How do I get onto the new Shellac locator?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say I am pretty gob-smacked by the negativity on this thread:eek: We have been working for over a year to make sure that the only people that will appear, are certified / on-going buyers.

Someone mentioned Beauty Supply | Nail Polish | Shellac | Nail Care | CND - this is the US site, it has nothing to do with Sweet Squared - we are the DISTRIBUTOR, we are not CND and if something needs changing on the CND site - you have to go direct to CND - not us. We have gone above and beyond to send CONSUMERS into REAL TIME Shellac salons or to Shellac mobile nail stylists.

If you bought 2 bottles of Shellac 2 years ago well no, you wont be on it and why would you expect to be? We cant send a consumer to someone who bought 2 bottles 2 years ago:idea:. We need to know that when I meet with Beauty Eds, when we go the distance with Events etc and it gets written about - well now they will have a TRUE 24/7 - 365 days of the year site that they can find an 'honest-to-god-Shellac-salon' that we know are buying form us. Shellac :idea:

Yes there are teething problems / bugs - there always are when something is first launched, but have a little faith please... and as this is to direct the consumer to YOU, to grow your business... a little thank you might be nice too... I am amazed at the negativity!!!:irked::grr:

I offer and have trained with several different therapies and have never been offered free advertising before. I didn't initially show up on the locator so phoned sweet squared. It was a simple problem - I'd clicked on 'don't show address'. Immediately sorted.

So, thank you sweet squared - the most amazing product with free advertising. That is what I call customer service!

I, for one think its great!

It is Great British tradition to moan and say how unfair things are but, suck it up ladies, this is a gift that no one had been entitled to. It was just unselfishly created and bestowed upon us to help us grow and thrive in such dark times.

Mathematically, it worked out that by ordering every 60 days, you would carry out out just ONE Shellac treatment per day (or something along those lines) so if you are doing lees than that, it obviously isn't your main concern. The new site is to lead consumers to the right hands so to speak as there are so many imitations out there and our clients are having shocking experiences that are falsely labelled "Shellac".

I had a lady come the other day to have her Shellac removed (done while she was holidaying in this country), it took an hour to get the stuff off!!

Am I right, Mrs Geek, that you will have to have done the training also to appear??

I, along with thousand others, thanx S2 for love shellac, can't wait for the future xx

Am I right, Mrs Geek, that you will have to have done the training also to appear??
We have been working for over a year to make sure that the only people that will appear, are certified / on-going buyers.

I think Mrs Geek covered this :)

I just want to add that im sure many here agree what an amazing job Samual & the S2 team has done with salon finder, after all this is free advertising that benefits US! Its only just gone live and there's bound to be a few gremlins in the system, often with these things the gremlins aren't always found until its actually gone live. Have some patience peeps and give them a break. :)

Last edited:
I am very happy with it, I am the only one ony area the last time I checked who is on it. Even though there are about 3 or 4 other salons doing it. So I'm chuffed with that. :)

I am very happy with it, I am the only one ony area the last time I checked who is on it. Even though there are about 3 or 4 other salons doing it. So I'm chuffed with that. :)

Totally agree with lolly. I've got the same here so I'm chuffed I'm the only one it. Just have to make sure I place an order every 60 days now so I stay on there!!

My problem is that I just dont order that often. Shellac is my main focus but I am still building up my client list.:sad: Having one shellac client a day would be a dream! I bought a large amount of stock in August so wont need to again for a while.

It's a great idea and I want to be part of it.

Last edited:
My problem is that I just dont order that often. Shellac is my main focus but I am still building up my client list.:sad: Having one shellac client a day would be a dream! I bought a large amount of stock in August so wont need to again for a while.

and so you will be as you grow. The barriers are not designed for those of you who are genuine, they are designed for those who are not. See the above comments on how they know 'others' are promoting Shellac in their area, but not necessarily using it... and those that have done it properly are the only ones who appear on the locator. It really is a WIN WIN for all. :hug:

What about if you order Shellac from Ellisons?

What about if you order Shellac from Ellisons?

