How do I charge this??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minette

Reaction score
Tomorrow one of my regulars is coming back. She wants a new set and I am going to give here that. She's a real picker (hope you know what I mean:rolleyes:). She has picked her natural nails from onder the free edge so a new set is know realy needed. She has gave me here word so won't pick them anymore.

The nails (the gelnails) are still on so I have to remove them before I can do a new set. Normaly I charge for removing. But this is the first time I remove and put a new set on right a way. And it sounds silly to charge the full amound for the removing. I think a wil give a discount for the removing.

How do you this?

Minette

I normally charge to remove nails even if I am putting a new set right on. I don't have to remove many because most of the time my clients have removed them before they come in. I guess it should depend on what you charge to remove them then maybe half price would be ok. Wish I had a better answer.....

I charge £10 to remove, but £5 if they are having a new set. Don't go feeling guilty and giving your time away. Soaking off is one of the least profitable services time wise.

Tomorrow one of my regulars is coming back. She wants a new set and I am going to give here that. She's a real picker (hope you know what I mean:rolleyes:). She has picked her natural nails from onder the free edge so a new set is know realy needed. She has gave me here word so won't pick them anymore.

The nails (the gelnails) are still on so I have to remove them before I can do a new set. Normaly I charge for removing. But this is the first time I remove and put a new set on right a way. And it sounds silly to charge the full amound for the removing. I think a wil give a discount for the removing.

How do you this?

Minette

HI

I am not a Gel girl at the minute but if the lady is a "picker" and your are constantly removing and replacing her nails what condition are her natural nails in with all that filing.

Would it be better to put L&P on her nails instead - would that mean less damage to her nails or would it not make that much difference?

As i said I am not a Gel girl so it may be easier to buff off than i think!

My worse job soaking off, glad I dont have to do it often. But yeah, I would charge half price. I usually tell my clients how to get the nails off before I get there, so they are waiting for me with tin foiled fingers. haha. Thats my regular clients of course, once they get to know know me and I show them how to do it, just helps the time better.

gel is a lot softer to file than l&p so a full removal is easier than you think. I charge £10 for a full removal if followed by a fullset, although often with a picker there is very little to remove so I do sometimes reduce it to £5, or even nothing if there is just a few bits to come off.

Charge whatever your regular price is for removal in FULL.
SHE caused them to need to be redone, and is causing you extra work.
Perhaps if it costs too much to keep redoing as opposed to just filling, she might be less inclined to intentionally destroy her nails.

Dont give a shortcut just because she needs two services instead of one.
This is not an 'oops' on your part or whatever.
She did it on purpose, why? who knows.:rolleyes:
And she's not a newbie with product on her nails from another salon neither.

Charge her appropriately. It's your time, don't toss it away.

I charge £20 for removal including a manicure and £10 if a new set is applied.

Well she will be the first one on l&p as soon as i finished my course. I started with gel first and doing that for 18 months now. I feel confident with it and just decided to start an l&p course in oktober. By the way, she is only picking on the below side of the free edge. And she started with me in march and tomorow will be the first time that we will change the complete set.
However she is someone that looses some nails along the way. She wants them too long and she's just not that carefull with it.

As a say, she wil go on l&p as soon as my course is finished.

Minette

I charge £20 for removal including a manicure and £10 if a new set is applied.[/quote

I don't understand why you girls charge less when more work is being done? If you had one client with a removal you would charge x amount, and then another client for a full set would also be x amount. Two jobs, two prices?

Well I charge less to persuade my clients to have another set - its all about sales and ongoing relationship and service, and I find my 'sales' and therefore takings increase drastically if I charge 'package' prices.

For example...I charge £25 for a full set and £25 for a pedicure, but only £45 if people book both together - and since I started doing that I've sold more 'packages'.

Its simple marketing really - and proven time and time again by retail and service outlets the world over.

i would charge the full price too you still have th same amount of work to do and it takes the same amount of time to remove why under cut yourself on price??

[
I don't understand why you girls charge less when more work is being done? If you had one client with a removal you would charge x amount, and then another client for a full set would also be x amount. Two jobs, two prices?
I charge less when doing a removal & full set together because it's actually less work then doing a removal & full set seperately. When I do a removal by itself I include a mini manicure which I don't do when reapplying. Also when seperate that's applying polish twice, so there's another 10-15minutes saved.

I think I go for the package idea. I also do a manicure with a removal, which I do not when I put a new set right on.

Thanks for all your reactions
Minette

I agree with Zingara, I always charge a little less for a mani and pedi together. Don't know about your areas but some salons don't even charge (around here) for replacement nails ie; £3.00 each when infilling so that makes it difficult for me to do the same although I am going to have to get tougher with my clients cos I let them get away with all sorts sometimes because I am still trying to build up my client base and want them to come back. I suppose its all about confidence and what your clients are willing to accept. Somehow they accept it from a salon but not from a mobile techy like me. You wouldn't believe the conditions I have worked under sometimes, I am seriously considering only working from home unless client is unable to travel or disabled (rant over!!)
Charlotte

I know what you mean charlotte. I started my homebased salon in januari and in the beginning I was afraid to charge extra for a lot of things. Like nailart etc. :rolleyes: Stupid I know, I am getting better, I always charge something. The lady I talked about just left and is one of my best customers (buys a lot of sideproducts to:)) I decided to let her pay for the removal of the set but charged half of the normal price. In total I removed en put a new set on (and she wares them very long) in 2 and a half hour, so I am very satisfied.

Minette

Latest posts

Back