How can i look older?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrobinson

Reaction score
im sick of being mistaken for 19 when im 23! i know il be chuffed in later life but not now!! i always do my hair and make up nice, try and wear nice clothes, what esle can i do!!

im sick of being mistaken for 19 when im 23! i know il be chuffed in later life but not now!! i always do my hair and make up nice, try and wear nice clothes, what esle can i do!!

Count your lucky stars! :green:

Relax and enjoy it while it lasts!

I feel your pain - I'm 30 and still get asked for ID sometimes!

There's not much you can do really...some clothes/trends are a bit "younger" than others so if it really bothers you I would stay away from glitter/neon/bright prints, but it'd be a shame for you to spend your 20s dressing in beige and black!

Please don't be tempted to do anything "ageing" cos you think you can get away with it though, I've just stopped smoking after 15 years and I can see how much it's aged me even though I look about 14 still!

:eek: .....you are sooooo lucky...i was 27 and got asked for i.d to buy fags,had my 2 children with me and just laughed it off...WHAT A HIGH IT IS !!!

Be pleased because the day they DO know your age,you will be gutted !!

Have kids and mortgage....worked for me...:lol:

enjoy it you look lovely tryin to hard with hair and make up sometimes makes people think you are trying to hard to look older and is countaproductive :). it makes me laugh that young ladies get in a huff about being seen as younger (when in truth they are not generally far off their actual ages) where as older ladies love it. we should all be very thank ful for good genes if your asked for ID. I never get asked :(

Oh gawd, please don't complain (or are you showing off?:twisted:) lol
Honestly, enjoy it, because one day, when you least expect it, you'll get up, look in the mirror and panic over a grey hair, a wrinkle or two, saggy boobs, bloated tummy covered in stretch marks, varicose veins, hair growing from places they never used to and really shouldn't on a lady, broken capillaries, bags under the eyes................need I go on?

You're young, you're gorgeous, enjoy it while you can because believe me it won't last!!:rolleyes: :hug:

Have kids and mortgage....worked for me...:lol:

Agreed! 3 kids just about put 20 years on me:lol:
I sometimes ask them at Asda to ask me my age when I buy alcohol....just for the excitement:)

Oh i soooo know how you feel.I'm 24 and people think i'm 16. I cant get served anything without i.d. It's so annoying. I think for me mascara and a bit of blusher makes me look older. But hey hun, we are only young once, sod it and lets enjoy it!! xxx

When I was 34 my 6 mates and I went out for a girly night as I approached the door of this club, the big bouncer asked me for I.D. I was gobsmacked, I glanced round to see all my younger mates rolling around with laughter, I was mortified!!

I was asked for I.D. a few weeks ago in our local B.P. garage when I asked for a packet of ciggie's - Im 41 !! I put it down to WEARING VERY WELL!!

XX

Print this off...put it in a safe and have a look at it again in 20 years time....:eek:

Till then..thank your lucky stars:hug:

Print this off...put it in a safe and have a look at it again in 20 years time....:eek:

Till then..thank your lucky stars:hug:

too right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:green:

Smoke heavily and drink plenty of wine, like they say get a mortgage, couple of kids and you will be like me and wanting botox at 35 - lol !! Sorry for the unsympathetic reply, am only joking. Dont know the answer to looking older. Perhaps have a different hairstyle, apply make up differently or just blinking well tell us your secret and quick !!! xxx

lol thanks for all your replies!! i have learnt to accept it and decided it will make me happy in the future so i may as well enjoy it now too!! EMBRACE THE YOUTHFUL LOOK! hehe

Latest posts

Back