How do you do your french polish??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what order do you apply your french polish in

• pink then 2 coats of white on the tip

Votes: 105 24.4%
  • white tip then pink over the top of the white

Votes: 302 70.2%
  • i never polish french just airbrush it on

Votes: 8 1.9%
  • i never polish french i hate it ... too fiddly for me!

Votes: 15 3.5%

• Total voters
Hi Jojo,
How do you rate the Nails Inc training and products compared to Creative?

I use one coat of sticky or toughen up
apply white.........OPI Snow White, I find it doesn't thicken so quickly
I then use an eye lash tinting brush and polish remover to tidy up smile line
then 1 coat of Creative Beau (beautiful pink)
and final coat of Creative super shiney.

I could never do a French before until I read the threads about using nail fresh or polish remover to tidy up the smile line.

My French polishes are now perfect EVERY time. My clients love it. This site is full of so much helpful info.

I don't appear to have posted on this thread .... must be living on another planet sometimes, but here goes:

White tip (Essie Blanc or Waltz)
Base coat (Seche)
One coat pink or ivory (Essie Madmoiselle, Essie Bonds Beige)
Top coat (Essie Good to Go)

I use Sticky base coat
1 Coat of White( two if needed)
Pink?
Super Shiney Top Coat

I offer a choice of Pinks, but most client prefer their French with no pink as this, of course, best matches their natural colouring.

I use Creme Puff, but also offer a creamy white with Pointe Blanc, or a more natural white with Bisou De Lu Lu.

For pinks I use Moonlight and Roses for marked / bruised nails, but I use negligee for a more natural look.

Sue x

hi
i use orly or opi
  • base coat
  • 2 coats of pink
  • 1 coat of white
  • 1 coat of top coat

I always do white tip first and this is how i was trained BUT if someone wants their tips to be really white then i will do the colour then the white tip.

I do mine by painting Base Coat, Pink Polish then painting the White tips, waiting a little while for the polish to dry a bit and then top coat. :)

I use orly ruberised bonder, then one coat of orly white, then one coat of orly pink then finish with in a snap top coat. I find the trick is to do the white in one very quick stroke across the free edge, quick is best, the minute I start faffing about , it all goes wrong !!:)

I do whites first

• Base Coat
  • White x2
  • Pink
  • Top Coat
Most clients I have done though have always wanted just white tips no pink. I personally prefer it without the pink

• Base Coat
  • White x2
  • Top Coat

base coat matching the client nails
and then it all depends on the clients... some want the white to be really white, some don't... so I can adapt. when it's on me, first 1-2 layers of Bubble Bath (soft pink) and then Alpine snow and I usually finish with a Paris Couture Glitter top Coat because I never wear a simple P&w lol

basecoat, white => make the line crisp with nailfresh and pencil, soft pink, white to just even out the previous white smile line and then topcoat.

I have to admit that i hate doing french polish....the time that I put in it versus the after care of moste customers...:rolleyes: I wish i could just skip this service :lol:

rather give me some white powder and liquid so i know it will last for a few weeks.

I always do my base coat,then pink, and then the white on the tip, then top coat. I love doing french polish ,my nails are always french polished ,it makes them look so much better i think.xx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back