Ellisons are not connected with the system and I am not sure if they have future plans to be so. Our DP's (Distributor Partners) are working on their systems so that Edinburgh, Bournemouth and Manchester will be - but they are not right now. HTH's!

I'm in the same position as you, in that I am small fry and have recently bought quite a few colours, along with the whole set at Olympia so will soon fall off the list.

I've been thinking about ways to keep me on there and using Ellisons with their low delivery price for ordering under £50 worth of products was a way that I thought I could do it. Sadly, that looks unlikely now.

I will just have to space things out and not go to the shows anymore so that I keep my purchases online.

I'm in the same position as you, in that I am small fry and have recently bought quite a few colours, along with the whole set at Olympia so will soon fall off the list.

I've been thinking about ways to keep me on there and using Ellisons with their low delivery price for ordering under £50 worth of products was a way that I thought I could do it. Sadly, that looks unlikely now.

I will just have to space things out and not go to the shows anymore so that I keep my purchases online.

Nicole we are hopeful that our system will be set for show orders too so you shouldn't have that problem in the future. It is nothing to do with being 'small fry'... :hug: every customer of ours is important and we have never had a minimum order for that reason - to help those that can't afford to do a one off minimum payment every time, but as you grow so should your sales which makes you perfect for the salon locator moving forward.

Hope this helps in some way! As I said in the first post, the Shellac Salon Locator is simply not helpful to those buying one or two things here or there - the consumer won't be helped by that either and the Locator is for the consumer so they can find a salon that is using Shellac in the way it is designed so that THEY get the best experience. :hug:

Thanks for replying Mrs Geek. I know we are all important to you whether we are ordering £100 a month or £500. I am so glad that show orders will count towards this and reading back over my post has made me realise that I only go for you guys! The longest but best queue in the building!

I do believe the Shellac locator is a brilliant idea to give confidence to the consumer and I will find a way to make it work for me. :hug:

Thanks for replying Mrs Geek. I know we are all important to you whether we are ordering £100 a month or £500. I am so glad that show orders will count towards this and reading back over my post has made me realise that I only go for you guys! The longest but best queue in the building!

I do believe the Shellac locator is a brilliant idea to give confidence to the consumer and I will find a way to make it work for me. :hug:
Of course you will - the teething problems are annoying but so very 'par-for-the-course' on something like this. Your support is invaluable and we do appreciate it so much!!! :!:;)

If anyone is still struggling to find themselves on the salon locator you need to make sure you are allowing your address to be shown. I didn't check this and I wasn't there. As soon as I did I came up straight away.
It's above the map

Vicki x

Ellisons are not connected with the system and I am not sure if they have future plans to be so. Our DP's (Distributor Partners) are working on their systems so that Edinburgh, Bournemouth and Manchester will be - but they are not right now. HTH's!

I normally always order my shellac from ellisons unless I am through at Edinburgh and I buy it direct from the fingertips centre (which isn't often). So from what you have said, would I be best to start getting it from the fingertips centre or directly from S2? (I normally go to ellisons as I'm getting other things anyway and I don't have to pay delivery charges!)
Thanks!

As a brand new business with minimal clients I think the locator is a fantastic marketing tool! I have been telling my clients and they think its brilliant that they can verify I'm a Cnd shellac certified salon! If I get close to not ordering anything for 60days (although highly unlikely) I'll just Order a top or base coat - simples! Keeps me on the locator and its not like I'm not ever gonna use it :)

I've just checked and my business is on it. I think it's a great idea, a real step in the right direction for professionally trained nail techs and genuine Shellac providers who only want the best for their clients. I've just peeked on a competitors website, she's using Cnd Shellac but isn't trained and there is Shellac all up the sidewalls as well as on the nailplate!! Lol. My site now has the proper endorsement, showing potential clients that I am a certified salon and I think thats amazing.

In the USA they have people going round to certify salons, to check their staff are properly trained and using correct products and procedures and I can't wait for that to happen here. The salon locator is definitely a step in the right direction.

And like Natalie, any reason to shop at S2 every 60 days is fine by me...I love shopping there :hug: xx

Latest posts

Back