou so much !!! and yes i shall be getting some thin glove thingies to protect my own!!!
xx

I love Harvest coloured acrylic from NSI (loads of other nice ones) dark brown with the tiniest blue & copper glitter in it, or try Starnails Quattro in clear which can go over nail polish but has to be ultra dry before applying.

popit's with coloured powder is an idea??? Then you can buf to a high shine whenever it's needed, I find that with geltopcoats I always manage to scratch them so I'll have to redo it...

Bio Sculpture has a stunning line of gel colour that keeps it's shine and looks just like a nice polish. I love it!

If you are using acetone for polish removal you will have to use a hard 'non-soak' off gel as acetone will effect soft gels.

When im wearing polish on my nails I wear the gloves that are lightly powdered as this protects the varnish while I work with acetone etc... I find that the acetone manages to still remove my polish when wearing the powder free gloves.

I personally don't really like wearing the gloves as I'm not use to working in them and hide my own nails, so i only wear them while removing the clients varnish and/or cleaning their nail plate, and it works fine.

Annabel
x

I would think Minx is a good alternative to add some colour and staying power.

Latest posts

Back