How long did it take you to fall pregnant?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brill news congrats!x

Massive congratulations! You must be so pleased.
It's an exciting time. I'm nearly 8 weeks now and still can't quite believe my luck.
Enjoy and look after yourself x

Been trying 4 years, no look. Had numerous tests, went to start ivf but I couldn't face it so back out ... Neither myself or my hubby have any known problems,

What will be will be.

Good luck to all of you xxx

Massive congratulations! You must be so pleased.
It's an exciting time. I'm nearly 8 weeks now and still can't quite believe my luck.
Enjoy and look after yourself x

So happy for you!! I have my first midwife appointment this afternoon. I feel very blessed! Take care of yourself too 😀 xx

Can I jump in on this thread... I'm around 9 dpo and had these test the strange thing being the bottom one with the line was 8 dpo but today's the top two look neg to me?! Any ideas girls? X ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397643619.540694.jpg

I came off the pill and was told because I'd been on the depo injection it could take years. It took 3 weeks!

I am going to the doctor tomorrow to be referred to a fertility clinic. I have mixed emotion atm upset as I never thought I'd have to get tested, excited to finally get tested to see if anythings wrong and nervous as I don't know what to expect, I don't want to be poked and prodded but I suppose I'll have to get used to that :-( x

I am going to the doctor tomorrow to be referred to a fertility clinic. I have mixed emotion atm upset as I never thought I'd have to get tested, excited to finally get tested to see if anythings wrong and nervous as I don't know what to expect, I don't want to be poked and prodded but I suppose I'll have to get used to that :-( x

Aww good luck babychops! Let us know how you get on :)

Xx

Yes good luck honey :) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Good luck hun.

I have been there and at the moment my hubby and I can't agree on ivf, i just don't think I can do it and he's desperate :( horrible situation to be in. The prodding and poking isn't great but it's not as bad as you'd think. I don't don't think I can handle the stress of ivf, my salon has been open just 10 weeks and I'm not taking a wage yet so for me it's not practical. Hubby says time will never be right ... Neither of us can win.

Girls I feel your pain, we've been trying for over two years I have PCOS and my partner went for a sperm test had the results today and it was low , they want him to re do it . I was due to start Clomid , but have had a letter to see the consultant next month I have a funny feeling they won't give it to me and refer us straight for ivf , only trouble us my partner as a daughter which means we will have to fund it ourselves if we get referred .
I really don't know how I feel . It's one thing to decide as a women you don't want children but to be told you can't naturally as far as I'm concerned is heart breaking .

:-( I'm sorry to hear about both of your problems, I hope one day soon it will happen for both of you. I am still very positive atm as I still think it's because of being on the pill for so long, my last few periods have been every 4 weeks and spot on to the day now so I am extremely regular, I ovulate exactly 14 days after my period and then come on again exactly 14 days after ovulation. I think that's a good thing anyway lol x

:-( I'm sorry to hear about both of your problems, I hope one day soon it will happen for both of you. I am still very positive atm as I still think it's because of being on the pill for so long, my last few periods have been every 4 weeks and spot on to the day now so I am extremely regular, I ovulate exactly 14 days after my period and then come on again exactly 14 days after ovulation. I think that's a good thing anyway lol x

That is a very good sign , have you used the ovulation kits ?

That is a very good sign , have you used the ovulation kits ?

Iv only used them a few times, I'm very lucky I get ovulation pains (very painful) so I can pin point when I will ovulate, so I don't need ovulation kits x

Girls I feel your pain, we've been trying for over two years I have PCOS and my partner went for a sperm test had the results today and it was low , they want him to re do it . I was due to start Clomid , but have had a letter to see the consultant next month I have a funny feeling they won't give it to me and refer us straight for ivf , only trouble us my partner as a daughter which means we will have to fund it ourselves if we get referred .
I really don't know how I feel . It's one thing to decide as a women you don't want children but to be told you can't naturally as far as I'm concerned is heart breaking .

I have pcos too it's awful.
It's amazing how many woman I talk to who actually has it. I have read book after book about pcos.
Is there no way you could get funding even though your partner has a daughter? My cousin had ivf her tubes were blocked and it worked first time her we call him a little miracle as she had lots of problems after she had a lap and dye from the hospital anyway she and her partner managed to get ivf even though her partner already had a son. Xx

I have pcos too it's awful.
It's amazing how many woman I talk to who actually has it. I have read book after book about pcos.
Is there no way you could get funding even though your partner has a daughter? My cousin had ivf her tubes were blocked and it worked first time her we call him a little miracle as she had lots of problems after she had a lap and dye from the hospital anyway she and her partner managed to get ivf even though her partner already had a son. Xx

To be honest I really don't know , I don't have an appointment with my consultant till may 27 th ..I think it depends on the postcode, it's a postcode lottery but as far as I no .. Yes we do have to fund it xx

Hi all,
The first day of you period will always be exactly 14 days after ovulation - so if you ovulated on day 18 your cycle would be 32 days / if it was on day 14 your cycle will be 28 days ..
My cycles can vary from 28 days - 46 / iv even had 56 day cycles ... So it's Soo hard to gage when ovulation is, the tests don't work for me as my dates vary so much, and it would literally mean I need a stick for every day, which iv tried and it still didn't work for me, but do know 2 who it did work for ...
I'm currently on my last month of Clomid - and next apt is June ...
After years of trying not to get pregnant to this .... Gotta laugh at life eh ... !!!!

Xxx

Iv been to the doctors and have got to go for blood tests tomorrow morning (which means I can't have anything to eat before I go) I feel like a weight has been lifted now that something's happening! :) my husband has to wait till next Thursday to see his gp to be referred to the hospital for a sperm count, that seems ages away! lol how quickly does he get the result? As I know they have to check ASAP when it's fresh lol! x

Iv been to the doctors and have got to go for blood tests tomorrow morning (which means I can't have anything to eat before I go) I feel like a weight has been lifted now that something's happening! :) my husband has to wait till next Thursday to see his gp to be referred to the hospital for a sperm count, that seems ages away! lol how quickly does he get the result? As I know they have to check ASAP when it's fresh lol! x

Yay, things are moving for you now :)

Think you'll just have to call up his GP for the results, ask him to ask his GP when he goes. Ours went to our Gyne so we had to wait til our next appointment. :(

How far away do you live from the hospital? We had to either deliver the sample (still warm) within 30 mins, when we were referred to a different hospital over 30 mins away he had to do it a 'special' room onsite. To keep it warm I kept it inbetween my thighs whilst he drove!

Xx

Latest posts

Back