How do you do a Shellac French polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Khloe*

Reaction score
How do you do a Shellac french polish???

Please would somebody be able to help me, i'm new to shellac and usually use calgel clear with the bright white tip. I'm guessing its the cream puff for the white, but what for the clear would it have to be two coats of top/base coat???

You can do base, Romantique or Negligee, Cream Puff, Negligee then top coat. Makes for a beautiful french! HTH! :)

You can do it however you and your clients like! My personal favorite is romantique, then cream puff, then negligee :) It's pink but not too pink and the romantique evens out the nails tone and camouflages the regrowth a bit. I also like cream puff, then romantique for a softer, more classically creamy and blended french. And for people who have nice and long nail beds, just negligee and then cream puff, with an optional coat of negliee on top (for a pinker look). What's nice about the negligee though, is that it doesn't turn the white pink at all, so I generally opt to do a coat over the white just to smooth everything out nicely. HTH's!

How do you do a Shellac french polish???

Please would somebody be able to help me, i'm new to shellac and usually use calgel clear with the bright white tip. I'm guessing its the cream puff for the white, but what for the clear would it have to be two coats of top/base coat???

Hi Khloe

The main thing is to put 1 layer of Shellac Colour Coat before your Cream Puff (whether it be Negligee or Romantique), so that if you have to "correct" your smile line, you won't be removing the crucial base coat as you swipe.

Hope this helps!

When you do your white, do you manage to do this in one coat or 2 thin coats? When I started shellac I was doing the white too thick so then started doing 2 thin coats. I have now been taking my time and perfecting the white in one coat. Just wondered how everyone else does it?

Hi Sharon :)

One even, thin coat of Cream Puff is enough to give it the look you want.

PS: With the brush in this video, I can lay down a really thin, even coat of Cream Puff. HTH! :)

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/115762-french-smile-line-video.html
Hi hun do you know if the white stays fresh and lasts if dispensed into one of these type of pots? I have one of these ceramic pots which i use to keep small amounts of acetone in (for cleaning smiles in polish) but i have noticed it has evaporated within day or 2 even with the lids shut tight.

Hi, I've not used the container in the video. I have a small pot with a screw on lid. So far, my Cream Puff is great. :)

Hi, I've not used the container in the video. I have a small pot with a screw on lid. So far, my Cream Puff is great. :)

I think the key words here are "so far"...
Keep in mind ladies that Shellac is NOT a gel, it is a hybrid nail color that contains solvents, just like nail polishes do. I wouldn't want to have it in a container that may be letting air in, and have the solvents evaporate and my product thicken...

If you prefer to use another brush, why not just dip it in the original Shellac bottle and do what you have to do?

Just a thought....

Latest posts

Back